Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connecting windows to Vmware
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Connecting windows to Vmware Post 302906010 by richardsantink on Monday 16th of June 2014 03:56:26 PM
Old 06-16-2014
Just out of curiosity... is your VMimage set to NAT or bridged mode for networking? I've experienced issues with NAT mode similar to yours.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connecting SGI to Windows PC

I am trying to network an SGI running Irix 6.5 through an ethernet line to a PC running Windows 2000 (I have connected other PC's to this PC without any problems.) The PC has a DSL connection from Verizon that does not support Unix. I tried using DHCP on the SGI, but when I open a web browser on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to windows from unix

how to connect to windows from unix??? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemant30
7 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

free VMWARE clone for windows?

I'm looking for a free alternative to VMWARE, that will function in the same way. Bochs is not an option, and I can't seem to find any other viable software that will run on Windows. Cygwin is not what I'm looking for. Anyone know of public license software that is like VMWARE? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connecting UNIX to Windows

Is there a way to connect to Windows from UNIX. From Windows to UNIX, there is a putty that can be used. Is putty also possible to use to connect? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

connecting to Unix from windows - help

Hello, I have a requirement like - I need to connect to specific Unix machine.That machine authenticates the user who is logging in. I am accessing from XP machine. Is possible to supply the Username & Password along with Host name and port, from Windows command prompt? If so how? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassiel
13 Replies

6. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can not ping from Solaris VMWare to Windows

Dear All, I have installed Sun Solaris 10 on VMWare 6.5 completely and i have configured IP address already. Solaris's IP Address (on VMWare) is 192.168.10.241 and Windows xp that contain VMWare IP address is 192.168.10.125, but when i ping from solaris to my windows it didn't response at all.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veasnabee
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Connectivity between Solaris 10 in VMWare and windows Host

I have installed Open Solaris 10 on VMware which is hosted on Windows XP, my PC. I would like to have a connection between Solaris and Windows, so that i can SSH/Telnet from windows to Solaris. I don't have any Internet connection. Please help me with the network connection settings i have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsachin245
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Share folder between vmware and windows

when i try to mount share folder in redhat mount share -t vmboxfs /mnt it shows no filesystem vmbox:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
4 Replies
ipnat(1M)																 ipnat(1M)

NAME
ipnat - user interface to the NAT subsystem SYNOPSIS
ipnat [-dlhnrsvCF] -f filename The ipnat utility opens a specified file (treating - as stdin) and parses it for a set of rules that are to be added or removed from the IP NAT. If there are no parsing problems, each rule processed by ipnat is added to the kernel's internal lists. Rules are appended to the internal lists, matching the order in which they appear when given to ipnat. ipnat's use is restricted through access to /dev/ipauth, /dev/ipl, and /dev/ipstate. The default permissions of these files require ipnat to be run as root for all operations. ipnat's use is restricted through access to /dev/ipnat. The default permissions of /dev/ipnat require ipnat to be run as root for all oper- ations. The following options are supported: -C Delete all entries in the current NAT rule listing (NAT rules). -F Delete all active entries in the current NAT translation table (currently active NAT mappings). -d Turn debug mode on. Causes a hex dump of filter rules to be generated as it processes each one. -f filename Parse specified file for rules to be added or removed from the IP NAT. filename can be stdin. -h Print number of hits for each MAP/Redirect filter. -l Show the list of current NAT table entry mappings. -n Prevents ipf from doing anything, such as making ioctl calls, which might alter the currently running kernel. -s Retrieve and display NAT statistics. -r Remove matching NAT rules rather than add them to the internal lists. -v Turn verbose mode on. Displays information relating to rule processing and active rules/table entries. /dev/ipnat Link to IP Filter pseudo device. /dev/kmem Special file that provides access to virtual address space. /etc/ipf/ipnat.conf Location of ipnat startup configuration file. /usr/share/ipfilter/examples/ Contains numerous IP Filter examples. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWipfu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ipf(1M), ipfstat(1M), ipnat(4), attributes(5) To view license terms, attribution, and copyright for IP Filter, the default path is /usr/lib/ipf/IPFILTER.LICENCE. If the Solaris operat- ing environment has been installed anywhere other than the default, modify the given path to access the file at the installed location. 25 Jul 2005 ipnat(1M)