Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ERROR: Copy of CD image failed Post 302878904 by bartus11 on Monday 9th of December 2013 12:55:27 PM
Old 12-09-2013
What does this show:
Code:
grep TMPDIR /mnt/Solaris_10/Tools/setup_install_server
env | grep -i tmp

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Image copy (Clone)

Hi all, I need to perform a physical copy of a DIGITAL(HP) Server machine: is it possibe to do this in order to have an exact copy ( a clone to intend of)to another machine: including also the configuration files and the network configuration of the previous machine?. Someone said me I can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cicalons
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP failed to copy mulitple files from multiple directory

I am using below scripts to copy all the files from multiple folders. By executing individually command i am able to copy all the files but using scripts only getting first file. System is ignoring the second CD and mget command. HOST=server.com USER=loginid PASSWD="abc" echo "open $HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetvipin
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

7. Linux

Mount reiserfs .dsk image failed: can't read superblock

I have a failed 160 GB Western Digital Netcenter NAS disk and its image after failing in .DSK format. When I connect the disk to my ubuntu machine and typed: # losetup -o 512006144 /dev/loop1 /dev/sdc # mkdir /tmp/sdc # mount -r -t reiserfs /dev/loop1 /tmp/sdc I get my folders and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalil1408
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2

Hi, I have done Copy image and Restores back on Windows. I have two solaris servers, one contains Solaris OS and Applications on Server-1. Want i required is want to copy image of Server-1 and restores the copied image on Server-2. First of all, is it possibile in Solaris. If it is then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarshads
4 Replies

9. AIX

Cpio: copy failed - No space left on device when I use rpm

Hello, I want to install GCC gcc-4.8.1-2.src.rpm for AIX 6.1 when I lance my command rpm -i gcc-4.8.1-2.src.rpm I have this error unpacking of archive failed on file gcc-4.8.1.tar.bz2: cpio: copy failed - No space left on device I checked the free space and I am surpise becouse I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatab355
7 Replies

10. Solaris

How to make an exact image copy of a SCSI hard drive in Solaris 8 OS?

To Solaris 8 Experts, Please let me know what's the best method / procedure as well as the Solaris 8 commands for accomplishing the following tasks on a production Sun Enterprise 250 Server running Sun Solaris 8 Operating System: 1. Make an exact image/copy of the SCSI Hard Drive in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If zgrep is invoked as zegrep or zfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep zgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; zgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), zdiff(1), zmore(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ZGREP(1)