Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Send file attachement in mail Post 302878809 by nes on Monday 9th of December 2013 05:37:34 AM
Old 12-09-2013
Thanks ZoZoo,

There was problem with environment, but now it is working fine.

your link is very useful ...... Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with a subject and an attachement

Dear All: I want to send a message to a list of people with a subject and an attachement, currently I am using the following command into a shell script: uuencode $FILENAME.gz $FILENAME.gz | mail john.kennedy@mycompany.com m.m@mycompany.com With this command I can send the message for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with an attachement of a file

I wanted to try sending a mail with an attachement at command prompt in unix. Some one please advise that how we can do it ? Thanks, :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddeg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Mail with Attachement

Hi Can somebody help me in wirting shell script in the following way.Desperately i have poseted this.. 1.How can I connect to Oracle(Sqlplus) from UNIX. 2.After connecting to it I have to execute an oracle proceudure.. 3.Execution of the procedure will give some set of rows.. 4.The set of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chgopi
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachement-Getting connection refused by domain

Hi all, I am a newbie to unix. I need to send an email with an attachment in unix to some id like abc@some_company.com Code i have used is ------------Code--------------------------- #!/bin/ksh set -x #set -n #cript: unix_mail_withattachments.ksh # Aurthor: Ravin Maharaj #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

query about Attachement in mail

Hi All, I have general query that ...in my script i used uuencode option like below. cd /location (cat test.txt uuencode test.csv test.csv ) | mail -s "test mail" "mail_id" but whenever i run the above command its giving error like below ./testscript.sh: uuencode not found: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

attachement through mail command

Can't attach text files to 'mail' command. I dont have mutt or mailx to use on my server. so i have to use mail command any help would be great. Regards, Kiran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending attachement in mail

Hi , I am using the below code to send mail through a script which run as a cron job. msgdate=`date +"%a, %e %Y %T %z"` daemail=$(cat <<! From: $from To: $emailtarget Subject: $subject Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; Content-Disposition: inline $priority $CONTENT !)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies
on(1)							      General Commands Manual							     on(1)

NAME
on - execute command on remote host with environment similar to local SYNOPSIS
| host [command [argument] ... ] DESCRIPTION
executes a command on a remote host, using an environment similar to that of the invoking user where: host specifies the name of the host on which to execute the command. command specifies the command to execute on host If command is not specified, starts a shell on host. argument ... is a list of arguments for command. The user's environment variables are copied to the remote host, and the file system containing the user's current working directory is NFS mounted on the remote host (see nfs(7)). The command is executed on the remote host in the user's current working directory. Commands using relative path names that reference file system objects within the user's current working file system have the same behavior as running the command on the client. The behavior of commands using relative path names that cross the file system boundary or commands using absolute path names depends on the organization of the remote host's file system. Implicit and explicit use of environment variables may also cause a command's behavior to be dependent on the organization of the remote host's file system. For example, the environment variable usually contains absolute path names. Standard input, output and error of the remote command are connected to the appropriate file descriptors on the client. The remote execution daemon does not allow to execute a remote command. The signals and are propagated to the remote command. and are ignored by the remote command. All other signals are delivered to the com- mand. In order to execute a remote command, the remote host must be configured to execute (see rexd(1M)). Options recognizes the following options: Interactive mode. This option is required for commands that must communicate with a terminal such as or Terminal mode changes are propagated to the server. The standard input for an interactive command must be a tty device. The and options are mutually exclusive. Debug mode. Print diagnostic messages during startup of the command. These messages are useful for detecting configuration problems if the command to a specific host is failing. No input mode. This option causes the remote command to get end-of-file (EOF) when it reads from standard input, instead of connecting the standard input of the command to the standard input of the remote command. The option is required when running commands in the background. The and options are mutually exclusive. DIAGNOSTICS
The host name host was not found in the hosts database. The host host is down, unreachable on the network, or not running A problem occurred trying to find the user's current working directory (current_dir). A problem occurred trying to determine the mount point of the user's current working directory (current_dir). The standard input (stdin) of the command with the option is not a tty device. Errors that occur on the server server are propagated back to the client. These messages are documented in the DIAGNOSTICS section of rexd(1M). AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
exports(4), rexd(1M). on(1)