Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Send file attachement in mail Post 302878380 by nes on Friday 6th of December 2013 12:44:29 AM
Old 12-06-2013
Thanks Zozoo,

But in SunOs it is not working. Please advice to attach the file in mail for Sunos system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with a subject and an attachement

Dear All: I want to send a message to a list of people with a subject and an attachement, currently I am using the following command into a shell script: uuencode $FILENAME.gz $FILENAME.gz | mail john.kennedy@mycompany.com m.m@mycompany.com With this command I can send the message for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with an attachement of a file

I wanted to try sending a mail with an attachement at command prompt in unix. Some one please advise that how we can do it ? Thanks, :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddeg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Mail with Attachement

Hi Can somebody help me in wirting shell script in the following way.Desperately i have poseted this.. 1.How can I connect to Oracle(Sqlplus) from UNIX. 2.After connecting to it I have to execute an oracle proceudure.. 3.Execution of the procedure will give some set of rows.. 4.The set of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chgopi
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachement-Getting connection refused by domain

Hi all, I am a newbie to unix. I need to send an email with an attachment in unix to some id like abc@some_company.com Code i have used is ------------Code--------------------------- #!/bin/ksh set -x #set -n #cript: unix_mail_withattachments.ksh # Aurthor: Ravin Maharaj #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

query about Attachement in mail

Hi All, I have general query that ...in my script i used uuencode option like below. cd /location (cat test.txt uuencode test.csv test.csv ) | mail -s "test mail" "mail_id" but whenever i run the above command its giving error like below ./testscript.sh: uuencode not found: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

attachement through mail command

Can't attach text files to 'mail' command. I dont have mutt or mailx to use on my server. so i have to use mail command any help would be great. Regards, Kiran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending attachement in mail

Hi , I am using the below code to send mail through a script which run as a cron job. msgdate=`date +"%a, %e %Y %T %z"` daemail=$(cat <<! From: $from To: $emailtarget Subject: $subject Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; Content-Disposition: inline $priority $CONTENT !)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies
posix_madvise(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					 posix_madvise(3C)

NAME
posix_madvise - memory advisory information SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mman.h> int posix_madvise(void *addr, size_t len, int advice); DESCRIPTION
The posix_madvise() function advises the system on the expected behavior of the application with respect to the data in the memory starting at address addr, and continuing for len bytes. The system may use this information to optimize handling of the specified data. The posix_madvise() function has no effect on the semantics of access to memory in the specified range, although it may affect the performance of access. The advice to be applied to the memory range is specified by the advice parameter and may be one of the following values: POSIX_MADV_NORMAL Specifies that the application has no advice to give on its behavior with respect to the specified range. It is the default characteristic if no advice is given for a range of memory. POSIX_MADV_SEQUENTIAL Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range sequentially from lower addresses to higher addresses. POSIX_MADV_RANDOM Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range in a random order. POSIX_MADV_WILLNEED Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range in the near future. POSIX_MADV_DONTNEED Specifies that the application expects that it will not access the specified range in the near future. These values are defined in <sys/mman.h> RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, posix_madvise() returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The posix_madvise() function will fail if: EINVAL The value of advice is invalid. ENOMEM Addresses in the range starting at addr and continuing for len bytes are partly or completely outside the range allowed for the address space of the calling process. The posix_madvise() function may fail if: EINVAL The value of len is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mmap(2), madvise(3C), posix_madvise(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Jul 2008 posix_madvise(3C)