Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help going from power pc to newer computer! Post 302871085 by alister on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 12:54:12 PM
Old 11-05-2013
If a patient dies because of a system monitoring failure, this thread will probably be entered into evidence during the subsequent legal action.

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than...

Is there a way to use the find command to locate files newer than a specific date? Thanks! --Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find ! -newer

Hi, I would like to find if a file called test.log is older than 10 min. So i wrote : #!/usr/bin/ksh FICLOG="/home/uuu/result_test.log" FIC="/home/uuu/test.log" touch -t `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); printf("%s\n",strftime("%m%d%H%M",localtime(time-3600*0.17)));'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbfree
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with -newer command

Ok, here's the situation: There's a script that runs every day on a UNIX box that collects files. The script has now been changed so that at the start of a new day, the script would create a new folder and then copy files to it for that day. This has put me in a dilema as I have a script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file1 newer then file2

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and i need to create a script with the following directions and I can not figure it out. Create a shell script called newest.bash that takes two filenames as input arguments ($1 and $2) and prints out the name of the newest file (i.e. the file with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mandylynn78
1 Replies

8. Linux Benchmarks

Newer PC build.

Just decided to run the benchmark for the heck of it. -Version- Dist: Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 CPU/Speed: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz RAM: DDR4 DRAM 64 GB 3000 MHz CMK64GX4M4B3000C15 MB: Maximus VIII Ranger Bus: 8 sata, 1 M.2 Socket 3 Cache: L2=4 x 256KB, L3=8 MB shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bajanine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file only if newer

I only want the file copied if it is newer. But it still copies the file? zip -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip ./* cp -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip $DOCS_Backup/Ubuntu_Documents_`date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M"`.zip (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
GO::Model::Evidence(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  GO::Model::Evidence(3pm)

NAME
GO::Model::Evidence - evidence for an association SYNOPSIS
my $ev_l = $association->evidence_list; foreach my $ev (@$ev_l) { print "Evidence for association %s : %s ", $association->gene_product->symbol, $ev->code; } DESCRIPTION
evidence for an association see http://www.geneontology.org/GO.evidence.html for a list of evidence codes code Usage - $ev->code("IEA"); Returns - Args - gets/sets the evidence code see http://www.geneontology.org/GO.evidence.html seq_acc Usage - Returns - Args - gets/sets the sequence accesion GO::Model::Xref ALPHA CODE - API may change used to set the GO::Model::Xref list from a text string. eg $ev->seq_acc("SGD:RRP41; SGDID:L0003550"); will actually add two GO::Model::Xref objects This method doesnt really belong in the GO::Model::* hierarchy as it contains parsing code. Its a minor hack mainly due to the fact that this data is still denormalized in the database. add_seq_xref Usage - Returns - Args - equivalent to WITH column in gene_association files, and evidence_dbxref tables in db add_pub_xref Usage - Returns - Args - xref Usage - Returns - Args - gets/sets the literature or sequence reference GO::Model::Xref NOTE: at some point we may want to deprecate this method and persuade API client code to call $ev->literature_xref instead, to make explicit the fact that this is a literature reference as opposed to a sequence reference xref_list Usage - Returns - GO::Model::Xref listref Args - returns all (sequence and literature) references xref Usage - Returns - Args - deprected - sets first pub_xref_list valid_codes Usage - print join("; ", GO::Model::Evidence->valid_codes); Returns - string array Args - list of valid evidence codes perl v5.14.2 2013-02-07 GO::Model::Evidence(3pm)