Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Awk/script to list the owners of files Post 302869263 by Scott on Wednesday 30th of October 2013 01:37:33 AM
Old 10-30-2013
If you have the stat command, you can try:

Code:
[scott@ks tmp]$ touch a b c
[scott@ks tmp]$ stat -c "%U %n" *
scott a
scott b
scott c

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Need help from E280R owners

Hello, I have recently aquired an E280R chassis, that is one of the first E280R chassis so it still features old fan block from 420R (540-4434). Unfortunately I have 900Mhz X7009A CPUs to go into this machine and those need a better fan block (540-5088) because they do overheat :(. Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Don.Key
2 Replies

2. AIX

Identifying Semaphore Owners

Hi, I have an AIX server which has a number of root owned semaphores. Is there a way of identifying which processes/threads own these processes so that they can be removed. I there also a way to remove shared memory segments in a similar way Thanks. \ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: backslash
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: list files with 1rst col=N and char position 123=N

I need to list all files where 1rst column=ABK and char position 123 to 125=ZBK: For the first part I can I can do a awk '{$1="ABK";print}' file and for the second a cut -c123-125 file | grep ZBK but this would only work partially.. How can I do this with only one awk command ? Thanks in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A perl script to list files

Hi guys, I'm learning grep and map functions in perl and ran into a problem. I have a little script below: #!/usr/bin/perl -w die "Usage: $0 dir\n" if @ARGV != 1; opendir (D, $ARGV) or die $!; @text_files = grep { !-d } readdir D; rewinddir D; @sizes = sort {$b <=> $a} map { -s... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: new bie
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script to parse list of bandwidth rules

Hello all gurus, I have a long list of rules as below: 20 name:abc addr:203.45.247.247/255.255.255.255 WDW-THRESH:12 BW-OUT:10000000bps BW-IN:15000000bps STATSDEVICE:test247 STATS:Enabled (4447794/0) <IN OUT> 25 name:xyz160 addr:203.45.233.160/255.255.255.224 STATSDEVICE:test160... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script on a list of hosts

SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-skysmart-01.net;monthly_process_check;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s) of (monthly-processor6) running on host (less than 1) SERVICE NOTIFICATION: SOC;invoice-02.skysmart.net;JAVA_PROCESS_CHECK;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL: (0) instance(s)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find only files/directories with different permissions/owners

My git post-update has the following lines in it to make sure the permissions are set right: find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755 find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644 chown -R apache:apache /usr/local/apache/htdocsThe only problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Files script

Hello everyone - I have the task to create a file list script that will list files in directory based on the parameters passed to the program. It has to be a C Shell - I mentioned that before but I got closed :) - the company only allows this shell for security purposes I guess. Anyway, here is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianvas12
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Script execution is very slow when trying to find all files and their owners on HP-UX box

Hi, I have a HP-UX server were I need to list all the files in the entire file system, their directory path, last modified date, owner and group. I do not need to search the file contents. I created the script given below and I am excluding directories and files of type tmp, temp and log. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
4 Replies
appclient(1M)						    Application Server Utility						     appclient(1M)

NAME
appclient - launches the Application Client Container and invokes the client application packaged in the application JAR file SYNOPSIS
appclient -client client_application_jar [-mainclass client_application_main_classname|-name display_name] [-xml sun-acc.xml file] [-tex- tauth] [-user username] [-password password] Use the appclient command to launch the application client container and invoke a client application that is packaged in an application JAR file. The application client jar file is psecified and created during deployment either by the deploytool or by using the asadmin deploy command. The application client container is a set of java classes, libraries and other files that are required to execute a first-tier application client program on a Java Virtual Machine (JVM). The application client container communicates with the Application Server using RMI-IIOP. The client.jar that is retrieved after deploying an application , should be passed with the -client option while running the appclient utility. The -mainclass and -name options are optional for a single client application. For multiple client applications use either the -classname option or the- name option. -client required; the name and location for the client application jar file. The application client JAR file is specified and created during deployment, either by the deploytool or by the asadmin deploy command. -mainclass optional; the full classname of the main client application main() method that will be invoked by the Application Client Container. Used for a single client application. By default, uses the class specified in the client jar. The class name must be the full name. For example, com.sun.test.AppClient -name optional; the display name for the client application. Used for multiple client applications. By default, the dis- play name is specified in the client jar application-client.xml file which is identified by the display-name attribute. -xml optional if using the default domain and instance, otherwise it is required; identifies the name and location of the client configuration XML file. If not specified, defaults to the value of $AS_ACC_CONFIG identified in asenv.conf file. -textauth optional; used to specify using text format authentication when authentication is needed. Example 1: Using the appclient command appclient -client appserv/bin/myclientapp.jar -mainclass com.sun.test.TestAppClient -xml sun-acc.xml scott sample Where: appserv/bin/myclientapp.jar is the full path for the client application .jar file, com.sun.text.TestAppClient is the full Java pack- age name of the main client application, scott and sample are arguments to pass to the application, and sun-acc.xml is the name of the client configuration XML file. If sun-acc.xml is not in the current directory, you must give the absolute path location; otherwise the rel- ative path is used. The relative path is relative to the directory where the command is being executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ package-appclient(1M), asadmin(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 appclient(1M)