Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut command not working in for loop Post 302863765 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 15th of October 2013 05:36:05 AM
Old 10-15-2013
Could you please show us the result of this :

Code:
cd /dm/RMDW_LandingZone/dev/work_area/ABaC_reregister
ls -l | grep GTDA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use loop var i within Cut Command

Hi, In the following bash code rather than cutting at a predefined character I would like to cut at position i (i var from loop). Is this possible? I have tried eval, but either it's not possible or my syntax is wrong. thanks Nick for i in {1..9} do theChar=$(echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: de_la_espada
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut not working in a loop

I have a function "MyPrint" that runs great on a file (BaseData.txt) that has one line of data. If i add rows to the text file it's reading the tFile variable becomes a list of every field 2 in the file. To correct this, i tried to call the function from a loop where i read one line at a time and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KME
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the present working directory

how to traverse through each directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut not working the way i want it to

Hi Forum Im having problem with cut it even when i cut a field from an input file eg echo $x | cut -f1 -d':' it doesnt read the whole line if there is a space in it eg thisLineHasA SpaceInIt :wall: it only read up to the space.What i want is so the it cut the field as one line ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut command, no input delim, output delim not working

Hello, I'm using cygwin on my Windows 7 machine. From the man pages of cut: --output-delimiter=STRING use STRING as the output delimiter the default is to use the input delimiter I tried the following commands and got the error messages: $ cut -c1-10,20-30 -d... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kojac
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CUT command not giving correct result inside loop

Hi, i have a source file and have 3 columns and separated by "|" .i want to split this 3 columns in different variable.When i am executing this values indivisually giving correct result but when the same execute inside a for loop,it's giving issues. Src file(jjj.txt) -------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mv command in for loop - not working

HI Folks - I'm very frustrated - I'm trying to execute a verys imple for loop and rename the files if they exist. here is my loop : ydate=`TZ=aaa24 date +%m%d` CR_YR=$(date "+%Y") echo $ydate echo ${CR_YR} cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is my cut command not working ?

OS : RHEL 6.8 Shell : bash I want to remove all lines like below from the history output as it has password. $ history | grep sqlplus 239 sqlplus jn_usr/dxc825#@10.5.12.106/OCSGPD 256 sqlplus osb_soa/KD1egM09@10.5.12.196/BSOAPRD 279 sqlplus jn_usr/dxc825#@10.80.16.219/OCSGPD... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
5 Replies
Excel(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Excel(3pm)

NAME
DBD::Excel - A class for DBI drivers that act on Excel File. This is still alpha version. SYNOPSIS
use DBI; $hDb = DBI->connect("DBI:Excel:file=test.xls") or die "Cannot connect: " . $DBI::errstr; $hSt = $hDb->prepare("CREATE TABLE a (id INTEGER, name CHAR(10))") or die "Cannot prepare: " . $hDb->errstr(); $hSt->execute() or die "Cannot execute: " . $hSt->errstr(); $hSt->finish(); $hDb->disconnect(); DESCRIPTION
This is still alpha version. The DBD::Excel module is a DBI driver. The module is based on these modules: * Spreadsheet::ParseExcel reads Excel files. * Spreadsheet::WriteExcel writes Excel files. * SQL::Statement a simple SQL engine. * DBI Of course. :-) This module assumes TABLE = Worksheet. The contents of first row of each worksheet as column name. Adding that, this module accept temporary table definition at "connect" method with "xl_vtbl". ex. my $hDb = DBI->connect( "DBI:Excel:file=dbdtest.xls", undef, undef, {xl_vtbl => {TESTV => { sheetName => 'TEST_V', ttlRow => 5, startCol => 1, colCnt => 4, datRow => 6, datLmt => 4, } } }); For more information please refer sample/tex.pl included in this distribution. Metadata The following attributes are handled by DBI itself and not by DBD::Excel, thus they all work like expected: Active ActiveKids CachedKids CompatMode (Not used) InactiveDestroy Kids PrintError RaiseError Warn (Not used) The following DBI attributes are handled by DBD::Excel: AutoCommit Always on ChopBlanks Works NUM_OF_FIELDS Valid after "$hSt->execute" NUM_OF_PARAMS Valid after "$hSt->prepare" NAME Valid after "$hSt->execute"; undef for Non-Select statements. NULLABLE Not really working, always returns an array ref of one's. Valid after "$hSt->execute"; undef for Non-Select statements. These attributes and methods are not supported: bind_param_inout CursorName LongReadLen LongTruncOk Additional to the DBI attributes, you can use the following dbh attribute: xl_fmt This attribute is used for setting the formatter class for parsing. xl_dir This attribute is used only with "data_sources" on setting the directory where Excel files ('*.xls') are searched. It defaults to the current directory ("."). xl_vtbl assumes specified area as a table. See sample/tex.pl. xl_skiphidden skip hidden rows(=row height is 0) and hidden columns(=column width is 0). See sample/thidden.pl. xl_ignorecase set casesensitive or not about table name and columns. Default is sensitive (maybe as SQL::Statement). See sample/thidden.pl. Driver private methods data_sources The "data_sources" method returns a list of '*.xls' files of the current directory in the form "DBI:Excel:xl_dir=$dirname". If you want to read the subdirectories of another directory, use my($hDr) = DBI->install_driver("Excel"); my(@list) = $hDr->data_sources( { xl_dir => '/usr/local/xl_data' } ); list_tables This method returns a list of sheet names contained in the $hDb->{file}. Example: my $hDb = DBI->connect("DBI:Excel:file=test.xls"); my @list = $hDb->func('list_tables'); TODO
More tests First of all... Type and Format The current version not support date/time and text formating. Joins The current version of the module works with single table SELECT's only, although the basic design of the SQL::Statement module allows joins and the likes. KNOWN BUGS
o There are too many TODO things. So I can't determind what is BUG. :-) AUTHOR
Kawai Takanori (Hippo2000) kwitknr@cpan.org Homepage: http://member.nifty.ne.jp/hippo2000/ (Japanese) http://member.nifty.ne.jp/hippo2000/index_e.htm (English) Wiki: http://www.hippo2000.net/cgi-bin/KbWiki/KbWiki.pl (Japanese) http://www.hippo2000.net/cgi-bin/KbWikiE/KbWiki.pl (English) SEE ALSO
DBI, Spreadsheet::WriteExcel, Spreadsheet::ParseExcel, SQL::Statement COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001 KAWAI,Takanori All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-01 Excel(3pm)