Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getopts how to handle missing '-' in command line args. Post 302853975 by gencon on Monday 16th of September 2013 12:43:31 PM
Old 09-16-2013
That is a very good point. Smilie I didn't think about that as the script does not take a filename as input. Oops.

I suppose that after the getopts loop has finished I could loop through the args shifting off valid args and then see if anything is left behind at the end.

Thanks Corona.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

required command line args

Hello, How do I make a command line argument required using getopts? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
6 Replies

2. Programming

Command line args

My program usage takes the form for example; $ theApp 2 "one or more words" i.e. 3 command line arguments; application name, an integer, some text My code includes the following 4 lines: int anInteger; char words; sscanf(argv, "%d", &anInteger); sscanf(argv, "%s", &message); Based... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line args

I am trying to print command line arguments one per second. I have this while do echo "6" shift echo "5" shift echo "4" shift echo "3" shift echo "2" shift echo "1" shift done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooly5
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line args 2

I have this while loop and at the end I am trying to get it to tell me the last argument I entered. And with it like this all I get is the sentence with no value for $1. Now I tried moving done after the sentence and it printed the value of $1 after every number. I don't want that I just want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooly5
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve command line args one by on.

Hi, I have to store all the command line arguments into an array. I have the following code. ********************** #! /bin/sh set -A arr_no_updates i=1 while do arr_no_updates=$($i) echo ${arr_no_updates} i=$(($i+1)) done**************** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
1 Replies

6. Programming

how to handle SQL exceptions to call script having args via java ?

Hi, i want to call shell script via java + in that shell script i m doing some sql operation by connecting to sqlplus . i want to return 0 if successful exeution of SQL operations else 1 ; is it possible ? #!/bin/sh Name=$1; export ORACLE_HOME $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a function all command line args?

I have this code, I thought it would automatically know the args sent to script when called from shell. But it seems to not see any... main script: . args . errors . opt . clean dbfile="" opfile="" # calls function in script below chkarg #check commands (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gcampton
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line args in unix

Hi, i have a perl script named test.pl. It is executed as cat *.log|test.pl i need the complete command line args. I tried using basename $0 but im getting test.pl only but not cat *.log... Can anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Cut | command line args

Hi, Can you please hint me how to achieve the below? Input: $./script.sh start 1 2 Internally inside the script i want to set a single variable with $2 and $3 value? Output: CMD=$1 ARGS=$2 $3 --VInodh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Question about getopts optional argument [args...]

There are many places where I can see the syntax description for optargs, which, usually boils down to this: getopts OPTSTRING VARNAME where: OPTSTRING tells getopts which options to expect and where to expect arguments VARNAME tells getopts which shell-variable to use for option reporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharkura
2 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)