Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to find a file created in UNIX every monday.??? Post 302844038 by joeyg on Friday 16th of August 2013 07:38:13 AM
Old 08-16-2013
What have you tried?

While we recognize users have all different abilities, you have not supplied anything as far as what you have tried nor any specifics.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to get the file which created the error when the find command was run

I want to get the file which created the error when the find command was run ? I am wrote a script to mail a list of files whose file size is ge than 0 and returns 0 but wen it finds a folder with only empty files it exits as 1. i need to modify it so that the return for this is also 0 (but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guhas
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find created date of file in UNIX

I need to write a script which has to list all the files which are created before six months from now. kindly help on this ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find unix file created how many days ago?

i want to find unix file created how many days ago? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find first created file date in YYYYMMDD format

Hi All, We are copying all the files into ARCHIVE directory after we process them. We are doing this process from last 2 years, now we have a lot of files in ARCHIVE directory. Now I need to find when the first file is copied into this directory? If I Issue, ls -l /ARCHIVE/*.* | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out when a file was created?

Hi All I use solaris 9 and just realised my opt volume has grown to 99%. How can I find out which file was created on the opt volume for it to have grown to 99%? Which command should I use since I can't go through each individual file to look at the date the files were created. Regard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the file created on current date

Hi All, I'm trying to find a file which is created on current day.... I searched in unix.com and i found, below command. find /land/ -mtime -1 -type f -print | grep "FF_Member_STG.dat" The command checks if the file with name "FF_Member_STG.dat" is created today then exit else proceed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How I can find the last file created and move it to a directory?

I have this situation /u03/app/banjobs> ls -ltr icg* 82 Jun 12 10:37 iicgorldi_2419186.log 56810484 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.xml 2859 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.lis - 125 Jun 17 10:35 icgorldi_2421592.log 82 Jun 12 10:37 iicgorldi_2419187.log ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bernardo Jarami
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find second and fourth Monday of the month?

Hi, I have came across the scenario where, we have to run the script on second and fourth Monday of each month. I have tried to search man page of date and also forum for it but, could not get any answer to this. Can you please advise how can we get second and fourth Monday of the month? ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
18 Replies

9. AIX

To find the user who has created the file

Hi On our AIX 7.1 server we have a file named /content/development/system.tar with ownership as root. Many people on our Unix team has sudo access and they will be able to sudo to root user. We want to which particular user has actually created this file. Is it possible to find that ? Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies
RENICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 RENICE(8)

NAME
renice -- alter priority of running processes SYNOPSIS
renice priority [[-p] pid ...] [[-g] pgrp ...] [[-u] user ...] DESCRIPTION
Renice alters the scheduling priority of one or more running processes. The following who parameters are interpreted as process ID's, process group ID's, or user names. Renice'ing a process group causes all processes in the process group to have their scheduling priority altered. Renice'ing a user causes all processes owned by the user to have their scheduling priority altered. By default, the processes to be affected are specified by their process ID's. Options supported by renice: -g Force who parameters to be interpreted as process group ID's. -u Force the who parameters to be interpreted as user names. -p Resets the who interpretation to be (the default) process ID's. For example, renice +1 987 -u daemon root -p 32 would change the priority of process ID's 987 and 32, and all processes owned by users daemon and root. Users other than the super-user may only alter the priority of processes they own, and can only monotonically increase their ``nice value'' within the range 0 to PRIO_MAX (20). (This prevents overriding administrative fiats.) The super-user may alter the priority of any process and set the priority to any value in the range PRIO_MIN (-20) to PRIO_MAX. Useful priorities are: 20 (the affected processes will run only when nothing else in the system wants to), 0 (the ``base'' scheduling priority), anything negative (to make things go very fast). FILES
/etc/passwd to map user names to user ID's SEE ALSO
getpriority(2), setpriority(2) BUGS
Non super-users can not increase scheduling priorities of their own processes, even if they were the ones that decreased the priorities in the first place. The Linux kernel (at least version 2.0.0) and linux libc (at least version 5.2.18) does not agree entierly on what the specifics of the sys- temcall interface to set nice values is. Thus causes renice to report bogus previous nice values. HISTORY
The renice command appeared in 4.0BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution June 9, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution