Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to copy files from remote server to local? Post 302835015 by parpaa on Sunday 21st of July 2013 10:45:49 AM
Old 07-21-2013
How to copy files from remote server to local?

I am not sure if you have understood my complete requirement here?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy files from local computer to server

hi, im a newbie using unix. My local computer OS is Windows XP while server is using Unix. May i know how to transfer file from local computer to server? i do not know the commands. Thanks. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from a remote server to local system with cygwin

Hi. I'm sorry if I get on people's nerves asking this, but I don't really understand how to do this and unfortunately don't have the time to work through it step by step in books, etc. At University, we have a unix server that hosts our files. we each have a login and password to access it. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from remote server

Hi Friends, Could you please help me as per my requirement mentioned below ? I have to copy files from one unix server to another unix server, and the files that i need to copy from the remote server are only those which are modified/created Today from abc directory on the remote server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramask
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare zip files from a local to remote server

Good evening I need your help pease I know there are 2 commands(diff, or cp) to compare files in a directory. but the question arises: 1. can i compare zip files or ive got to unzip them? 2. how can i compare 2 files from a local to a remote server? (is there any special commad or ive got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
UNW_STEP(3)						       Programming Library						       UNW_STEP(3)

NAME
unw_step -- advance to next stack frame SYNOPSIS
#include <libunwind.h> int unw_step(unw_cursor_t *cp); DESCRIPTION
The unw_step() routine advances the unwind cursor cp to the next older, less deeply nested stack frame. RETURN VALUE
On successful completion, unw_step() returns a positive value if the updated cursor refers to a valid stack frame, or 0 if the previous stack frame was the last frame in the chain. On error, the negative value of one of the error-codes below is returned. THREAD AND SIGNAL SAFETY
unw_step() is thread-safe. If cursor cp is in the local address-space, this routine is also safe to use from a signal handler. ERRORS
UNW_EUNSPEC An unspecified error occurred. UNW_ENOINFO Libunwind was unable to locate the unwind-info needed to complete the operation. UNW_EBADVERSION The unwind-info needed to complete the operation has a version or a format that is not understood by libunwind. UNW_EINVALIDIP The instruction-pointer (``program-counter'') of the next stack frame is invalid (e.g., not properly aligned). UNW_EBADFRAME The next stack frame is invalid. UNW_ESTOPUNWIND Returned if a call to find_proc_info() returned -UNW_ESTOPUNWIND. In addition, unw_step() may return any error returned by the find_proc_info(), get_dyn_info_list_addr(), access_mem(), access_reg(), or access_fpreg() call-backs (see unw_create_addr_space(3)). SEE ALSO
libunwind(3), unw_create_addr_space(3) AUTHOR
David Mosberger-Tang Email: dmosberger@gmail.com WWW: http://www.nongnu.org/libunwind/. Programming Library 16 August 2007 UNW_STEP(3)