Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development PHP installation on Ubuntu 12.04 Post 302827641 by Akshay Hegde on Sunday 30th of June 2013 05:10:30 AM
Old 06-30-2013
PHP installation on Ubuntu 12.04

Dear all

I am new to php, I have already running tomcat web server on port 80, following are the details of tomcat

/usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat

whether it is possible to install and configure php without using sudo apt-get install php5 ???

please someone guide me to start php

Last edited by Akshay Hegde; 06-30-2013 at 06:50 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris installation with Ubuntu and XP there..

Hi, i have for this moment Ubuntu 8.04 and XP SP2 and of course the grub loader for starting them. I donwloaded Solaris 10.5 and intend to install it but i want to know if it will rewrite the grub loader i use now (and if, it will detect all OS?) or just append the new Solaris - any case would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cosmin B
11 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Sybase Installation on Ubuntu

Hi, Can any one please suggest me which version of Sybase 15.x I need to dowload for installing on my laptop(Dell Inspiron 1525) having Ubuntu8.1? Thanks & Regards, Siba Sankar Nayak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Globus 5.0.0 installation error in ubuntu 9.1

I am installing globus toolkit 5 on ubuntu, i am getting error regarding openssl build. Unable to build Openssl. I am giving the whole installer.log file below. globus@naveen-laptop:~/gt4.0.6-all-source-installer$ make | tee istaller.log /usr/local/globus//sbin/gpt-build ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveencse
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Open Solaris Installation on XP and Ubuntu

I have installed windows XP and Ubuntu 8.10 in my PC. Now I need to install Solaris 10. I have planned to install it in a separate partition. I don't know whether the installation affect my existing OSs anyway (such as deleting the current GRUB loader). I would be very greateful if anyone reply. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtual-Friend
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Ubuntu server 12.04 installation

hello, i have been try installing Ubuntu server 12.04 and receiving a message: no network interface card detected. can someone help me to locate where my interface card is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naghazky
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation problem in Ubuntu

ins this a common problem , whenever i try installing a new package or software i usually get this failure msg: Setting up dsc-statistics-collector (201203250530-1) ... Adding system user Warning: The home dir /home/Debian-dsc-statistics you specified already exists. The system user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toshanshu
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Problems with Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bugs in my new Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
7 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_tomcat - Manages a Tomcat servlet environment instance SYNOPSIS
tomcat [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for tomcat. It manages a Tomcat instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
tomcat_name The name of the resource (optional, string, no default) script_log A destination of the log of this script (optional, string, no default) tomcat_stop_timeout Time-out at the time of the stop (optional, integer, no default) tomcat_suspend_trialcount The re-try number of times awaiting a stop (optional, integer, no default) tomcat_user A user name to start a resource (optional, string, no default) statusurl URL for state confirmation (optional, string, no default) java_home Home directory of the Java (required, string, no default) catalina_home Home directory of Tomcat (required, string, no default) catalina_pid A PID file name of Tomcat (optional, string, no default) tomcat_start_opts Tomcat start options (optional, string, no default) catalina_opts Catalina options (optional, string, no default) catalina_rotate_log Rotate catalina.out flag (optional, string, no default) catalina_rotatetime Time span of the rotate catalina.out (optional, integer, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120s. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. Suggested interval: 10s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a tomcat resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_tomcat ocf:heartbeat:tomcat params java_home=string catalina_home=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30s" interval="10s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/tomcat_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7)