Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How can someone hack into a Linux server ? Post 302827613 by Just Ice on Sunday 30th of June 2013 01:05:19 AM
Old 06-30-2013
some go in with a smile and a hello ... really ... you also have to be careful with internal hackers who have access -- you have heard of snowden and manning, right?

also, see if you can have users use SFTP instead of FTP ... turn off all unnecessary services and remove all compilers ... run the security scans as well as the hardening tools regularly if possible ...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hack CPU Utilization

Hi friends, I am currently working on an issue where i should write a program which utilizes Cpu as specified by the user. The function should be provided with an argument ( how much percentage of CPU has to be utilized by the process ) for example CPU(75) should utilize 75% of CPU. The function... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdychandru
11 Replies

2. Solaris

tty hack

hi all, what i want to do when user open terminal like tty5 and do his work i want to see his terminal how can i do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

how to hack linux driver to delay incoming packets

hello, can anyone suggest how to delay the incoming packets ?? or how the packets are prossed inside the kernal and a way to make the packets wait a while?? it wud be vry helpful regards sameer (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer kulkarni
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

Hack a centos Linux box

HI, I have a Centos linux box and there is interface connect to internet. I stop the iptables in this box . After a few day , I find the linux box have been hacked and install some perl script into the box . Could anyone tell me how the hacker can login into the centos box without knowing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure the AD Window server with Linux server(google Authenticator is installed)

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies
CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)			     curl_easy_setopt options				CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS - create missing dirs for FTP and SFTP SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> typedef enum { CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_NONE, CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR, CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_RETRY } curl_ftpcreatedir; CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS, long create); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long telling libcurl to create the dir. If the value is CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR (1), libcurl will attempt to create any remote directory that it fails to "move" into. For FTP requests, that means a CWD command fails. CWD being the command that changes working directory. For SFTP requests, libcurl will attempt to create the remote directory if it can't obtain a handle to the target-location. The creation will fail if a file of the same name as the directory to create already exists or lack of permissions prevents creation. Setting create to CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_RETRY (2), tells libcurl to retry the CWD command again if the subsequent MKD command fails. This is especially useful if you're doing many simultaneous connections against the same server and they all have this option enabled, as then CWD may first fail but then another connection does MKD before this connection and thus MKD fails but trying CWD works! DEFAULT
CURLFTP_CREATE_DIR_NONE (0) PROTOCOLS
FTP and SFTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.10.7. SFTP support added in 7.16.3. The retry option was added in 7.19.4. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if the create value is not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD(3), CURLOPT_FTP_USE_EPSV(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_FTP_CREATE_MISSING_DIRS(3)