Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User account
Operating Systems HP-UX User account Post 302823959 by vbe on Thursday 20th of June 2013 04:17:50 AM
Old 06-20-2013
We would need to know a bit more on your architecture, (paltform, OS and version, using shadow? ot TCB?) and the context
Quote:
Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise.
What was the audit doing?
I saw cases (audit...) with active intrusion attempts, resulting in some users account to be disabled...
So you would have to explain what is the claim... ( and kind of disablement...)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creatin user account

hi all, i m tryin to create a new account on the unix work station. do i use 'useradd' command? can u guyz advice on the usage of 'useradd' command as it can comes with 'useradd -D' or 'useradd -e' thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: damian
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all user account

I have a question about show all create user account. What commend do that thank`s for your help :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can distingiush user account

example root::0:3::/:/sbin/sh daemon:*:1:5::/:/sbin/sh bin:*:2:2::/usr/bin:/sbin/sh sys:*:3:3::/: adm:*:4:4::/var/adm:/sbin/sh uucp:*:5:3::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico lp:*:9:7::/var/spool/lp:/sbin/sh nuucp:*:11:11::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suspend a user account?

Hi, guys. I have two questions: I need to write a script, which can show all the non-suspended users on system, and suspend the selected user account. There are two things I am not sure: 1. How can I suspend user's account? What I think is: add a string to the encrypted password in shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

8. AIX

user account priviledges

Hi Admins, As per my knowledge there are two types of user accounts in unix. root and normal users. If there are any user types for which we can give some priviledges..? Actually i want to restrict root access and create new accounts for admins with some of the priviledges. Please let me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies
AUDIT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  AUDIT(8)

NAME
audit -- audit management utility SYNOPSIS
audit -e | -i | -n | -s | -t DESCRIPTION
The audit utility controls the state of the audit system. One of the following flags is required as an argument to audit: -e Forces the audit system to immediately remove audit log files that meet the expiration criteria specified in the audit control file without doing a log rotation. -i Initializes and starts auditing. This option is currently for Mac OS X only and requires auditd(8) to be configured to run under launchd(8). -n Forces the audit system to close the existing audit log file and rotate to a new log file in a location specified in the audit con- trol file. Also, audit log files that meet the expiration criteria specified in the audit control file will be removed. -s Specifies that the audit system should [re]synchronize its configuration from the audit control file. A new log file will be cre- ated. -t Specifies that the audit system should terminate. Log files are closed and renamed to indicate the time of the shutdown. NOTES
The auditd(8) daemon must already be running. Optionally, it can be configured to be started on-demand by launchd(8) (Mac OS X only). The audit utility requires audit administrator privileges for successful operation. FILES
/etc/security/audit_control Audit policy file used to configure the auditing system. SEE ALSO
audit(4), audit_control(5), auditd(8), launchd(8) HISTORY
The OpenBSM implementation was created by McAfee Research, the security division of McAfee Inc., under contract to Apple Computer Inc. in 2004. It was subsequently adopted by the TrustedBSD Project as the foundation for the OpenBSM distribution. AUTHORS
This software was created by McAfee Research, the security research division of McAfee, Inc., under contract to Apple Computer Inc. Addi- tional authors include Wayne Salamon, Robert Watson, and SPARTA Inc. The Basic Security Module (BSM) interface to audit records and audit event stream format were defined by Sun Microsystems. BSD
January 29, 2009 BSD