Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Python...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Python... Post 302821921 by wisecracker on Sunday 16th of June 2013 05:14:26 AM
Old 06-16-2013
Hi bakunin...

Thanks a lot for that, I will research the POSIX spec' in as much depth as the online WWW documentation allows.

I had no idea that the transient command structure was dynamic and that there is a minimal requirement.

I assumed, (bad move on my part), Perl was, as all the, (_consumer_), Linux installs I have seen have it.

Thanks again...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python

I have written a small practice Python script to determine the prime numbers between 2-10, for practice. Although I have pored over this script numurous times, I have not found the problem. The problem is: Python will not print "is a prime" when a number is a prime. After examining the code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is python?

I heard that its a new programming language but ill like to get a deeper explaination of it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
1 Replies

3. Programming

Python: bash-shell-like less functionality in the python shell

Hello, Is there some type of functional way to read things in the Python shell interpreter similar to less or more in the bash (and other) command line shells? Example: >>> import subprocess >>> help(subprocess) ... ... I'm hoping so as I hate scrolling and love how less works with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Python 3.1 vs 2.6?

i just found python 3.1 in the Ubuntu Software Center today... yes i know, i've probably been under a rock... but my question is, would installing 3.1 cause any conflicts with the 2.6 installation in terms of retro compatibility with python based apps? i don't know if 3.1 is supposed to replace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sterist
0 Replies

5. Programming

Help with Python. Please and thanks.

Hi everybody, I've been experimenting with Python lately and for the most part it's been a smooth ride. I have one little problem that maybe one of you can help me with. PROBLEM: I have list with one word per line. EXAMPLE apples oranges pears grapes etc... I also have a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
2 Replies

6. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
ERIC4_API(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ERIC4_API(1)

NAME
eric4_api - eric4 API generator SYNOPSIS
eric4_api [options] files... where files can be be either Python modules, package directories or ordinary directories. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the eric4_api command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. eric4_api scans Python source code to generate API descriptions files which are used to as tooltips and autocompletion suggestions by the QScintilla editor widget in eric4. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -b name or --base name Use the given name as the name of the base package. -h or --help Show this help and exit. -o filename or --output=filename Write the API information to the named file. A '%L' placeholder is replaced by the language of the API file (see --language). --oldstyle Generate API files for QScintilla prior to 1.7. -p or --private Include private methods and functions. -R, -r or --recursive Perform a recursive search for Python files. -t ext or --extension = ext Add the given extension to the list of file extensions. This option may be given multiple times. -V or --version Show version information and exit. -x directory or --exclude=directory Specify a directory basename to be excluded. This option may be repeated multiple times. --exclude-file=pattern Specify a filename pattern of files to be excluded. This option may be repeated multiple times. -l language or --language=language Generate an API file for the given programming language. Supported programming languages are: * Python * Python3 * Ruby The default is 'Python'. This option may be repeated multiple times. SEE ALSO
eric4(1), eric4_compare(1), eric4_configure(1), eric4_diff(1), eric4_doc(1), eric4_editor(1), eric4_helpviewer(1), eric4_iconeditor(1), eric4_plugininstall(1), eric4_pluginrepository(1), eric4_pluginuninstall(1), eric4_qregexp(1), eric4_re(1), eric4_sqlbrowser(1), eric4_tray(1), eric4_trpreviewer(1), eric4_uipreviewer(1), eric4_unittest(1), eric4_webbrowser(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Torsten Marek <shlomme@gmx.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). January 31, 2010 ERIC4_API(1)