Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Command to check java file in UNIX Post 302821311 by DGPickett on Friday 14th of June 2013 11:12:05 AM
Old 06-14-2013
Code:
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0.15"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0.15-jinteg_20_jul_2012_02_27-b00)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.8-b03-jre1.6.0.15-rc1b1 PA2.0 (aCC_AP), mixed mode)
$ which java
<my_home>/local/jre/bin/java
$

You may need to search for the java executable and put its directory in your PATH. The file java is a starter executable that sets up the environment and selects the right final JAVA executable, as I recall.
Code:
$ find local/jre -name java | xargs file  
local/jre/bin/java:     PA-RISC2.0 executable dynamically linked -not stripped
local/jre/bin/PA_RISC2.0/java:  PA-RISC2.0 executable dynamically linked -not stripped
local/jre/bin/PA_RISC2.0W/java: ELF-64 executable object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64)

If it is missing, go to the HP binary archive and geta copy. https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/sw...r=HPUXJAVAHOME You can untar it somewhere under your home dir if you are not a root guy.

Last edited by DGPickett; 06-14-2013 at 12:17 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java program calling a UNIX command

I was wondering if it was possible to call a unix command directly from a Java program during run-time. This command could very very basic e.g. "ps -ef" returned as a string, all I need is a starting place so if anyone has any suggestion or examples I would be very grateful (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: QUartz Ite
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing UNIX command from java on NT

Hi - I am totally new to UNIX so please bear with me... I run a java program on Win NT server to do file ftp to UNIX server. I log in, cd, create ftp file on UNIX and quit from my java progam - all works well. Now I want to execute a script on UNIX. At the UNIX 'console'/'shell' (!?) you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CJ Walt
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute command unix with java:possible or not?

hi everybody, i have a small unix script and i want to use it with java, so how can i executte unix command with java (if it is possible): in fact i want to use some values returned by this script with java swings. is it possible (of course everything is possible) but how can i do? thank you in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

empty space in java command through unix

I need to pass an empty space in the command ="java ......... " as one of the arguments where java calls some java command.... (It accepts it in windows as " ") Thanks in advance SD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
2 Replies

5. Programming

execute unix command from java eclips

Hi all, I tried to execute the command by 2 ways : 1) Java Runtime class exec method - but the problem there is that it only can execute scripts without arguments(I need with args) 2) the Jtux classs Uprocess- the problem it is not supported by windows and my eclips platform is on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: katzs500
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to check the user's permission in UNIX ??

Hi, What is the command to check the user's permission in UNIX ? e.g: user in UNIX is "myuser" The result should be number format. e.g: 755, 644, etc... Thanks.. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

running unix command from java

Hi All, I have been struggling for a week trying to run a unix command from my java program. the unix command is = ssh dmdev3@tsapid01-zt3d01 ':> /t3/envs/dmdev3/test/file_list.txt' when i try to run this command directly on my unix console, it works perfectly. but when i try it form my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_sharan
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running unix command from java

Hi All, I have been struggling for a week trying to run a unix command from my java program. the unix command is: ssh dmdev3@tsapid01-zt3d01 ':> /t3/envs/dmdev3/test/file_list.txt' when i try to run this command directly on my unix console, it works perfectly. but when i try it form... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_sharan
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to check if file name ends with .tar OR if the file is a tar file

Hello Team, Would you please help me with a UNIX command that would check if file is a tar file. if we dont have that , can you help me with UNIX command that would check if file ends with .tar Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
10 Replies
AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)					      General Commands Manual						AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)

NAME
airport-linkmon - Wireless link quality monitor for the original Apple AirPort Base Station ("Graphite") and the Lucent RG-1000 base sta- tion SYNOPSIS
airport-linkmon DESCRIPTION
airport-linkmon allows you to measure the signal strength and noise on the wireless links between your base station and its associated wireless hosts. OPTIONS
airport-linkmon accepts no command-line options. airport-linkmon is a wrapper script around the LinkMonitor.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport-linkmon was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)