Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions Post 302790343 by upvan111 on Friday 5th of April 2013 07:40:39 AM
Old 04-05-2013
Re:RudiC ,fpmurphy

yes, i have made .iso available as a CD/DVD drive to virtual machine.
and i have installed the right version(4.1.2) of Virtualbox Guest Additions .

how can this bug be removed??

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Instaling JVM

Hi Everyone I`ve just started with unix can some please help me execute this command via webmin on avirtual server or how do you execute such .bin file this is the error ./j2sdk-1_3_1_15-linux-i586.bin: not found > ls -l total 69124 -rw------- 1 root wheel 8380 May 15 18:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Carlos MC05
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem Instaling Solaris

hi I was trying to install Solaris on my PC. when i selected Auto Ejaection of cd & auto reboot.....then it displayed that u will need to manually eject current disk, & Select an appropriate boot media to avoid installation process again.. then after selecting appropriate options, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem in instaling package SUNWman

Hi All, I am trying to install the package from CD rom and i am unable to do. i have located the package in CD and its there however when i am trying to run pkgadd -d /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc_5/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman i am getting error pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

additions

Hi I have a decimal number and want to add to 1 to Firstnumber ,2 to 2nd number .Please any one help I/p 10000.0000 20000.00 Expecting o/p 10001.000 200002.00 Regards, Akil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't open VirtualBox from Tera Term X11 error

Telnet into Solairs10 with Tera term. Go to sub /opt/VirtualBox and type # VirtualBox Failed to open the X11 display! How do I open X11 display? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
17 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Virtualbox guest as a firewall for lUbuntu host

Using virtualbox, I am trying to use Alpine linux (guest) as a firewall for my lubuntu (host). My physical network card (NIC) is eth0. ISP WAN -> Alpine linux (guest) -> lubuntu (host) LAN I am trying to get the ip from my ISP DHCP server but I had no success. I know that in virtualbox I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrickySecurity
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Oracle VirtualBox Guest Additions installation help

Good day I recently attempted to to install Vbox Guest additions on CentOS 7.(Running on Windows 7 ) The packages downloaded fine . However when attempting to run the installer on CentOS 7 for vboxadditions_5.1.28_117968 , I received an error message written to ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrRobot
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line additions

Evening: For quite some time I've searched for the correct procedure(S) to get LM 18.3X "live" (usb pendrive) to recognize/accept a casper-rw partiton. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do; https://www.unix.com/usbubuntu.wordpress.com/make-it-persistent/ ...only with LM 18. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
0 Replies
virt-clone(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    virt-clone(1M)

NAME
virt-clone - clone virtual machine images SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/virt-clone [option] DESCRIPTION
The virt-clone utility is a command line tool for cloning existing virtual machine images. virt-clone copies disk images of an existing virtual machine and defines a new guest with an identical virtual hardware configuration. Elements that require uniqueness are updated to avoid a clash between old and new guests. With appropriate command-line arguments, virt-clone can run completely unattended, with the guest automatically starting itself as well. This allows for easy automation of guest installs. If you do not specify options to virt-clone, the command runs interactively, prompting for input as required. To run virt-clone, you must become superuser or assume the Primary Administrator role. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --connect=URI Connect to the hypervisor at URI. -d, --debug Display debugging information when running the install process. -f disk_image, --file=disk_image Path to the file, disk partition, or logical volume to use as the backing store for the guest's virtual disk. If the original guest has multiple disks, this parameter must be repeated multiple times, once per disk in the original virtual machine. -h, --help Display the help message and exit. -m mac_addr, --mac=mac_addr Fixed MAC address for the guest. If the keyword random is specified, a random address will be used. -n name, --name=name Name of the new guest virtual machine instance. This must be unique among all guests known to the hypervisor on this machine, including those not currently active. To redefine an existing guest, use the virsh(1M) tool to shut it down and delete it prior to running virt- clone. This parameter will be prompted for if omitted on the command line. -o original_guest, -original=original_guest Name or UUID for the original guest to be cloned. This guest must be shut down since it is not possible to safely clone active guests. -u UUID, -uuid=UUID UUID for the guest; if none is specified, a random UUID is generated. If you specify UUID, use a 32-digit hexadecimal number. Keep in mind that UUIDs are intended to be unique across the entire data center, and indeed, the world. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Cloning a Guest with a Single Disk The following command clones a guest named demo, which has a single disk to copy. # virt-clone --original demo --name newdemo --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdemo.img Example 2 Cloning a Guest with Multiple Disks The following command clones a guest named demo, with has multiple disks to copy. # virt-clone --original demo --name newdemo --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdemo.img --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdata.img Example 3 Cloning to a Device with Comparable Disk Space The following command clones a guest to a physical device that has at least as much disk space as had the original guest. . If the destina- tion device is has more space, the new guest can do a file system resize when it boots. # virt-clone --name demo --file /dev/HostVG/DemoVM --mac 00:16:3e:34:11:54 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxvmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
virsh(1M), virt-install(1M), xm(1M), xVM(5), attributes(5), xVM(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Jun 2008 virt-clone(1M)