Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New bee in the market.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New bee in the market. Post 302786351 by jimmy666 on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 09:39:23 AM
Old 03-27-2013
well ,i'm looking in the field of system administartion .But being a fresher i'm not keeping any high hopes ,so anything from the ground level i'm ready to take .I completed my computer engineering last year ,after that i've taken few unix classes ,so i wont say i'm aware of every commands and its flags but yea i understand the basic working of a unix system ,how flags affects the working of a command ,how we can setup a series of simple command chained through pipes in order to make a comlex command and file redirection.
what else i should know to cover up whole fundamentals of unix ,as far as i've researched to get into system administration you need to start from system monitoring , is it true , please shed some light Alister.
your replies're much appreciated .

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question on the unix market

Does anyone have an idea of what the installed base of UNIX servers is? I'm especially interested in UNIX email servers. If anyone knows where I can go to get this sort of information, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tshore
1 Replies

2. AIX

How big is the AIX market?

Does anyone have any info on the actual size of the global AIX market is in terms of physical machines (RS/6000, pSeries, System p, IBMp)? Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elias
8 Replies
uadmin(1M)																uadmin(1M)

NAME
uadmin - administrative control SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/uadmin cmd fcn [mdep] /sbin/uadmin cmd fcn [mdep] The uadmin command provides control for basic administrative functions. This command is tightly coupled to the system administration proce- dures and is not intended for general use. It may be invoked only by the super-user. Both the cmd (command) and fcn (function) arguments are converted to integers and passed to the uadmin system call. The optional mdep (machine dependent) argument is only available for the cmd values of 1 (A_REBOOT), 2 (A_SHUTDOWN), or 5 (A_DUMP). For any other cmd value, no mdep command-line argument is allowed. When passing an mdep value that contains whitespaces, the string must be grouped together as a single argument enclosed within quotes, for example: uadmin 1 1 "-s kernel/unix" See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ uadmin(2), attributes(5) On systems, shutting down the system by means of uadmin does not update the boot archive. Avoid using this command after manual editing of files such as /etc/system or driver.conf(4). 11 Apr 2005 uadmin(1M)