Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 GIF files corrupt during unzip Post 302785997 by bitlord on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 04:03:39 PM
Old 03-26-2013
Move the files off the network storage. A place like /tmp is good, but if you are going to go into single user mode to patch then unzip it at / . This is because when you reboot /tmp will be cleared out. I sometime have issue doing stuff from network storage, after I move it I don't have any issues.
This User Gave Thanks to bitlord For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 - SUNWcsr cluster missing/corrupt ?

Hi all I'm currently trying to install OpenSSH on a number of servers and for the most part succeeding. Unfortunately one of the Sun V880 servers is complaining when I try to install the /dev/random (entropy) patch (112438-01) needed for the SSH keys. Error below.... (ignore 'the patch has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brett
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can solaris's Zip/Unzip handle Winzip Version 10.0 Files?

I understand that this version of Winzip allows 129-bit AES encryption and passwords. Can Solaris handle that yet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris agen.exe corrupt ?

Hi. Can anyone offer any help on a corrupt agen.exe. When I try to run agen.exe from shell I get the message "unrecoverable error occurred" I am using a Sun Solaris machine with Solaris 3.6. Where does the agen.exe reside ? If I copy it from another working machine will it work ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzoli
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr corrupt, can get to fsck (solaris)

I have a solaris 5.8 system, it wont boot because /usr is corrupt, which means i cannot bring up fsck to run a disk check. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Cannot unzip (Solaris 10)

Hi All, I am not able to unzip the patch bundle which I've download through my Solaris box and getting an error. First time I've faced this. Any help? .. .... ....... drwxr-xr-x 18 root sys 4096 Jul 15 09:37 dev -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1144728 Jul 15 09:58... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command-line tool for .gif files

Hello! I'm searching for a little (as basic as possible) command -line tool for viewing gif animations. I found gThumb and animate (imagemagick), but they both have a little problem... gthumb: no possibility of changing the background when viewing in fullscreen animate: no possibility of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
0 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Original SAN to a New Solaris Server: Corrupt Label

I've seen several posts that are similar to what I'm trying to do but no dice. I have a server (SunFire V215) that went belly up. I've set up a new one. I'm getting a corrupt label: wrong magic number error. Everything I'm seeing says label the drives, but if I do I'm afraid I'll lose the data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnelson
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp to copy only non-corrupt files

I don't know if I am asking this correctly, but I have a hard drive with some bad sectors and it appears that some of the data is corrupt. I am having allot of trouble copying the data to a new drive. The issue is not in copying files, but that the new drive to which files are copied is not acting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)