Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is it possible to create 10GB file in Linux and transferring the file to other remote server Post 302784775 by hanson44 on Saturday 23rd of March 2013 03:59:53 AM
Old 03-23-2013
I would suggest trying rsync for it's convenience. There are doubtless other ways.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I split a 10GB file into 1 GB sizes using my repeating data pattern

I'm not a unix guy so excuses my ignorance... I'm the database ETL guy. I'm trying to be proactive and devise a plan B for a ETL process where I expect a file 10X larger than what I process daily for a recast job. The ETL may handle it but I just don't know. This file may need to be split... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john091
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring file from Windows server...

Hi, I want to transfer html files from windows server to unix server. Those files also have to be assigned proper permissions. Can u people suggest any ideas for this scenario? Regards, http://www.unix.com/images/smilies/thumb.gifSanthosh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Santhosh_Ind
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring files from one linux server into another

Hello , I want to transfer files from one linux server into another , I got it working using SCP command , but I have to type in password for each and every file . All the remote severs have the same password , so is there a way that I can transfer all these files by typing my password only once ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to split 10GB file into small Sizes

Hi Team I have one 10 Gb log file I want to split it into say 10 of 1-1Gb file pls share ur experiences how to do this? Thanks in advance, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zimmyyash
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring a file from one UNIX server to another

Hi, Is there a way to transfer a file from one unix server from another without entering the login credentials. I know scp and other commands but it prompts the username/password. However in my script i have a file, who i need to send to another unix server where the content of that file will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file in remote server from local server?

hi, can anyone tell me how can i store the names of a file that are in remote server to a file and then get the file that contains the name in local server? there is a remote server where 5 files are present , say a.txt b.txt c.txt d.txt e.txt i want to write a script in my local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
asadmin-create-instance(1AS)											      asadmin-create-instance(1AS)

y"; "User Commands"

NAME
asadmin-create-instance, create-instance - creates an application server instance with the specified instance name SYNOPSIS
create-instance [--user admin_user] [-password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--sysuser sys_user] [--domain domain_name] [--local=false] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]--instanceport instanceportinstance_name You can create a new instance on a local or remote machine. If on the remote machine an administration server is already running for the specified hostname, then the system defaults to the local hostname. To create the instance locally, not requiring the administration server to be up and running, specify the --local option. The named instance must not exist within that domain. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --sysuser owner of the domain directory. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. --instanceport port where the instance listens for requests. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be created. Example 1: Using create-instance in local mode asadmin> create-instance --domain domain1 --instanceport 8967 --sysuser adminuser server4 Created Instance server4 successfully Where: the server4 instance is created under the domain1 domain. Example 2: Using create-instance in remote mode asadmin> create-instance --sysuser adminuser --user admin --password adminadmin --host localhost --port 4848 --instanceport 8967 server4 Created Instance server4 successfully Where: the server4 instance is created on the remote server for the associated user, password, host, and port. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Application Server instances page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK/refmiscinfo> March 2004 asadmin-create-instance(1AS)