Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Difference between .vimrc and .exrc? Post 302780767 by adisky123 on Friday 15th of March 2013 05:13:03 AM
Old 03-15-2013
Difference between .vimrc and .exrc?

What is the difference between .vimrc and .exrc? I google it but didn't find the brief explanation?

Regards
ADI

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

VIMRC question ????

Hi There, :) I Need to put the following command in the vimrc for the execution of ECLIPSE so I have written smthing like as follows, export PATH=$PATH:/JVM location after this i go to my eclipse folder and when I execute STILL it is not getting opened..... Any Help that makes my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gk_linux
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.exrc is not working

Hi I want to customise my vi environment.So i have created a a .exrc file in my working directory and written all set commands.But when i am invoking vi ,it is not taking any effect of the vi. Can anybody have any idea what is happening Thanks in advance Regds Sas (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasDutta
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT : vi doesn't read my .exrc

I have created some custom commands (using the map macro feature) and have those map commands in my $HOME/.exrc file (I am using bash) Here are the commands, which I have in my $HOME/.exrc map! F /user\.base\.scope^V^Mk4ddF map! L /user\.base\.search^V^Mk4ddL map! V... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
1 Replies

4. Solaris

editing crontab with vim and using .vimrc

Hi since we migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 I do miss a nice feature when editing crontab with vim editor: no more color highlighting after starting to edit. Well there is a hack, see below. I did define: export EDITOR='vim -c ":source /export/home/duc904/.vimrc"' Under Sol8 when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duc904
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vimrc help with line endings

I was reading this and thought I could put this in my vimrc and it would convert the line endings to unix. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something? set ff=unixManaging/Munging Line-Endings with Vi/Vim | Jeet Sukumaran I used this command and it confirms that my global option is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating bashrc and vimrc using scripting

I am trying to write a bash script that will create a .bashrc and .vimrc. I was wondering if anyone would know how to do approach this. Would this work if there was no .bashrc file minus the "stuff" echo "stuff" >> .bashrc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: meredith1990
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vimrc creating tabs instead of spaces

I'm having trouble getting my vimrc to work the way I want it. For some reason after I hit enter it is creating tabs instead of spaces like I would expect. Here is an example of what I am talking about. $ = newline, ^I = tab. On the line of struct EDGETAG* q; I hit enter and it created a tab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quote in vimrc not take as comment

Hi, 1. I'm using tcsh and I use a .gvimrc file which was working fine with my previous ksh shell. But while sourcing, I'm getting messages like 'Unmatched " '. I'm not trying anything fancy but just using " for commenting in the very first line and I see the error is thrown right there. 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishikpillai90
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Exrc file problem

My exrc file contents are set number set -o vi map Q :q! ab inc include set number and set -o vi is working but map and ab is not working can u help me ?? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varun aravinth
1 Replies

10. AIX

Is there virc or exrc for saving vi configuration settings in AIX?

There's no Vim in AIX (6 and 7), but Vi is natively available. I want to save my configuration for Vi like `set nu` to number lines in files. I couldn't find configuration related to Vi in /etc/ or /usr/etc/ folders. Please help me with that. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinggis6
4 Replies
Net::OAuth::Client(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::OAuth::Client(3pm)

NAME
Net::OAuth::Client - OAuth 1.0A Client SYNOPSIS
# Web Server Example (Dancer) # This example is simplified for illustrative purposes, see the complete code in /demo # Note that client_id is the Consumer Key and client_secret is the Consumer Secret use Dancer; use Net::OAuth::Client; sub client { Net::OAuth::Client->new( config->{client_id}, config->{client_secret}, site => 'https://www.google.com/', request_token_path => '/accounts/OAuthGetRequestToken?scope=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm8%2Ffeeds%2F', authorize_path => '/accounts/OAuthAuthorizeToken', access_token_path => '/accounts/OAuthGetAccessToken', callback => uri_for("/auth/google/callback"), session => &session, ); } # Send user to authorize with service provider get '/auth/google' => sub { redirect client->authorize_url; }; # User has returned with token and verifier appended to the URL. get '/auth/google/callback' => sub { # Use the auth code to fetch the access token my $access_token = client->get_access_token(params->{oauth_token}, params->{oauth_verifier}); # Use the access token to fetch a protected resource my $response = $access_token->get('/m8/feeds/contacts/default/full'); # Do something with said resource... if ($response->is_success) { return "Yay, it worked: " . $response->decoded_content; } else { return "Error: " . $response->status_line; } }; dance; DESCRIPTION
Net::OAuth::Client represents an OAuth client or consumer. WARNING: Net::OAuth::Client is alpha code. The rest of Net::OAuth is quite stable but this particular module is new, and is under- documented and under-tested. METHODS
new($client_id, $client_secret, %params) Create a new Client o $client_id AKA Consumer Key - you get this from the service provider when you register your application. o $client_secret AKA Consumer Secret - you get this from the service provider when you register your application. o $params{site} o $params{request_token_path} o $params{authorize_path} o $params{access_token_path} o $params{callback} o $params{session} LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2011 Keith Grennan. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-10 Net::OAuth::Client(3pm)