Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Static route not added
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Static route not added Post 302779947 by parth_buch on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 02:23:32 PM
Old 03-13-2013
Smilie OOOopsss.. I wonder why I didn't notice it!!!

Thanks a lot guys for pointing this out...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

static route ?

Hi, I have a machine that sits on 10.2 network. I need to ssh from this to another box that is on both 10.125 & 10.140 VLANs what should I need to do? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Static route for hpux 11.22

I want to make static route how would I proceed? I'm using "route add DestinationIP gatewayIP hop to 1 I would like to make this permanent, so when it reboots I don't want to loose it, would I do this in netconf file? If so where? I did a search got this site, it didn't help much. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

3. Linux

dhcpd.conf - static route

Hi, I've setup DHCP Server on RH linux AS3 and everything works fine except static routes. They are not getting effected on client systems. My dhcpd.conf: +++++++++++ ddns-update-style interim; ddns-updates off; option domain-name-servers 192.168.116.122; option domain-name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static Route

Hi, Request you to please tell me the command or the process to add the static route in redhat linux. Thanks in Advance. Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

5. AIX

removing static route

#netstat -nr (shows the following with more static routes) 192.168.18.202 10.129.155.1 UGH 0 29 en0 - - and i just want to remove the above one i tried #smitty rmroute destination type= net dest add = 192.168.18.202 default gateway= 10.129.155.1 net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

When to use static route on server?

Hi guys, sorry for asking noob question. When do we really need to add a static route on the server? I encounter this situation whereby a client trigger a network packet to the destination but the destination does not know how to return the traffic back to the client (source). The issue was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
4 Replies

7. AIX

Can not remove static route from AIX 5.3

Dear all, I Try to remove a static route with smitty, but recieve this error: Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chginet): 0514-009 Cannot delete an object from the device configuration database. 0821-216 chginet: Cannot delete route (net,192.168.30.101,192.168.30.1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrkama
2 Replies

8. AIX

Edit Static Route

Anyone know how to edit a static route in AIX? I find myself deleting and then recreating the route with the new information. Would be nice to know how to edit the route. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Static route on router

Hi all, This may be the basic question of Routing but I am a sort of new to networking so I am asking. Do I need to put route for my router's LAN port ip to WAN (serial) port ip Or the router itself can communicate between its ports without routes. lan (172.26.40.5) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help remove the static route

Hi, I am on Linux Redhat 5.3. I added this static route but now I can't seem to take it out. Can you help? netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 167.76.151.28 192.1.25.249 255.255.255.255 UGH 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies
Config::Record(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Config::Record(3pm)

NAME
Config::Record - Configuration file access SYNOPSIS
use Config::Record; # Create an empty record & then load from file my $config = Config::Record->new(); $config->load("/etc/myapp.cfg"); # Create & load, then save to filename my $config = Config::Record->new(file => "/etc/myapp.cfg"); $config->save("/etc/myapp.cfg"); # Load / save from filehandle my $fh = IO::File->new("/etc/myapp.cfg"); my $config = Config::Record->new(file => $fh); $config->save($fh); # Get a config value, throw error if not found my $value = $config->get("foo"); # Get a config value, return 'eek' if not found my $value = $config->get("foo", "eek"); # Set a value $config->set("foobar", "wizz"); # Get a deep config value (ie nested hash) my $value = $config->get("foo/bar", "eek"); # Get first element of an array param my $value = $config->get("people/[0]/forename"); # Get the raw hash reference forming the record my $record = $config->record(); # Get a new config object rooted at a sub-hash my $config = $config->view("foo"); DESCRIPTION
This module provides an API for loading and saving of simple configuration file records. Entries in the configuration file are essentially key,value pairs, with the key and values separated by a single equals symbol. The "key" consists only of alphanumeric characters. There are three types of values, scalar values can contain anything except newlines. Trailing whitespace will be trimmed unless the value is surrounded in double quotes. eg foo = Wizz foo = "Wizz.... " Long lines can be split with a backslash character, without introducing newlines. Without double quotes, whitespace at beginning and end of lines will be trimmed eg foo = This is a long line of text foo = "This is a long " "line of text" Multi-line strings can be provided as 'HERE' documents, eg foo = <<EOF This is a multiple paragraph block of text with newlines preserved EOF Array values consist of a single right round bracket, following by one "value" per line, terminated by a single left round bracket. eg foo = ( Wizz "Wizz... " ) Hash values consist of a single right curly bracket, followed by one key,value pair per line, terminated by a single left curly bracket. eg foo = { one = Wizz two = "Wizz.... " } Arrays and hashes can be nested to arbitrary depth. EXAMPLE
name = Foo title = "Wizz bang wallop" eek = ( OOhh Aahhh Wizz ) people = ( { forename = John surnamne = Doe } { forename = Some surname = One } ) wizz = { foo = "Elk" ooh = "fds" } EXTRA PARSER FEATURES
The syntax described thus far is classed as the base feature set. By passing the "features" parameter when creating an instance of the "Config::Record" class, it is possible to turn on certain extra features QUOTED NON-ALPHANUMERIC KEYS The keys for configuration parameters are normally restricted to only contain the characters 'a-Z', '0-9', '_', '-' and '.'. Sometimes it is desirable to allow arbitrary characters for keys. If this capability is required then the "quotedkeys" parameter can be set. EXAMPLE name = Foo title = "Wizz bang wallop" " some parameter " = ( foo bar } "an embeded " quote" = bar "an embeded \ backslash" = wizz EXTERNAL INCLUDE FILES With large configuration files it can be desirable to split them into a number of smaller files. If this capability is required, then the "includes" feature can be requested. Each included file must follow the syntax rules already described. EXAMPLE In the main file name = Foo title = "Wizz bang wallop" foo = @include(somefile.cfg) And in somefile.cfg firstname = Joe lastname = Blogs Is equivalent to name = Foo title = "Wizz bang wallop" foo = { firstname = Joe lastname = Blogs } METHODS
my $config = Config::Record->new([file => $file], [features => \%features]); Creates a new config object, loading parameters from the file specified by the "file" parameter. The "file" parameter can either be a string representing a fully qualified filename, or a IO::Handle object. If the "file" parameter is a string, this filename will be saved and future calls to "load" or "save" are permitted to omit the filename. If the "file" parameter is not supplied then an empty configuration record is created. The "features" parameter allows extra parser features to be enabled. The two valid keys for the associated hash as "includes" and "quotedkeys" as described earlier in this document. $config->load([$file]); Loads and parses a configuration record. The "file" parameter can either be a string representing a fully qualified filename, or an IO::Handle object. The $file parameter may be omitted, if a filename was specified in the constructor, or in previous calls to "load" or "save". Prior to loading the record, the current contents of this configuration are cleared. $config->save([$file]); Saves the configuration record to a file. The "file" parameter can either be a string representing a fully qualified filename, or an IO::Handle object opened for writing. The $file parameter may be omitted, if a filename was specified in the constructor, or in previous calls to "load" or "save". my $value = $config->get($key[, $default]); Gets the value of a configuration parameter corresponding to the name "key". If there is no value in the record, then the optional "default" is returned. $config->set($key, $value); Sets the value of a configuration parameter corresponding to the name "key". $config->view($key) Return a new Config::Record object, rooted at the specified key. If the key doesn't resolve to a hash reference an error will be raised. my $record = $config->record(); Retrieves a hash reference for the entire configuration record. Currently this is the actual internal storage record, so changes will modify the configuration. In the next release this will be changed to be a deep clone of the internal storage record. BUGS
Config::Record has the following limitations o If you load and then save a configuration file all comments are removed & whitespace normalized. o Ordering of elements in hash ref are not preserved across load and save sequence These limitations may be fixed in a future release if there is demand from users... AUTHORS
Daniel Berrange <dan@berrange.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 Daniel P. Berrange <dan@berrange.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1) perl v5.12.4 2011-10-12 Config::Record(3pm)