Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to override Classpath?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to override Classpath? Post 302777627 by Scrutinizer on Friday 8th of March 2013 07:45:22 AM
Old 03-08-2013
That is not what I asked..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Override

Hi My computer of late started misbehaving. Whenever I switch it on It say Override and then it takes long to boot. Surprising is that it opens excel automatic. What could be that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mulo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set classpath in cron

i have written shell script that script has path to java programwhen irun this script in terminal i get the output but when irun in cron it gives me eror.plz send me code to set classpath #! /bin/bash javac Copy.java /usr/bin/java Copy plz help me out how should i write classpath... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Classpath

This question is realted to UNIX and Java. I sing in to a UNIX server and I want to change my CLASSPATH locally, so it won't affect any other users CLASSPATHS. Is the command 'export PATH=...' the way to do it? Thanks. Duplicate post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rachel Ross
0 Replies

4. Programming

Classpath

This question is realted to UNIX and Java. I sing in to a UNIX server and I want to change my CLASSPATH locally, so it won't affect any other users CLASSPATHS. Is the command 'export PATH=...' the way to do it? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rachel Ross
4 Replies

5. Programming

regarding classpath java

Hi, I have a below command.... $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -cp "/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/lib:/usr/java/javajar/common/sched.jar:/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14_g.jar:/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar" com.abrt.smart.Smart I want to know where the Smart.class is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PRKS
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Servlet CLASSPATH for Apache

Hi All, I'm trying to play around with Java Servlets. I have a apache web server running on Solaris. And I'm trying to understand which file I add the JAVA CLASSPATH too so that when apache starts up it will have access to mysql interface libraries etc. Could some one please tell me? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
0 Replies

7. Programming

set javac classpath

I have several jar files in a specific folder, but I can't get javac to understand it. How do I set the classpath for javac. It is NOT the same classpath as the java command. And it's not enough with one jar file. I have several. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. Programming

Classpath of JAVA

Hello, ABC question as I could not get a direct answer: How to locate the default IO class of JAVA? My question was triggered by the row in most java programimport java.io.* as I am very curious where the io class is located in my Mint14 (Ubuntu12.10). I am aware it is similar to use DBI in PERL,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fedora java classpath

What is the proper way to set your java classpath? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

10. Solaris

CLASSPATH Issue in SunOS

Hi Friends I need to add path to CLASSPATH in weblogic start OS is SunOS dcuatapp04 5.11 11.3 sun4v sparc sun4v I follow instructions given in below link. but even startup log shows the new path it does not load the jar file. how can i fix this Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.3 Developer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
6 Replies
scala(1)							   USER COMMANDS							  scala(1)

NAME
scala - Run code in the Scala 2 language SYNOPSIS
scala [ <option> ]... [ <torun> <argument>... ] PARAMETERS
<compiler-option> Any scalac option. See scalac(1). -howtorun:<how> How to execute <torun>, if it is present. Options for <how> are guess (the default), script, and object. -i Requests that a file be pre-loaded. It is only meaningful for interactive shells. -e Requests that its argument be executed as Scala code. -savecompiled Save this compiled version of scripts in order to speed up later executions of the same script. When running a script, save the compiled version of in a file with the same name as the script but with an extension of .jar. On subsequent runs of the same script, the pre-compiled .jar file will be used if it is newer than the script file. -nocompdaemon Do not use the fsc offline compiler. -D<property=value> Set a Java system property. If no value is specified, then the property is set to the empty string. <torun> A top-level object or a script file to run. <argument> An arguments to pass to <torun>. DESCRIPTION
The scala utility runs Scala code using a Java runtime environment. The Scala code to run is specified in one of three ways: 1. With no arguments specified, a Scala shell starts and reads commands interactively. 2. With -howtorun:object specified, the fully qualified name of a top-level Scala object may be specified. The object should previ- ously have been compiled using scalac(1). 3. With -howtorun:script specified, a file containing Scala code may be specified. If -howtorun: is left as the default (guess), then the scala command will check whether a file of the specified name exists. If it does, then it will treat it as a script file; if it does not, then it will treat it as the name of an object. In all three cases, arbitrary scalac options may be specified. The most common option is to specify a classpath with -classpath, but see the scalac(1) page for full details. If an object is specified to run, then that object must be a top-level Scala object with the specified name. The object must define a method main with the following signature: def main(args: Array[String]): Unit The method must return a Unit value, and it must accept a String array as a parameter. All arguments specified on the command line will be passed as arguments to the main method. If a script file is specified to run, then the file is read and all Scala statements and declarations in the file are processed in order. Any arguments specified will be available via the argsvariable. Script files may have an optional header that is ignored if present. There are two ways to format the header: either beginning with #! and ending with !#, or beginning with ::#! and ending with ::!#. Such a header must have each header boundary start at the beginning of a line. Headers can be used to make stand-alone script files, as shown in the examples below. If scala is run from an sbaz(1) directory, then it will add to its classpath any jars installed in the lib directory of the sbaz directory. Additionally, if no -classpath option is specified, then scala will add ".", the current directory, to the end of the classpath. OPTIONS
If any compiler options are specified, they must be first in the command line and must be followed by a bare hypen ("-") character. If no arguments are specified after the optional compiler arguments, then an interactive Scala shell is started. Otherwise, either a script file is run, or a pre-compiled Scala object is run. It is possible to distinguish the last two cases by using an explicit -object or -script flag, but usually the program can guess correctly. ENVIRONMENT
JAVACMD Specify the java command to be used for running the Scala code. Arguments may be specified as part of the environment variable; spaces, quotation marks, etc., will be passed directly to the shell for expansion. JAVA_HOME Specify JDK/JRE home directory. This directory is used to locate the java command unless JAVACMD variable set. JAVA_OPTS Specify the options to be passed to the java command defined by JAVACMD. With Java 1.5 (or newer) one may for example configure the memory usage of the JVM as follows: JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms16M -Xss16M" With GNU Java one may configure the memory usage of the GIJ as follows: JAVA_OPTS="--mx512m --ms16m" EXAMPLES
Here are some examples of running Scala code: Execute a Scala program generated in the current directory scala hello.HelloWorld Execute a Scala program generated in a user-defined directory classes scala -classpath classes hello.HelloWorld Execute a Scala program using a user-defined java command env JAVACMD=/usr/local/bin/cacao scala -classpath classes hello.HelloWorld Execute a Scala program using JVM options env JAVACMD=java JAVA_OPTS="-Dmsg=hello -enableassertions" scala -classpath classes hello.HelloWorld Here is a complete Scala script for Unix: #!/bin/sh exec scala "$0" "$@" !# Console.println("Hello, world!") argv.toList foreach Console.println Here is a complete Scala script for MS Windows: ::#! @echo off call scala %0 %* goto :eof ::!# Console.println("Hello, world!") argv.toList foreach Console.println If you want to use the compilation cache to speed up multiple executions of the script, then add -savecompiled to the scala command: #!/bin/sh exec scala -savecompiled "$0" "$@" !# Console.println("Hello, world!") argv.toList foreach Console.println EXIT STATUS
The scala command returns a zero exit status if it succeeds. Non zero is returned in case of any error. If a script or top-level object is executed and returns a value, then that return value is passed on to scala. AUTHOR
Written by Martin Odersky and other members of the Scala team. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala. COPYRIGHT
This is open-source software, available to you under a BSD-like license. See accomponying "copyright" or "LICENSE" file for copying condi- tions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
fsc(1), sbaz(1), scalac(1), scaladoc(1), scalap(1) version 0.5 April 18, 2007 scala(1)