Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract a block of text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a block of text Post 302776911 by ctsgnb on Thursday 7th of March 2013 05:27:18 AM
Old 03-07-2013
If you don't provide more clue about the expected format's result, i am afraid people won't be able to help you much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract block in file

I need to extract a particular block from a file whose locations are not known but the only identity is a word. For example in a file I have ABC asdklf asdfk FGH dfdfg asdlfk asdfl ... JHK (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
5 Replies

2. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular text

I executed a following sed command => echo "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" | sed 's/\/*$//g' a/b/c/d/e/f/g Now what if I want to extract "g" from "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" . That is second last string using SED. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract block of data and the error reason too. So so urgent

Hi , this is my first enty in our forum. Problem scenario: Using informatica tool am loding records from source DB to target DB. While loading some records getting rejected due to some reason. Informatica will capture those rejected records in session log file.now the session log ll be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value from a text

Hi all, my problem is extract a value from a text, i mean, I have this text: > ala Nr of active alarms are: 16 ================================================================================================ Sever Specific Problem Cause Mo-Reference... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract selective block from XML file

Hi, There's an xml file produced from a front-end tool as shown below: <INPUT DATABASE ="ORACLE" DBNAME ="UNIX" NAME ="FACT_TABLE" OWNERNAME ="DIPS"> <INPUTFIELD DATATYPE ="double" DEFAULTVALUE ="" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="STORE_KEY" PICTURETEXT ="" PORTTYPE ="INPUT" PRECISION ="15" SCALE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text??

Hello all, I have a large output file from which I would like to extract a single block of text. An example block of text is shown below: ***** EQUILIBRIUM GEOMETRY LOCATED ***** COORDINATES OF ALL ATOMS ARE (ANGS) ATOM CHARGE X Y Z ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Awk] Extract block of with a particular pattern

Hi, I have some CVS log files, which are divided into blocks. Each block has many fields of information and I want to extract those blocks with a pattern. Here is the sample input. RCS file: /cvsroot/eclipse/org.eclipse.debug.core/core/org/eclipse/debug/core/DebugPlugin.java,v head: 1.174... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepk1611
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract block from a file?

I have siebel log file as following EventContext ....... 123 ....... SELECT ... .. EventConext <---- Question 1 , I should get this line 345 ...... SELECT <----- Question 2 , print this line Test..... <----- Question 2 , print this line .... <----- Question 2 , print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping text block by block by using for loop

Hei buddies, Need ur help once again. I have a file which has bunch of lines which starts from a fixed pattern and ends with another fixed pattern. I want to make use of these fixed starting and ending patterns to select the bunch, one at a time. The input file is as follows. Hi welcome... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
12 Replies
Pod::Simple::Debug(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Pod::Simple::Debug(3)

NAME
Pod::Simple::Debug -- put Pod::Simple into trace/debug mode SYNOPSIS
use Pod::Simple::Debug (5); # or some integer Or: my $debuglevel; use Pod::Simple::Debug ($debuglevel, 0); ...some stuff that uses Pod::Simple to do stuff, but which you don't want debug output from... $debug_level = 4; ...some stuff that uses Pod::Simple to do stuff, but which you DO want debug output from... $debug_level = 0; DESCRIPTION
This is an internal module for controlling the debug level (a.k.a. trace level) of Pod::Simple. This is of interest only to Pod::Simple developers. CAVEATS
Note that you should load this module before loading Pod::Simple (or any Pod::Simple-based class). If you try loading Pod::Simple::Debug after &Pod::Simple::DEBUG is already defined, Pod::Simple::Debug will throw a fatal error to the effect that "it's s too late to call Pod::Simple::Debug". Note that the "use Pod::Simple::Debug ($x, somenum)" mode will make Pod::Simple (et al) run rather slower, since &Pod::Simple::DEBUG won't be a constant sub anymore, and so Pod::Simple (et al) won't compile with constant-folding. GUTS
Doing this: use Pod::Simple::Debug (5); # or some integer is basically equivalent to: BEGIN { sub Pod::Simple::DEBUG () {5} } # or some integer use Pod::Simple (); And this: use Pod::Simple::Debug ($debug_level,0); # or some integer is basically equivalent to this: my $debug_level; BEGIN { $debug_level = 0 } BEGIN { sub Pod::Simple::DEBUG () { $debug_level } use Pod::Simple (); SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple The article "Constants in Perl", in The Perl Journal issue 21. See <http://interglacial.com/tpj/21/> SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, <https://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.16.3 2013-05-03 Pod::Simple::Debug(3)