Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SEA configuration
Operating Systems AIX SEA configuration Post 302774511 by bakunin on Saturday 2nd of March 2013 08:17:25 AM
Old 03-02-2013
Just a moment, while i look at your screen to see which command you entered and what else you did.....

hmm, somehow my far-sight is distorted today and my crystal ball is being repaired.

Seriously: it would help to show what you did, not only the error code that resulted in. Could you please give us a complete description of your problem, then we could better help you.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

sea application in SUSE

We are using sea application in SUSE linux 10, we are getting the below problem while launching the SEA Sea is stopped with the message ' sh: /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file' in the log window. Anybody can help me in this issue Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS SEA Creation

Hi Guys, I'm getting the below error while trying to create a SEA adapter in VIOS $ mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

3. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

4. AIX

VIO SEA Adapters

hi guys BTW pretty new to VIO I inherited 2 I BM Power Server - blades PS701 - One is already configured using en8 # lsdev -Cc adapter | grep ent ent0 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent1 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent2 Available 04-20... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
8 Replies

5. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies

6. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies
show(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   show(1)

NAME
show - show (list) messages (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
show [+folder] [msgs] [-draft] [-[no]header] [-help] [-showproc program] [-noshowproc] [options to showproc] OPTIONS
Displays the draft message, or the current message in your +drafts folder, if you have one set up. You cannot give a msgs argument when you use this option. Displays a one-line header before the message. The header consists of the name of the folder and the message number. This is the default behavior. It can be suppressed with the -noheader option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Specifies an alternative program to list messages. The default is to use the program defined by the showproc: entry in the file. You can give options to the showproc program at the command line. These are passed directly to showproc by show. (If you specify an option that has a numerical value, leave no space between the argument and the value. See RESTRICTIONS for more information.) If the -noshowproc option is specified, /bin/cat is used instead of showproc. The MH command mhl can be used as a showproc to show messages in a more uniform format. See mhl(1) for more details. If you are going to use the same showproc all the time, it is advisable to specify it in your file. See mh_profile(4) for more details. The defaults for this command are as follows: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to the current message -header DESCRIPTION
Use show to display the contents of the current message. You can specify alternative messages or folders by using the +folder or msgs argu- ments. If a folder is given, it becomes the current folder. The last message shown becomes the current message. You can specify a number of messages or a range of messages using the msgs argument. If you specify more than one message, show prompts for a <RETURN> prior to listing each message. Typically, the messages are listed exactly as they are, with no reformatting. A program named by the showproc component in the file is invoked to do the listing, and any options not recognized by show are passed along to that program. The default program is more(1). By default, the show command use the more program to list each message, a page at a time. When the end of the page is reached, it waits for a <RETURN> or a space. If you press <RETURN>, show prints the next line. If you press the space bar, it prints the next screen of data. At the end of the message, show automatically returns you to the system prompt. Press q to quit before the end of the message. If the profile entry Unseen-Sequence: is present and non-empty, then show will remove each of the messages shown from the sequences named by the profile entry. RESTRICTIONS
The -header option does not work when msgs expands to more than one message. If the showproc is mhl, then this problem can be circumvented by referencing the messagename field in the mhl format file. The command show updates your mail environment before showing the message. Hence show may mark messages as seen before you actually see them. However, this is generally not a problem, unless you are using the unseen messages mechanism, and you interrupt show while it is showing unseen messages. If you use the showproc switch to specify an alternative viewer, leave no space between the options specified with the viewer and their values. For example, if you want to use the more command to scroll through messages 6 through 10 in your inbox folder, and you want to pause every five lines, you would enter the following command, where there is no space between the option n and the value 5: % show +inbox 6-10 -showproc more -n5 If there is space between the option n and the value 5, the command interprets 5 as a message number to view. If your showprocviewer is mhl, then show uses a built-in mhl: it does not actually run the mhl program. Hence, if you define your own show- proc, do not call it mhl since show will not run it. If more(1) is your showproc (which is the default), then avoid running show in the background with only its standard output piped to another process. You should re-direct the diagnostic output of show as well For example, in the following incorrect example, show will go into a tty input state: % show | print & For users of csh, the correct command is: % show |& print & For users of sh, the correct command is: % show 2>&1 | print & PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory Unseen-Sequence: To name sequences denoting unseen messages showproc: Program to show messages EXAMPLES
In the first example, show displays the contents of message 36 in the current folder: % show 36 In the next example, the pr(1) program is used to list the current message: % show -showproc pr FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
more(1), mhl(1), next(1), pick(1), prev(1), scan(1) show(1)