Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to use read the char * from file? Post 302773583 by Yoda on Thursday 28th of February 2013 09:00:39 AM
Old 02-28-2013
I have answered your other thread
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to get last 10 char from a file name and write in to a new file

i have no idea abount shell script but i need need shell script to get last 10 char from a file name and write in to a new file. consider u hav 5 files in a particular dir i script should get last 10 char of each file n write the 10 char in separate files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj0390
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename file last char

I want to rename the file from below format to ABCDEFCGHF20090112345623.DAT to ABCDEFCGHF20090112345624.DAT the last digit before dot to increment to 1. if it 9 should become 0 How to do this in simple way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

5. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

8. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File command return wrong filetype while file holds group separator char.

hi, I am trying to get the FileType using the File command. I have one file, which holds Group separator along with ASCII character. It's a Text file. But when I ran the File command the FileType is coming as "data". It should be "ASCII, Text file". Is the latest version of File... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arpitak29
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Substitute particular char in a file

I have a file like this. 1 aaa bcd 1 56 xyz 1 2 ccc rrr 1 25 512 1 1 zaz eee 1 55 511 1 I want to change middle 1's ie after bcd,rrr,eee to 0 where as other 1's should not change. Can you please provide a solution . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshari8888
5 Replies
ewfexport							       LOCAL								 ewfexport

NAME
ewfexport -- exports media data stored in EWF files SYNOPSIS
ewfexport [-A codepage] [-B amount_of_bytes] [-c compression_type] [-d digest_type] [-f format] [-l log_filename] [-o offset] [-p process_buffer_size] [-S segment_file_size] [-t target] [-hqsuvVw] ewf_files DESCRIPTION
ewfexport is a utility to export media data stored in EWF files. ewfexport is part of the libewf package. libewf is a library to support the Expert Witness Compression Format (EWF). libewf supports both the SMART format (EWF-S01) and the EnCase format (EWF-E01). libewf currently does not support the Logical Volume format (EWF-L01). EWF-X is an expirimental format intended for testing purposes to enhance the EWF format. libewf allows you to read and write media data in the EWF format. ewf_files the first or the entire set of EWF segment files The options are as follows: -A codepage the codepage of header section, options: ascii (default), windows-874, windows-1250, windows-1251, windows-1252, windows-1253, win- dows-1254, windows-1255, windows-1256, windows-1257, windows-1258 -B amount_of_bytes the amount of bytes to export -c compression_type the compression type, options: none (default), empty-block, fast, best (not used for raw format) -d digest_type calculate additional digest (hash) types besides md5, options: sha1 (not used for raw format) -f format the file format to write to, options: raw (default), ewf, smart, ftk, encase1, encase2, encase3, encase4, encase5, encase6, linen5, linen6, ewfx. -h shows this help -l log_filename logs export errors and the digest (hash) to the log filename -o offset the offset to start the export (default is 0) -p process_buffer_size the process buffer size (default is the chunk size) -s swap byte pairs of the media data (from AB to BA) (use this for big to little endian conversion and vice versa) -S segment_file_size the segment file size in bytes (default is 1.4 GiB) (minimum is 1.0 MiB, maximum is 7.9 EiB for encase6 format and 1.9 GiB for other formats) (not used for raw format) -t target the target file to export to, use - for stdout (default is export) stdout is only supported for the raw format -u unattended mode (disables user interaction) -v verbose output to stderr -V print version -w wipe sectors on CRC error (mimic EnCase like behavior) ENVIRONMENT
None FILES
None EXAMPLES
ewfexport will ask the information it needs. # ewfexport floppy.E01 ewfexport 20090229 (libewf 20090229, libuna 20090124, zlib 1.2.3, libcrypto 0.9.8g, libuuid) Information for export required, please provide the necessary input Export to file format (raw, ewf, smart, ftk, encase1, encase2, encase3, encase4, encase5, encase6, linen5, linen6, ewfx) [raw]: Target path and filename with extension or - for stdout: floppy.raw Start export at offset (0 >= value >= 1474560) [0]: Amount of bytes to export (0 >= value >= 1474560) [1474560]: Export started at: Sat Feb 28 19:19:40 2009 This could take a while. Status: at 2%. exported 32 kB (32768 bytes) of total 1.4 MiB (1474560 bytes). ... Status: at 100%. exported 1.4 MiB (1474560 bytes) of total 1.4 MiB (1474560 bytes). completion in 1 second(s) with 1 MiB/s (1474560 bytes/second). Export completed at: Sat Feb 28 19:19:41 2009 Written: 1.4 MiB (1474560 bytes) in 1 second(s) with 1 MiB/s (1474560 bytes/second). MD5 hash calculated over data: ae1ce8f5ac079d3ee93f97fe3792bda3 DIAGNOSTICS
Errors, verbose and debug output are printed to stderr when verbose output -v is enabled. Verbose and debug output are only printed when enabled at compilation. BUGS
Please report bugs of any kind to <forensics@hoffmannbv.nl> or on the project website: http://libewf.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
These man pages were written by Kees Mastwijk. Alterations for distribution have been made by Joachim Metz. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006-2009 Kees Mastwijk, Hoffmann Investigations <forensics@hoffmannbv.nl> and contributors. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ewfacquire(1), ewfacquirestream(1), ewfinfo(1), ewfverify(1) libewf October 17, 2009 libewf