Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL for postfix or sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ACL for postfix or sendmail Post 302770910 by safsound on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 03:16:02 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Possible in sendmail but if it takes rewrite rules, very demanding. You mean incoming mail will be relayed to one of several hosts by domain? Nothing delivered locally? Or are you talking about outgoing mail? ACL is a file permission thing, usually.

Postfix is pretty standard about this sort of thing: Postfix SMTP relay and access control
Yes, i just want relay (outgoing) somes network to use my MTA, no local mail, example :

somes network -------> my MTA -----> outgoing mail (all destination)

i want filter somes network/domain from incoming but nothing to outgoing,

But i need to match network with his domain. not just allow a domain incoming or network incoming but twice

i see access control for postfix but i dont find any configuration example to help me

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail tranmission issue: Postfix/Sendmail

Hi, I have email that is being routed from one server to another server it seems. The sending server has postfix running and the receiving server has sendmail running. The sendmail status is receiving connection. The sending server cannot seem to reach the receiving server. Error logs state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Replace sendmail with Postfix

Hi, I am assigned to replace sendmail with Postfix in solaris 10. Can anyone please tell what are the steps should be taken like files to backup and what are the configurations should be taken care and so on??????? Appreciate any help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

French characters in postfix/sendmail

Hello again, How can I send emails via postfix with special characters like "à" via postfix. When I'm paste-ing the special character inside a editor (nano) it shows like this --> � ... any tips? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
REGEXP_TABLE(5) 						File Formats Manual						   REGEXP_TABLE(5)

NAME
regexp_table - format of Postfix regular expression tables SYNOPSIS
regexp:/etc/postfix/filename DESCRIPTION
The Postfix mail system uses optional tables for address rewriting or mail routing. These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alterna- tively, lookup tables can be specified in POSIX regular expression form. To find out what types of lookup tables your Postfix system supports use the postconf -m command. The general form of a Postfix regular expression table is: pattern result When pattern matches a search string, use the corresponding result. blank lines and comments Empty lines and whitespace-only lines are ignored, as are lines whose first non-whitespace character is a `#'. multi-line text A logical line starts with non-whitespace text. A line that starts with whitespace continues a logical line. pattern1!pattern2 result Matches pattern1 but not pattern2. Each pattern is a regular expression enclosed by a pair of delimiters. The regular expression syntax is described in re_format(7). The expression delimiter can be any character, except whitespace or characters that have special meaning (traditionally the forward slash is used). The regular expression can contain whitespace. By default, matching is case-insensitive, although following the second slash with an `i' flag will reverse this. Other flags are `x' (dis- able extended expression syntax), and `m' (enable multi-line mode). Each pattern is applied to the entire lookup key string. Depending on the application, that string is an entire client hostname, an entire client IP address, or an entire mail address. Thus, no parent domain or parent network search is done, and user@domain mail addresses are not broken up into their user and domain constituent parts, nor is user+foo broken up into user and foo. Patterns are applied in the order as specified in the table, until a pattern is found that matches the search string. Substitution of substrings from the matched expression into the result string is possible using $1, $2, etc.. The macros in the result string may need to be written as ${n} or $(n) if they aren't followed by whitespace. EXAMPLE SMTPD ACCESS MAP
# Disallow sender-specified routing. This is a must if you relay mail # for other domains. /[%!@].*[%!@]/ 550 Sender-specified routing rejected # Postmaster is OK, that way they can talk to us about how to fix # their problem. /^postmaster@/ OK # Protect your outgoing majordomo exploders /^(.*)-outgoing@(.*)$/!/^owner-/ 550 Use ${1}@${2} instead EXAMPLE HEADER FILTER MAP
# These were once common in junk mail. /^Subject: make money fast/ REJECT /^To: friend@public.com/ REJECT SEE ALSO
pcre_table(5) format of PCRE tables AUTHOR(S) The regexp table lookup code was originally written by: LaMont Jones lamont@hp.com That code was based on the PCRE dictionary contributed by: Andrew McNamara andrewm@connect.com.au connect.com.au Pty. Ltd. Level 3, 213 Miller St North Sydney, NSW, Australia Adopted and adapted by: Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA REGEXP_TABLE(5)