Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Production to DR switch
Special Forums IP Networking Production to DR switch Post 302770375 by bakunin on Friday 15th of February 2013 11:54:06 AM
Old 02-15-2013
There is not so much "to do" - of course you can write such a high-availability system yourself. We will talk again a few years from now, probably....

What you have to do is to install such a high-availability software and form a cluster. There are several such software out there: HACMP, Veritas, Beowulf, NonStop-Cluster and probably a few dozen others. As you mentioned you run on Itanium i assume you have HP-Ux as OS, so you will probably need to install NonStop Cluster from HP.

I suggest you read up about "Failover-Clusters" and "active-passive clusters", as this is what you describe.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help.. ! Production Env.

Hi ! I want to delete a softlink... with a name.. " -> ALCATEL " FYI:- lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 32 Dec 3 2007 COX -> /wlsuite/om/cm/build/sandbox/COX lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 33 Jul 21 05:52 WL10 -> /wlsuite/om-cm/build/sandbox/WL10 lrwxrwxrwx 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To know the server which the production is pointing to?

Hi, How to know which server(Application or webserver) the production link or url is pointing to? Is there any command to get the server IP address? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

4. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies
ONECLUSTER(1)					   onecluster(1) -- manages OpenNebula clusters 				     ONECLUSTER(1)

NAME
onecluster SYNOPSIS
onecluster command [args] [options] OPTIONS
-l, --list x,y,z Selects columns to display with list command -d, --delay x Sets the delay in seconds for top command -x, --xml Show the resource in xml format -n, --numeric Do not translate user and group IDs -v, --verbose Verbose mode -h, --help Show this message -V, --version Show version and copyright information COMMANDS
o create name Creates a new Cluster o delete range|clusterid_list Deletes the given Cluster o list Lists Clusters in the pool valid options: list, delay, xml, numeric o show clusterid Shows information for the given Cluster valid options: xml o addhost clusterid hostid Adds a Host to the given Cluster o delhost clusterid hostid Deletes a Host from the given Cluster o adddatastore clusterid datastoreid Adds a Datastore to the given Cluster o deldatastore clusterid datastoreid Deletes a Datastore from the given Cluster o addvnet clusterid vnetid Adds a Virtual Network to the given Cluster o delvnet clusterid vnetid Deletes a Virtual Network from the given Cluster ARGUMENT FORMATS
o file Path to a file o range List of id's in the form 1,8..15 o text String o clusterid OpenNebula CLUSTER name or id o clusterid_list Comma-separated list of OpenNebula CLUSTER names or ids o vnetid OpenNebula VNET name or id o hostid OpenNebula HOST name or id o datastoreid OpenNebula DATASTORE name or id LICENSE
OpenNebula 3.4.1 Copyright 2002-2012, OpenNebula Project Leads (OpenNebula.org) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 April 2012 ONECLUSTER(1)