Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Production to DR switch
Special Forums IP Networking Production to DR switch Post 302770339 by mohtashims on Friday 15th of February 2013 09:41:38 AM
Old 02-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin
This is very similar to what HACMP (IBMs failover software for AIX) does too. In HACMPs wording what you call "pseudo IP" is called "service IP" and technically it is an IP alias, which is moved with the "resource group" (a group of mounted file systems, start-/stop-scripts for the application and said IP address(es)).

I hope this helps.

bakunin
I need to do this on unix [Itanium] and windows[ignore Windows if this is not the correct forum].

The Prod to DR configuration files copying is done periodically [every 5 mins] by myself using crontab and scp.

Can you now help me with the exact steps ?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help.. ! Production Env.

Hi ! I want to delete a softlink... with a name.. " -> ALCATEL " FYI:- lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 32 Dec 3 2007 COX -> /wlsuite/om/cm/build/sandbox/COX lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 33 Jul 21 05:52 WL10 -> /wlsuite/om-cm/build/sandbox/WL10 lrwxrwxrwx 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To know the server which the production is pointing to?

Hi, How to know which server(Application or webserver) the production link or url is pointing to? Is there any command to get the server IP address? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

4. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies
asadmin-get-client-stubs(1AS)					   User Commands				     asadmin-get-client-stubs(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-get-client-stubs, get-client-stubs - gets the stubs of the client SYNOPSIS
get-client-stubs --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive] --appname application_name local_directory_path Gets the client stubs JAR file for an AppClient standalone module or an application containing the AppClient module, from the server machine to the local directory. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. --appname name of the application. OPERANDS
local_directory_path path to the local directory where the client stub should be stored. Example 1: Using get-client-stubs asadmin> get-client-stubs --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 --appname myapplication.ear /sample/exmple EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-undeploy(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-get-client-stubs(1AS)