Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZIPX library?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ZIPX library? Post 302770050 by Corona688 on Thursday 14th of February 2013 10:02:42 AM
Old 02-14-2013
It depends on what software the businesses have available. I know I've had problems with GNU tar and large files on Windows systems.

7zip sounds like a good option to me, know for a fact it works well in UNIX and windows.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C library

Does anybody know are there free C library that implements most features of C++ standard library? e.g. I've used Berkeley in-memory db as maps (hash) but this isn't sufficient (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on extracting file with zipx extension

Please guide me in extracting a file with .zipx extension (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
3 Replies

4. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

5. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

6. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

7. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
LIBZIP(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 LIBZIP(3)

NAME
libzip - library for manipulating zip archives LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> DESCRIPTION
libzip is a library for reading, creating, and modifying zip archives. Below there are two sections listing functions: one for how to read from zip archives and one for how to create/modify them. READING ZIP ARCHIVES
open archive zip_open(3) zip_fdopen(3) find files zip_name_locate(3) read files zip_fopen(3) zip_fopen_encrypted(3) zip_fopen_index(3) zip_fopen_index_encrypted(3) zip_fread(3) zip_fclose(3) close archive zip_close(3) miscellaneous zip_stat(3) zip_get_archive_comment(3) zip_get_archive_flag(3) zip_get_file_comment(3) zip_get_name(3) zip_get_num_entries(3) zip_set_default_password(3) CREATING
/MODIFYING ZIP ARCHIVES create/open archive zip_open(3) add/change files and directories zip_add(3) zip_add_dir(3) zip_replace(3) zip_set_file_comment(3) zip_source_buffer(3) zip_source_file(3) zip_source_filep(3) zip_source_function(3) zip_source_zip(3) zip_source_free(3) rename files zip_rename(3) delete files zip_delete(3) revert changes zip_unchange(3) zip_unchange_all(3) zip_unchange_archive(3) close archive zip_close(3) miscellaneous zip_set_archive_comment(3) zip_set_archive_flag(3) ERROR HANDLING
zip_error_to_str(3) zip_strerror(3) zip_file_strerror(3) zip_error_get(3) zip_error_get_sys_type(3) zip_errors(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH February 14, 2011 LIBZIP(3)