Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hide the output of spawn ssh user@server Post 302768749 by dexdex200 on Saturday 9th of February 2013 12:16:38 PM
Old 02-09-2013
You should try this:

Code:
(
spawn ssh user@server1
expect "*? assword:"
send "pw \r"
expect "$"
send " sh ./filename1 \r"
expect "$"
expect eof
) > /dev/null
(
spawn ssh user@server2
send "pw \r"
expect "$"
send " sh ./filename2 \r"
expect "$"
expect eof
) > /dev/null
(
spawn ssh user@server3
send "pw \r"
expect "$"
send " sh ./filename3 \r"
expect "$"
expect eof
) > /dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to hide output to screen

I have a script that askes users to enter in an oracle account and password, The information is displayed on the screen as they type it. Does anyone know how I can hide this output? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to hide SSH version

I just been audited and one the recommendations is to hide the SSH version or give fake information. I went to openssh.com they don't seem to have any info on how to fix this :confused: Anybody knows how the heck can I hide the SSH version? The part which says # telnet localhost 22... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SSH] Need to connect to remote server as different user and without password

I have a task requiring that USER_A run a script, which connects to HOST_B as USER_B and does not ask for a password. If I am logged in on HOST_A as USER_B, I can connect to HOST_B without a password, no problem. However, if I try running ssh with the command line "ssh USER_B@HOST_B" while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Totengraber
3 Replies

4. Programming

spawn a process with a different user

Hello Everyone: I have the following code int main() { system("/usr/OtherUser/bin/runX"); return 0; } runX must be executed with privileges from another user, how could I do that? I know the password for such user. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh for different user account in a server configuration

Hi team, I am not able to configure the ssh settings for a UserA to do ssh or scp to the UserB in the same server , what could be the best way to do the ssh form UserA to UserB. I've generated the public key in UserA ~/.ssh and kept a copy of that in ~/.ssh of authorized_key of UserB . Still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: posix
1 Replies

6. AIX

passwordless entry using ssh from one user to a different user on the same server

Hi, We have a requirement to do passwordless entry from one user to a different user on the same AIX server using ssh keys. Can some one help me with this? Thanks in advance, Panditt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to hide shell terminal and run prompt program after ssh login for specified user

Hey guys, I have some task from my office to lock user on the specified directory after the user logged on using ssh. And then run prompt program to fill the required information. Yeah, just like an ATM system. My question: How could I do those?? AFAIK I have to edit the ~./bashrc. But the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alerts whenever someone logs into server via SSH any user?

Hi all, Thanks in Advance!! I dont know how to start to write script for this process, my requirement is if any user logs into server automatically Admin get mail alert. how is this possible? any one guide me to complete this process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Input Automation without Spawn

Hello All! I am attempting to create a shell script that will execute another shell script (mandatory by 3rd party software I'm attempting to automate). What I want to do is simply this, once the shell script is run, it will execute the other shell script (I have that done fine and working),... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: foghsho
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh user@server ' cd path;j=0; for i in *;do;d=`du -sh $i | awk '{print( $1 )}'`;p=$d'|'$i;j=`expr $

Please help me to resolve below the issue in script ssh user@server ' cd path;j=0; for i in *;do;d=`du -sh $i | \ awk '{print( $1 )}'`;p=$d'|'$i;j=`expr $j + 1 `;arr=$p;echo ${arr};done' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAUD PASHA
1 Replies
RUNSCRIPT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RUNSCRIPT(1)

NAME
runscript - script interpreter for minicom SYNOPSIS
runscript scriptname [logfile [homedir]] DESCRIPTION
runscript is a simple script interpreter that can be called from within the minicom communications program to automate tasks like logging in to a Unix system or your favorite BBS. INVOCATION
The program expects a script name and optionally a filename and the user's home directory as arguments, and it expects that it's input and output are connected to the "remote end", the system you are connecting to. All messages from runscript meant for the local screen are directed to the stderr output. All this is automatically taken care of if you run it from minicom. The logfile and home directory parame- ters are only used to tell the log command the name of the logfile and where to write it. If the homedir is omitted, runscript uses the directory found in the $HOME environment variable. If also the logfile name is omitted, the log commands are ignored. KEYWORDS
Runscript recognizes the following commands: expect send goto gosub return ! exit print set inc dec if timeout verbose sleep break call log OVERVIEW OF KEYWORDS
send <string> <string> is sent to the modem. It is followed by a ' '. <string> can be: - regular text, e.g. 'send hello' - text enclosed in quotes, e.g. 'send "hello world"' Within <string> the following sequences are recognized: - newline - carriage return a - bell  - backspace c - don't send the default ' '. f - formfeed ^ - the ^ character o - send character o (o is an octal number) Control characters can be used in the string with the ^ prefix (^A to ^Z, ^[, ^ ^], ^^ and ^_). If you need to send the ^ character, you must prefix it with the escape character. Also $(environment_variable) can be used, for example $(TERM). Minicom passes three special environment variables: $(LOGIN), which is the username, $(PASS), which is the password, as defined in the proper entry of the dialing directory, and $(TERMLIN) which is the number of actual terminal lines on your screen (that is, the statusline excluded). print <string> Prints <string> to the local screen. Default followed by ' '. See the description of 'send' above. label: Declares a label (with the name 'label') to use with goto or gosub. goto <label> Jump to another place in the program. gosub <label> Jumps to another place in the program. When the statement 'return' is encountered, control returns to the statement after the gosub. Gosub's can be nested. return Return from a gosub. ! <command> Runs a shell for you in which 'command' is executed. On return, the variable '$?' is set to the exit status of this command, so you can subsequently test it using 'if'. exit [value] Exit from "runscript" with an optional exit status. (default 1) set <variable> <value> Sets the value of <variable> (which is a single letter a-z) to the value <value>. If <variable> does not exist, it will be created. <value> can be a integer value or another variable. inc <variable> Increments the value of <variable> by one. dec <variable> Decrements the value of <variable> by one. if <value> <operator> <value> <statement> Conditional execution of <statement>. <operator> can be <, >, != or =. Eg, 'if a > 3 goto exitlabel'. timeout <value> Sets the global timeout. By default, 'runscript' will exit after 120 seconds. This can be changed with this command. Warning: this command acts differently within an 'expect' statement, but more about that later. verbose <on|off> By default, this is 'on'. That means that anything that is being read from the modem by 'runscript', gets echoed to the screen. This is so that you can see what 'runscript' is doing. sleep <value> Suspend execution for <value> seconds. expect expect { pattern [statement] pattern [statement] [timeout <value> [statement] ] .... } The most important command of all. Expect keeps reading from the input until it reads a pattern that matches one of the specified ones. If expect encounters an optional statement after that pattern, it will execute it. Otherwise the default is to just break out of the expect. 'pattern' is a string, just as in 'send' (see above). Normally, expect will timeout in 60 seconds and just exit, but this can be changed with the timeout command. break Break out of an 'expect' statement. This is normally only useful as argument to 'timeout' within an expect, because the default action of timeout is to exit immediately. call <scriptname> Transfers control to another scriptfile. When that scriptfile finishes without errors, the original script will continue. log <text> Write text to the logfile. NOTES
If you want to make your script to exit minicom (for example when you use minicom to dial up your ISP, and then start a PPP or SLIP session from a script), try the command "! killall -9 minicom" as the last script command. The -9 option should prevent minicom from hanging up the line and resetting the modem before exiting. Well, I don't think this is enough information to make you an experienced 'programmer' in 'runscript', but together with the examples it shouldn't be too hard to write some useful script files. Things will be easier if you have experience with BASIC. The minicom source code comes together with two example scripts, scriptdemo and unixlogin. Especially the last one is a good base to build on for your own scripts. SEE ALSO
minicom(1) BUGS
Runscript should be built in to minicom. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, <miquels@drinkel.ow.org> Jukka Lahtinen, <walker@netsonic.fi> User's Manual $Date: 2007-10-07 18:13:51 $ RUNSCRIPT(1)