Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Production to DR switch
Special Forums IP Networking Production to DR switch Post 302768699 by hicksd8 on Saturday 9th of February 2013 07:32:57 AM
Old 02-09-2013
What platform is this on? What hardware? What O/S?

Generally, you run some cluster/DR suite of software that manages failover. In those situations you might have node A and node B clustered. Node A is the production box and node B the DR box.

Both node A & B would have their "hardwired - never to change" IP addresses and the cluster suite presents a pseudo ip address to all clients. The clients only ever access this pseudo ip address (and don't know about the real ip addresses). When failover occurs the suite moves the pseudo ip address to the other node and the clients are none the wiser (apart from perhaps a few seconds hang).

So the question is; what have you got there?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help.. ! Production Env.

Hi ! I want to delete a softlink... with a name.. " -> ALCATEL " FYI:- lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 32 Dec 3 2007 COX -> /wlsuite/om/cm/build/sandbox/COX lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 33 Jul 21 05:52 WL10 -> /wlsuite/om-cm/build/sandbox/WL10 lrwxrwxrwx 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To know the server which the production is pointing to?

Hi, How to know which server(Application or webserver) the production link or url is pointing to? Is there any command to get the server IP address? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

4. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies
4S-BACKEND_SETUP(1J)						      4store						      4S-BACKEND_SETUP(1J)

NAME
4s-backend-setup -- Create a new 4store KB SYNOPSIS
4s-backend-setup kbname [--node node-number] [--cluster cluster-size] [--segments segment-count] kb-name --node Number of this node in the cluster, values range from 0 to cluster-size - 1. The default is 0. --cluster The number of nodes in the cluster. The default is 1. --segments The number of segments in the cluster. The default is 2. We recommend one for each CPU core in the cluster as a good starting point. Higher numbers tend to consume more resources, but may result in increased performance. NOTES
Once crated with 4s-backend-setup KBs should be started with 4s-backend(1) SEE ALSO
4s-query(1), 4s-size(1), 4s-httpd(1), 4s-backend(1), 4s-delete-model(1) EXAMPLES
$ 4s-backend-setup --node 0 --cluster 1 --segments 4 demo Creates the indexes for a single-machine KB with four segments, named "demo". 4store May 31, 2019 4store