Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Os not coming up after i set mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda8 Post 302768253 by RudiC on Friday 8th of February 2013 07:43:47 AM
Old 02-08-2013
Have you read and understood fsck's upfront output?
Not knowing what it output before, and taking into account that this is your /tmp file system, i.e. a data loss were not disastrous, I'd reply: "yes" - at your own risk!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Do I set up a UNix dev environment

Hello, I am totally new to Unix. My current contract requires me to build an intranet site (nothing fancy, no forms, no cgi scripts, no search engine) for a unix platform. I develop on an NT environment using dreamweaver. I am considering buying Red Hat Linux, install that on the NT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alam
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mount: /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 no such device

I've searched through unix.com and google for this issue I am having on one particular Sun E280R with installing netbackup software from CD. I know the cd is good because i installed the software on 4 other servers right before this one. This is the issue I am seeing. vold does not mount the CD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

4. AIX

Can't mount showing 0506-342 The superblock on /dev/fslv00 is dirty

Dear All Last day in Aix 5.2 server by executing # df –g I found following: Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on . . /dev/fslv00 58.00 136.70 -135% 212103 1% /sprod After shutting down by following command # shutdown –h And when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xa52000
1 Replies

5. Solaris

remount not working

HI All, I am trying to remount a file system using teh remount option as belwo; gws210i122: mount -o remount /tmp mount: Operation not supported But i am getting the error as mentioned. Please suggest. Regards, Sag. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
3 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cant' mount usb drive, /dev/sda1 not showing up

Hi, I'm trying to mount a usb drive but the path /dev/sda1 does not show up under /dev when I plug in the usb device. In fact I see no differences under /dev before and after I plugin my usb drive. Any ideas why the system is not recognizing the usb drive and how to fix? This is on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

7. Solaris

ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_host_param

Following command was set up in startup script on Solaris 8 servers - improved network transfers of files from one server to the another (doubled transfer speed). ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_host_param '10.140.20.10 sendspace 279600 recvspace 279600 timestamp 1' Now they are getting a new server... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning of mount /dev/dsk/c... /mnt

Hi May I know the meaning of the following command mount /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 /mnt Will I be able to use my tape drive after that? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

9. AIX

"Please mount volume 2 on /dev/rmt0.1" message during mksysb restore

Dear all First of all, my English not so good. We have p52a (production server) and p52a (test server). Tape drives are VXA2. When both servers were AIX 5.3, mksysb on production server and restoring to test server was OK. The production server was AIX 5.3 and recently upgraded to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifa15pc
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set timeout for dev/tcp while checking hostname and port?

I have a command to check the status of hostname and port number, echo > /dev/tcp/hostname/80 echo $? 0 success case echo > /dev/tcp/hostname/809999 I got the output ------------------- connection timed out It took almost 4 minutes to time out,,, how can I set it to 10 seconds? my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
2 Replies
fsck.ocfs2(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						     fsck.ocfs2(8)

NAME
fsck.ocfs2 - Check an OCFS2 file system. SYNOPSIS
fsck.ocfs2 [ -fFGnuvVy ] [ -b superblock block ] [ -B block size ] device DESCRIPTION
fsck.ocfs2 is used to check an OCFS2 file system. device is the file where the file system is stored (e.g. /dev/sda1). It will almost always be a device file but a regular file will work as well. OPTIONS
-b superblock block Normally, fsck.ocfs2 will read the superblock from the first block of the device. This option specifies an alternate block that the superblock should be read from. (Use -r instead of this option.) -B blocksize The block size, specified in bytes, can range from 512 to 4096. A value of 0, the default, is used to indicate that the blocksize should be automatically detected. -D Optimize directories in filesystem. This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to coalesce the directory entries in order to improve the filesys- tem performance. -f Force checking even if the file system is clean. -F By default fsck.ocfs2 will check with the cluster services to ensure that the volume is not in-use (mounted) on any node in the cluster before proceeding. -F skips this check and should only be used when it can be guaranteed that the volume is not mounted on any node in the cluster. WARNING: If the cluster check is disabled and the volume is mounted on one or more nodes, file system cor- ruption is very likely. If unsure, do not use this option. -G Usually fsck.ocfs2 will silently assume inodes whose generation number does not match the generation number of the super block are unused inodes. This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to ask the user if these inodes should in fact be marked unused. -n Give the 'no' answer to all questions that fsck will ask. This guarantees that the file system will not be modified and the device will be opened read-only. The output of fsck.ocfs2 with this option can be redirected to produce a record of a file system's faults. -r backup-number mkfs.ocfs2 makes upto 6 backup copies of the superblock at offsets 1G, 4G, 16G, 64G, 256G and 1T depending on the size of the vol- ume. Use this option to specify the backup, 1 thru 6, to use to recover the superblock. -y Give the 'yes' answer to all questions that fsck will ask. This will repair all faults that fsck.ocfs2 finds but will not give the operator a chance to intervene if fsck.ocfs2 decides that it wants to drastically repair the file system. -v This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to produce a very large amount of debugging output. -V Print version information and exit. EXIT CODE
The exit code returned by fsck.ocfs2 is the sum of the following conditions: 0 - No errors 1 - File system errors corrected 2 - File system errors corrected, system should be rebooted 4 - File system errors left uncorrected 8 - Operational error 16 - Usage or syntax error 32 - fsck.ocfs2 canceled by user request 128 - Shared library error SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) debugfs.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation. This man page entry derives some text, especially the exit code summary, from e2fsck(8) by Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.4.3 February 2010 fsck.ocfs2(8)