Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to take the file name in run time using shell.? Post 302766513 by praveen265 on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 12:03:22 AM
Old 02-05-2013
RedHat

Thanks for correcting me Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run this program with only one input file at a time

i have a program ABC, which runs every two minutes and takes the input according to the a value called "pointer" files need to be processed by ABC are input0001 input0002 input0003 input0004 input0005 current value of pointer is 0001, now program runs and takes all the files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate array name at run time Korn shell

Hi, I am trying to define number of array based on constant derived during execution phase of a script. Here is what i am trying.. #First Part, Get LUN input from User lun_count=4 count=0 set -A my_lun while : do while ]; do read L?"Enter Lun "$count" Number:" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the run time based on log entries?

Shell script to find the run time based on log entries? Below is the log files content updated when the script test.sh runs. I would like to calculte the difference between first update time stamp and last update time stamp to find the run time of the script. The below log file shows the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailtopranesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script when a file is modified/time stamp changed

Hi, I need to run a script file which uses a file and that file is modified as and when some alarms generated, it is not based on any fixed time period.. it may be modified even once in a minute for some time and once in 30 min or once in 20 min. Hence i need to watch for the timestamp change of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Oracle using shell script at run time

Hi all, I am a newbie.....am jus trying to connect to oracle thro a script, but not thro giving the username/password@server_name directly like `$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@server_name In the above line, once it is connected to Oracle, it shud ask me the username and password... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give password at run time in a shell script?

hi, how can i pass a password automatically when a shell script is running. i have shell script(runscript.sh) which call another shell script inside it as a different user. runscript.sh contains su - nemo -c "/bin/main_script.sh" but when i execute "runscript.sh" it try to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script on all 15 servers at the same time?

We have 15 servers. Hostnames for these 15 servers are stored in a text files and loop through each server to connect to the remote server and run a command, but this loop process runs the command one after another. However, the requirement is to run the same command on all 15 servers at the same... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove columns from file at run time

I want to built a generic code to remove columns from file. Column number will be passed at run time.I may have multiple number like 2,5,10 so Can you please help. I know how to remove when we know column number but I want a generic code where column number will be passed at run time. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to run in given time

Hi All, Would like to write a Script which will run between 11am to 3 pm and send the results to output.txt. Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
fsck_pcfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     fsck_pcfs(1M)

NAME
fsck_pcfs - file system consistency check and interactive repair SYNOPSIS
fsck -F pcfs [generic_options] special fsck -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] special DESCRIPTION
The fsck utility audits and interactively repairs inconsistent conditions on file systems. special represents the character special device on which the file system resides, for example /dev/rdiskette. The character special device, not the block special device, should be used. In the case of correcting serious inconsistencies, by default, fsck asks for confirmation before making a repair and waits for the operator to respond either yes or no. If the operator does not have write permission on the file system, fsck defaults to a -n (no corrections) action. See fsck(1M). Repairing some file system inconsistencies may result in loss of data. The amount and severity of data loss may be determined from the diagnostic output. When executed with the verify option (-o v), fsck_pcfs automatically scans the entire file system to verify that all of its allocation units are accessible. If it finds any units inaccessible, it updates the file allocation table (FAT) appropriately. It also updates any effected directory entries to reflect the problem. This directory update includes truncating the file at the point in its allocation chain where the file data is no longer accessible. Any remaining accessible allocation units become orphaned. Orphaned chains of accessible allocation units are, with the operator's concurrence, linked back into the file system as files in the root directory. These files are assigned names of the form fileNNNN.chk, where the Ns are digits in the integral range from 0 through 9. After successfully scanning and correcting any errors in the file system, fsck displays a summary of information about the file system. This summary includes the size of the file system in bytes, the number of bytes used in directories and individual files, and the number of available allocation units remaining in the file system. OPTIONS
generic_options The following generic options are supported: -m Check but do not repair. This option checks that the file system is suitable for mounting, return- ing the appropriate exit status. If the file system is ready for mounting, fsck displays a message such as: pcfs fsck: sanity check: /dev/rdiskette okay -n | -N Assume a no response to all questions asked by fsck; do not open the file system for writing. -V Echo the expanded command line, but do not execute the command. This option may be used to verify and to validate the command line. -y | -Y Assume a yes response to all questions asked by fsck. -o specific_options Specify pcfs file system specific options in a comma-separated list, in any combination, with no intervening spa- ces. v Verify all allocation units are accessible prior to correcting inconsistencies in the metadata. p Check and fix the file system non-interactively (preen). Exit immediately if there is a problem requiring intervention. w Check writable file systems only. FILES
special The device which contains the pcfs. The device name for a diskette is specified as /dev/rdiskette0 for the first diskette drive, or /dev/rdiskette1 for a second diskette drive. A hard disk device or high-capacity removable device name much be qualified with a suffix to indicate the proper FDISK partition. For example, in the names: /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0p0:c and /dev/rdsk/c0t4d0s2:c, the :c suffix indicates the first parti- tion on the disk contains the pcfs. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), fdisk(1M), mkfs(1M), mkfs_pcfs(1M), mountall(1M), attributes(5), pcfs(7FS), WARNINGS
The operating system buffers file system data. Running fsck on a mounted file system can cause the operating system's buffers to become out of date with respect to the disk. For this reason, the file system should be unmounted when fsck is used. If this is not possible, care should be taken that the system is quiescent and that it is rebooted immediately after fsck is run. Quite often, however, this is not suf- ficient. A panic will probably occur if running fsck on a file system modifies the file system. SunOS 5.10 28 Jan 2000 fsck_pcfs(1M)