Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat To make an ftp server writable Post 302764149 by RudiC on Thursday 31st of January 2013 03:49:15 AM
Old 01-31-2013
I don't think it's a matter of permissions - did you try to upload using an ftp-client? Should work with the right ftp login.
I think you can't upload from within a browser unless you use an ftp plugin. Find one on the internet and give it a try. Pls report back.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

make a recovery CD/DVD - system has no writable devices

Hi, Has anyone please got some advise as to how I can make a CD/DVD on an AIX 5.3 system so that it can be fully recoverd just by inserting the backed up system. The system that I need to recover has no writable devices, not even a tape drive (it wasn't specified by me btw). I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevek007
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script not able to connect to ftp server.

I have the following ftp script to get files from a remote location. However, on running the script I find that I am not even able to connect to ftp server. I am able to connect to ftp server using other GUI ftp tools like WS_FTP using the same IP. IP used here is a dummy IP. What can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how do I make my workstation an installation server for a remote server?.

Is there a way I can make my Sun workstation as a installation server for a remote server?. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
3 Replies

4. Solaris

To make ftp an sftp?

Hi All, I want to make ftp for a particular server(ip ,user/passwd) sftp . Regards Megh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make a FreeBSD hdd writable from WinXP?

Hey, I was wondering how I can write/edit files on my FreeBSD hdd from windows XP. I specifically need to fix a change I made to /boot/defaults/loader.conf that made it impossible to boot into my FreeBSD hdd. It's a simple fix, but since I can't boot into FreeBSD, I have to fix it from my Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xandor
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make a script to ftp over?

Hi, I have a script that ftp over the file: CFGFILE=/export/home/myuser/scripts/ftp1.cfg LOGFILE=/app/bea/logs/ LOCALPATH=/expport/home/myuser/ECNLogs/ YEAR=`date '+%Y'` MONTH=`date '+%m'` DAY=`date '+%d'` HOUR=`date '+%H'` MINUTE=`date '+%M'` LASTHOUR=$((HOUR-1)) echo $LASTHOUR ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how i can make one ip access to ftp account and deny others

HI I want to make only one IP can access to ftp acount in cpanel or by shell can any body help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elkadrey
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to make same machine as ftp

Hi, I have been acces to unix box , I HAVE BEEN ALLOTED A URL AND USERID ALONG WITH PASSWORD ,and thru putty i acess to that unix machine ...Now I want same machine to be used as ftp server can I do that...?actually no seprate ftp server acess is given to me and now i want to test some ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)