Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting a string from a line Post 302763765 by brunlea on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 12:06:11 PM
Old 01-30-2013
That does not work as i forgot to mention that there are other lines also in the file in the format
Code:
<m:string>zzz1234ZZ</m:string>

Is there a way that command can be adjusted to get the string bearing in mind the different lines in the file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting from a string

How do I extract 5th to 10th characters of string as given below stored in a shell variable. "ab cd ef gh ij kl" How is cut to be used on this? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preetikate
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a line based on line number

i want to cut all the entries from the /etc/passwd file in which the uid is> 500 for this i was writing this ,m quiet new to all this.. scripting but on the 6th n 8th line ,, i hav to specify a line number .. to get the commnd working .. but i want to use variable i instead of that ,,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narendra.pant
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a string

Hi All, I am writing a shell script for which I am stuck with an extraction part. I arrived till extraction of a path of file. Lets take an example. I now have a file which contains following one line: 2348/home/userid/mydir/any_num_dir/myfile.text Now I want to extract only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: start_shell
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting String

I am trying to extract a hyperlink from a html document using awk. I have managed to output in the format... href="index.html"> where i would like it just to output index.html. Any ideas on how i would do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adpe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting particular string in a file and storing matched string in output file

Hi , I have input file and i want to extract below strings <msisdn xmlns="">0492001956</ msisdn> => numaber inside brackets <resCode>3000</resCode> => 3000 needs to be extracted <resMessage>Request time getBalances_PSM.c(37): d out</resMessage></ns2:getBalancesResponse> => the word... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string matching a pattern from a line

Hi All, I am pretty new to pattern matching and extraction using shell scripting. Could anyone please help me in extracting the word matching a pattern from a line in bash. Input Sample (can vary between any of the 3 samples below): 1) Adaptec SCSI RAID 5445 2) Adaptec SCSI 5445S RAID 3)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jharish
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to add a new string at the end of line by searching a string on the same line?

Hi, I have a file which is an extract of jil codes of all autosys jobs in our server. Sample jil code: ************************** permission:gx,wx date_conditions:yes days_of_week:all start_times:"05:00" condition: notrunning(appDev#box#ProductLoad)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavendra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the part of string

I have a string: 2015-04-16 07:30:05,625000 +0900 xxxx.com I just want to extract the time from the above line I am using the below syntax x=~ /(.*) (\d+)\:(\d+)\:(\d+),(.*)\.com/ $time = $2 . ':' . $3 . ':' . $4; print $time But it is not working. Can some1 please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan8810
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
PARL(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   PARL(1)

NAME
parl - Binary PAR Loader SYNOPSIS
(Please see pp for convenient ways to make self-contained executables, scripts or PAR archives from perl programs.) To make a PAR distribution from a CPAN module distribution: % parl -p # make a PAR dist under the current path % parl -p Foo-0.01 # assume unpacked CPAN dist in Foo-0.01/ To manipulate a PAR distribution: % parl -i Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # install % parl -i http://foo.com/Foo-0.01 # auto-appends archname + perlver % parl -i cpan://AUTRIJUS/PAR-0.74 # uses CPAN author directory % parl -u Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # uninstall % parl -s Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # sign % parl -v Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # verify To use Hello.pm from ./foo.par: % parl -A./foo.par -MHello % parl -A./foo -MHello # the .par part is optional Same thing, but search foo.par in the @INC; % parl -Ifoo.par -MHello % parl -Ifoo -MHello # ditto Run test.pl or script/test.pl from foo.par: % parl foo.par test.pl # looks for 'main.pl' by default, # otherwise run 'test.pl' To make a self-containing executable containing a PAR file : % parl -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # same as above To embed the necessary non-core modules and shared objects for PAR's execution (like "Zlib", "IO", "Cwd", etc), use the -b flag: % parl -b -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # runs anywhere with core modules installed If you also wish to embed core modules along, use the -B flag instead: % parl -B -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # runs anywhere with the perl interpreter This is particularly useful when making stand-alone binary executables; see pp for details. DESCRIPTION
This stand-alone command offers roughly the same feature as "perl -MPAR", except that it takes the pre-loaded .par files via "-Afoo.par" instead of "-MPAR=foo.par". Additionally, it lets you convert a CPAN distribution to a PAR distribution, as well as manipulate such distributions. For more information about PAR distributions, see PAR::Dist. You can use it to run .par files: # runs script/run.pl in archive, uses its lib/* as libraries % parl myapp.par run.pl # runs run.pl or script/run.pl in myapp.par % parl otherapp.pl # also runs normal perl scripts However, if the .par archive contains either main.pl or script/main.pl, it is used instead: % parl myapp.par run.pl # runs main.pl, with 'run.pl' as @ARGV Finally, the "-O" option makes a stand-alone binary executable from a PAR file: % parl -B -Omyapp myapp.par % ./myapp # run it anywhere without perl binaries With the "--par-options" flag, generated binaries can act as "parl" to pack new binaries: % ./myapp --par-options -Omyap2 myapp.par # identical to ./myapp % ./myapp --par-options -Omyap3 myap3.par # now with different PAR For an explanation of stand-alone executable format, please see par.pl. SEE ALSO
PAR, PAR::Dist, par.pl, pp AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> <http://par.perl.org/> is the official PAR website. You can write to the mailing list at <par@perl.org>, or send an empty mail to <par-subscribe@perl.org> to participate in the discussion. Please submit bug reports to <bug-par@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002-2009 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. Neither this program nor the associated pp program impose any licensing restrictions on files generated by their execution, in accordance with the 8th article of the Artistic License: "Aggregation of this Package with a commercial distribution is always permitted provided that the use of this Package is embedded; that is, when no overt attempt is made to make this Package's interfaces visible to the end user of the commercial distribution. Such use shall not be construed as a distribution of this Package." Therefore, you are absolutely free to place any license on the resulting executable, as long as the packed 3rd-party libraries are also available under the Artistic License. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2012-01-06 PARL(1)