Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Want to unblock port for particular site Post 302762717 by Vaibhav.T on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 02:34:18 AM
Old 01-29-2013
Want to unblock port for particular site

Dear All

We have one Centos Server on Asterisk platform.We are trying to open one particular site from client machines which is our client portal.We have to upload data on that.When we trying to open that site somewhere its blocking and not opening.We did tracert and found one router down outside india.Did emailed to our ISP and they said its our server issue.I Tried to open that site with Data card and its working fine.Please let me know how can i check which port is blocking.

Thank You

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unblock port 80 for none root user

Hi all, I am running an oracle application server but the problem is that the default port it is using is 7777 and if i want to make it port 80 i have to run the server as root which something i do not want to do. If i understand well to run on a port under 1024 the application needs root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: staind_art
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to Unblock Port in HP UX

Dear All.. I have an HP-UX server, i need to access it through certain port to run application.., but i cant access it, I can login as root by using other port Can anyone give me any advice how to see the list of active port? and how to block / unblock it?? Thankyou in advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grimanda
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

To unblock the some audit scripts

Dear Expects, I am facing following discrepancies on our server. a) When we give wrong root password three times in a row, the root account has been disabled. b) System is forced to change the old password, whenever we tried to change the password of any of the OS user and for ROOT user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle_rajesh_k
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

port access to site to site VPN

Setup a site to site VPN between two cisco routers. One of the site locations is unable to access ports such as https://example.com:9001 How do I let them go into port 9001? They can ssh, ftp, telnet and everything else. Is this a VPN issue or ACL access issue? I put permit ip host... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unblock the websites

Hi Guys, Some of the websites are blocked in my office. And I know the root password. I tried to unblock those sites.. Checkedcd /etc/modprobe.d $ cat blacklist.conf # # Listing a module here prevents the hotplug scripts from loading it. # Usually that'd be so that some other driver will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
rpc.lockd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      rpc.lockd(8)

NAME
rpc.lockd, lockd - Network lock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.lockd [-b hostname] [-c] [-d debug] [-g graceperiod] [-h hashsize] [-s] [-t timeout] OPTIONS
The default behavior will create and bind a socket for each protocol per interface on the system. When the -b switch is specified, one socket per protocol will be created and bind to the passed IP address. Available only on TruCluster Server systems. This option starts the clusterwide lock daemon, which helps provide highly available NFS service. Do not use -c directly. Highly available NFS service is config- ured by default and typically does not require intervention. If you do need to start the clusterwide lock daemon, use the CAA command, caa_start cluster_lockd. For more information, see the TruCluster Server Administration manual. Internal Use Only. Use this option only under the direction of technical support personnel. Causes the rpc.lockd daemon to use the variable graceperiod (in seconds) as the grace period dura- tion instead of the default value of 15 seconds. Internal Use Only. Causes the rpc.lockd daemon to use the variable timeout (in seconds) as the interval instead of the default value of 5 seconds to retransmit a lock request to the remote server. DESCRIPTION
The rpc.lockd daemon processes lock requests that are either sent locally by the kernel or remotely by another lock daemon. The NFS locking service makes this advisory locking support possible by using the fcntl system call and the lockf subroutine. The rpc.lockd daemon forwards lock requests for remote data to the server site's lock daemon. The rpc.lockd daemon then requests the status monitor daemon, rpc.statd, for monitor service. The reply to the lock request is not sent to the kernel until the status daemon and the server site's lock daemon have replied. If either the status monitor or server site's lock daemon is unavailable, the reply to a lock request for remote data is delayed until all daemons become available. When a server recovers, it waits for a grace period for all client site lock daemons to submit reclaim requests. Client site lock daemons are notified by rpc.statd of the server recovery and promptly resubmit previously granted lock requests. If a client site's lock daemon fails to secure previously granted locks at the server site, it sends the signal SIGLOST to all the processes that were previously holding locks and cannot reclaim them. SEE ALSO
Commands: rpc.statd(8) Functions: fcntl(2), signal(2), lockf(3) rpc.lockd(8)