Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to scp shadow file of b form system a? Post 302761517 by Corona688 on Friday 25th of January 2013 07:04:49 PM
Old 01-25-2013
You'll have to log in as root, or somehow contrive to get root access after logging in.

Even the slightest insecurity in the system you use could have dire consequences.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shadow file

Sirs, What is a shadow file,How it be usefull.For my project i have to keep the password in shawdow file also i am doing in php how can i do it. Thanks in advance, ArunKumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shadow file

what does 'x' in the encrypted password field in /etc/shaodw file represent? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbashir
3 Replies

4. Solaris

*LK* in /etc/shadow file

my etc/shadow file showing *LK* for a particular user.. can u tell me under which circumstances a user is locked (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/shadow file....

Does anyone know what "!!" represents in the password field of the /etc/shadow file? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow File

I see conflicting definitions for the shadow file. For Solaris, what are the fields please? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidS
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shadow file

Hi, In shadow file smithj:Ep6mckrOLChF.:10063:0:99999:7::: 3rd Field 10063 indicates the number of days (since January 1, 1970) since the password was last changed. I want to get the result with script the date on which the password was last changed in YYYY-MM-DD format. can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow file help

As a part of linux hardening In shadow file all Application accounts which are not locked must contain only an asterisk “*” in the Passwd field. But how would i do it by using command? Is there any way other than modifying shadow file to accomplish this task? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies
K5LOGIN(5)							   MIT Kerberos 							K5LOGIN(5)

NAME
k5login - Kerberos V5 acl file for host access DESCRIPTION
The .k5login file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of the Kerberos principals. Anyone with valid tickets for a principal in the file is allowed host access with the UID of the user in whose home directory the file resides. One common use is to place a .k5login file in root's home directory, thereby granting system administrators remote root access to the host via Kerberos. EXAMPLES
Suppose the user alice had a .k5login file in her home directory containing the following line: bob@FOOBAR.ORG This would allow bob to use Kerberos network applications, such as ssh(1), to access alice's account, using bob's Kerberos tickets. Let us further suppose that alice is a system administrator. Alice and the other system administrators would have their principals in root's .k5login file on each host: alice@BLEEP.COM joeadmin/root@BLEEP.COM This would allow either system administrator to log in to these hosts using their Kerberos tickets instead of having to type the root pass- word. Note that because bob retains the Kerberos tickets for his own principal, bob@FOOBAR.ORG, he would not have any of the privileges that require alice's tickets, such as root access to any of the site's hosts, or the ability to change alice's password. SEE ALSO
kerberos(1) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 K5LOGIN(5)