Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ./configure: not found
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ./configure: not found Post 302760931 by Scarlet on Thursday 24th of January 2013 07:51:35 PM
Old 01-24-2013
Hi,
Its sparc.

I used the package TCMsudo-1.8.6p4-sparc.pkg. I then cd to the directory I unzipped on and used the command "./configure" and got the command not found message.

Afterwards I used "pkgadd -d downloadPath/fileName> I'm not sure if I still have to use the configure command.

When searched for "visudo" and found it in the /usr/local/sbin. When I used ". visudo" I was able to edit the file. Can you tell me how to add the user there and if it will work?

Thank you.

Regards,
Scarlet

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP configure

Hi people I am having problems getting a few Sun Station to work again. We just moved to a new building with new IPs and new gateways. I need to change all these settings. Could some one please tel me what files I have to change. It is a Solaris 5.7 machine. Thanx O:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Linux

options used in ./configure

Hi, for a given binary file or rpm package, is there any way for me to know the ./configure options passed onto it when it was built? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

4. Solaris

configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH

When i configure apache(2.2.15) on solaris-8 server it producing following error <configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH configure failed for srclib/apr > please help me any to fix this error. :confused: ---------- Post updated at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous update was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

6. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure

hello, I'm trying install apache http server version 2.2.22. I downloaded the file httpd-2.2.22.tar.bz2. I unzipped this file.. When I type "./configure", the following error occurs: # ./configure --prefix=/opt/work/apache2.2.22 checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adriano Schmidt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure NGINX?

Hi , I installed NGINX and when i i go see the browser it says welcome If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required. is there any kind of document to configure that(i am completly new for this) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to configure Oracle sqlplus V12 properly. Need Help. Resources could'nt be found elsewhere .

I installed Oracle sqlplus on My Ubuntu 14.04 64bit version as per the instructions on: help.ubuntu page (Unable to post the URL as i'm new user here). I'm totally new to SQL and now i'm learning queries in my college. I installed 64bit version of sqplus and run it executing the command:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunmayilvagan
14 Replies
qshutdown(1)						      General Commands Manual						      qshutdown(1)

NAME
qshutdown - An avanced shutdown tool SYNOPSIS
qshutdown [options] DESCRIPTION
qshutdown is a simple tool to choose a time or a number of minutes to shutdown, reboot, suspend or hibernate after. qshutdown will show itself 3 times as a warning if there are less than 70 seconds left. (if 1 Minute or local time +1 Minute was set it'll appear only once.) This program uses qdbus to send a shutdown/reboot/suspend/hibernate request to either the gnome- or kde-session-manager, to HAL/ConsoleKit/DeviceKit/UPower and if none of these works, the command 'sudo shutdown' will be used. OPTIONS
-h --help Prints options with description. -i Prints information about qshutdown. -v Prints all errors and warnings. NOTES
When sending the request to HAL or ConsoleKit, or the shutdown command is used, the Session will never be saved. If the shutdown command is used, the program will only be able to shutdown and reboot. If nothing happens when the shutdown- or reboot-time is reached, it means that one lacks the rights for the shutdown command. In this case one can do the following: Post the following in a terminal: $ EDITOR=nano sudo -E visudo and add this line: * ALL = NOPASSWD:/sbin/shutdown whereas * replaces the username or %groupname. For admins: If you want qshutdown to run with "parental lock" for every user, you can do $ sudo cp /usr/share/qshutdown/autostart/99qshutdown /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ and set the option Lock_all in /root/.qshutdown/qshutdown.conf to true. Note that qshutdown has to start once to generate the qshut- down.conf. Furthermore there is a need to do $ EDITOR=nano sudo -E visudo and add the following line to the sudoers: * ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/qshutdown If you should ever forget your set password, just remove the whole line starting with Password manually from the qshutdown.conf. FILES
The configurationfile (and logfile) is located at ~/.qshutdown/ (under Linux/Unix). The maximum Number of countdown_minutes is 1440 (24 hours). KNOWN ISSUES
There is no system tray icon for qshutdown in Ubuntu 11.04. SOLUTION: Type the following line in a terminal: $ gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['all']" HINTS ON USAGE
If you want qshutdown to stop "bugging" you, just remove the hook from "warnings on?". HOTKEYS
Ctrl+I information window Ctrl+Q Quit Ctrl+P Prefereces Ctrl+L write the run time once into the logfile (works only if qshutdown quits. To make it permanent set it in the preferences.) Ctrl+S set to shutdown Ctrl+R set to restart Ctrl+U set to suspend to RAM Ctrl+H set to hibernate Ctrl+E stop timer (only if the countdown has started and the admin didn't restrict the access) Shift+E to edit the config file (for this a password is necessary. If you are a user, you can set an "empty password" (leave the password field empty)). AUTHOR
Christian Metscher <hakaishi@web.de> 2011-10-23 qshutdown(1)