Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 booting from EMC SAN DISK Post 302758525 by top.level on Sunday 20th of January 2013 02:04:05 AM
Old 01-20-2013
no and how to can I do that ?

Please explain to me and advice

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 not booting with mirrored disk

Hi all, I have a V490 running with Solaris 10. The OS disk was mirrored. I wanted to break the mirror, boot with the secondary mirror, and re-mirror the OS with a new disk. This is what I did, detached the metadevices of the secondary mirror disk (disk 1) metaclear-ed the metadevices,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinp82
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

3. AIX

Configurin EMC SAN disks on AIX

This may sound like an absolute rookie question, and it is. I have been working on Migrating our HP and Solaris servers to the new EMC SAN and know the routines backwards. Now we've suddenly got a new IBM server and I don't even know how to check if it is connected to the switch. Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronellevan
1 Replies

4. AIX

hard disk and san

Hello everyone I got several aix boxes with aix 5.3 I got a ibm san ds4500 My question is How can I do a match between my disks on aix and the san? I try to do a match with the LUN but for example. In my san I got several 1 LUN and on one of my aix box I got this If I type lscfg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

5. Solaris

SAN disk failure

hi all, have a solaris 9 OS and a SAN disk which used to work fine is not getting picked up by my machine. can anyone point out things to check in order to troubleshoot this ?? thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting off of a SAN

Hello, I'm posting this in the "Unix for Dummies" forum, since it is more of a theoretical question than an exact problem/fix I'm inquiring about. I have a SunFire T2000 server with 4 internal hard drives, running Solaris 10. (So far so good :) The company just purchased a large EMC SAN. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How to read EMC disk space

Hi I am using Solaris8.I want to find the total disk space of my server.Can anyone please tell that which field in below mentioned code signifies the disk space and whether this space is in Mb or GB. c11t0d52 <EMC-SYMMETRIX-5264 cyl 4 alt 2 hd 15 sec 64> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing Solaris OS on LDOM SAN Disk

I have viewed a few previous posts regarding this, but none of them quite described or worked with my issue. I am out of local disk space on my LDOM Manager but still have plenty of SAN vCPU and Memory available so I am trying to install a new LDOM OS on SAN. I have exposed the SAN to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
0 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)