Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Vb file from UNIX to mainframe Post 302758015 by Corona688 on Friday 18th of January 2013 10:27:25 AM
Old 01-18-2013
It kind of depends what the mainframe is and what it expects.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

USS (unix) on the Mainframe

am wanting to know if the board is worth my time and effort since I work with USS (Unix System Services) on a Mainframe computer. If there are others who use USS on the Mainframe this will be helpfull. I dont want to spend my time racking up the number of posts I have nor should anyone else. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javagate
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USS (unix) on the Mainframe

Does anyone work with USS on an IBM Mainframe computer on this msg board? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javagate
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving file from Mainframe to Unix

Hi I m an absolute dummy on UNIX, I m basically a SAP guy. but I require a file which is stored on the mainframe to be moved to Unix application server. I got the following script to do it from someone #! /usr/local/bin/move_prom REMOTE_HOST=158.52.246.30 # Hostname of the remote Mainframe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaj_99
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mainframe assembler file into Unix

Hi, I have received a mainframe file ( VSAM file ) . I would like to handle that file in Unix. i.e I would like to take the last record of the file. I have given wc -l <file_name> , it gives 0 lines. Even though It has some lines , it is not giving count exactly. When I gave file <file_name>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thambi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file from unix to mainframe

thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishabhishek
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX sftp from mainframe

I have the following UNIX script which copies a file from a UNIX server in Canada to a UNIX server in the UK. LOG=/data/proj/sftp/canada.log DAT=`date "+%d/%m/%y %H:%M"` HOMEDIR=/data/proj/sftp TGTFILE=P_DATA.csv cd $HOMEDIR echo "\nStarting retrieval of Canadian Data at $DAT" >> $LOG ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mishnok
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mainframe to Unix. Huge file >5GB

Hi, The files are being zipped from mainframe to the UNIX server. I have to unzip huge files on AIX server which is too old. The UNZIP as well as gzip utility version is not able to handle it and if we have to install the latest version there is a lot of process which takes lot of process. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bijesh
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp from UNIX to mainframe

Hi, I have many scripts where i have used sftp for file transfer from unix box to unix box.. Now that we have to sftp files from unix to mainframe, i would like to know if that is possible. I just tried in the same way i did from unix to unix, but i got the error as connection refused. Are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read variable length file on UNIX generated by Mainframe?

Hi All, We have variable block file generated on Mainframe. We have to process the file on unix. So we FTPed the file on binary (as it has packed decimal fields). but i don't know how to read the file on unix. As you know variable block file will have a data like record length followed by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SundarGampa
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading file from mainframe to UNIX

Hi All , I need a help regarding file ftp ing from mainframe to unix.Our source file is mainframe file.I need to download the mainframe file to local unix server through unix script.If anyone can help me how we can do it through unix script ,it will be really helpful.Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
7 Replies
SVN::Dump::Record(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SVN::Dump::Record(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Dump::Record - A SVN dump record SYNOPSIS
# SVN::Dump::Record objects are returned by the next_record() # method of SVN::Dump DESCRIPTION
An "SVN::Dump::Record" object represents a Subversion dump record. METHODS
"SVN::Dump" provides the following gourps of methods: Record methods new() Create a new empty "SVN::Dump::Record" object. type() Return the record type, as guessed from its headers. The method dies if the record type cannot be determined. set_header( $h, $v ) Set the header $h to the value $v. get_header( $h ) Get the value of header $h. set_property( $p, $v ) Set the property $p to the value $v. get_property( $p ) Get the value of property $p. delete_property( @k ) Delete the set_text( $t ) Set the value of the text block. get_text() Get the value of the text block. Inner blocks manipulation A "SVN::Dump::Record" is composed of several inner blocks of various kinds: "SVN::Dump::Headers", "SVN::Dump::Property" and "SVN::Dump::Text". The following methods provide access to these blocks: set_headers_block( $headers ) get_headers_block() Get or set the "SVN::Dump::Headers" object that represents the record headers. set_property_block( $property ) get_property_block() Get or set the "SVN::Dump::Property" object that represents the record property block. delete_property( @keys ) Delete the given properties. Behave like the builtin "delete()". set_text_block( $text ) get_text_block() Get or set the "SVN::Dump::Text" object that represents the record text block. set_included_record( $record ) get_included_record() Some special record are actually output recursiveley by svnadmin dump. The "record in the record" is stored within the parent record, so they are parsed as a single record with an included record. "get_record()" / "set_record()" give access to the included record. According to the Subversion sources (subversion/libsvn_repos/dump.c), this is a "delete original, then add-with-history" node. The dump looks like this: Node-path: tags/mytag/myfile Node-kind: file Node-action: delete Node-path: tags/mytag/myfile Node-kind: file Node-action: add Node-copyfrom-rev: 23 Node-copyfrom-path: trunk/myfile Note that there is a single blank line after the first header block, and four after the included one. update_headers() Update the various "...-length" headers. Used internally. You must call this method if you update the inner property or text blocks directly, or the results of "as_string()" will be inconsistent. Information methods has_prop() Return a boolean value indicating if the record has a property block. has_text() Return a boolean value indicating if the record has a text block. has_prop_only() Return a boolean value indicating if the record has only a property block (and no text block). has_prop_or_text() Return a boolean value indicating if the record has a property block or a text block. property_length() Return the length of the property block. text_length() Return the length of the text block. Output method as_string() Return a string representation of the record. Warning: dumping a record currenly gives back the information that was read from the original dump. Which means that if you modified the property or text block of a record, the headers will be inconstent. ENCAPSULATION
When using "SVN::Dump" to manipulate a SVN dump, one should not directly access the "SVN::Dump::Headers", "SVN::Dump::Property" and "SVN::Dump::Text" components of a "SVN::Dump::Record" object, but use the appropriate "set_...()" and "get_...()" methods of the record object. These methods compute the appropriate modifications of the header values, so that the "as_string()" method outputs the correct information after any modification of the record. SEE ALSO
"SVN::Dump::Headers", "SVN::Dump::Property", "SVN::Dump::Text". COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006-2011 Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-03-22 SVN::Dump::Record(3pm)