Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX 11.23 - Sam and Smh.
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX 11.23 - Sam and Smh. Post 302757577 by mauregato on Thursday 17th of January 2013 05:19:14 PM
Old 01-17-2013
Hello, is the same tool, whit the only diferent, is that smh is accesible througth web too.

best regards.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAM file

I am having a problem on an HP box, where I am being told that there are too many open files. I am also being told I need to change a SAM file. Could some help me understand what a SAM files is and what it is used for. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristian
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

help on sam

hi, any idea how to get more info on the usage, unix equivalent of sam in hp-ux? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX Restricted SAM

I am having trouble getting restricted SAM to work by allocating Privileges to a "group". I can make it work by allocaing to the userid's, but would preferre to use the "group" option. Running B.11.11 Tried the following.... 1) Created a user group in /etc/group first 2) Used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrek
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

SYstem Management Homepage (SMH) Issues - HP-UX 11.11

I have a couple of issues with SMH running on HP-UX 11.11. The version numbers of the modules that I have loaded is below. 1) Does anyone have the "HPUX_EthernetLANEndpoint" or "HPUX_EthernetPort" modules on their server? I am getting errors within the SMH error log stating that these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDM_Nokia
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Tape drive not showing in SMH

We just migrated from an old PA-RISC system to a new rx2800 running 11iv3. I'm trying to get used to the System Management Homepage for general admin tasks. When attempting to do a test backup or restore, the external Ultrium tape is not shown in the device list. I'm looking under Home/System... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
5 Replies
Xserver(1)						      General Commands Manual							Xserver(1)

NAME
X - X Window System display server dispatcher SYNOPSIS
X [ option ...] DESCRIPTION
: Hewlett-Packard supports two X servers on HP-UX platforms, the Xhp X server which supports HP VISUALIZE graphics devices and the Xf86 X server which supports all other graphics devices. These X servers are delivered as /usr/bin/X11/Xhp and /usr/bin/X11/Xf86. The X dispatcher determines which X server to launch based on the available graphics devices. The control file /etc/X11/Xstart can provide additional guidance to the X dispatcher. The control file allows the user to specify which X server to start for given display connection numbers. The only X servers supported by the X dispatcher are Xhp, Xf86 and Xvfb. If no Xstart file exists, the dispatcher loads the appropriate X server for the graphics device in the system. HP-UX does not deliver the /etc/X11/Xstart file. This file can be created by using the SAM/SMH utility. OPTIONS
If the X dispatcher is invoked with no arguments, the display connection is assumed to be :0. The X dispatcher checks for display connec- tion options and, if found, uses that display connection number when it checks the Xstart file. All other options are passed on to the X server when it is started and it is the X server's responsibility to validate these options. Not all options may be supported on both X servers; refer to Xhp(1) and Xf86(1) to verify supported options for each X server. RETURN VALUE
None Xstart EXAMPLES The control file syntax is the X server to start followed by the display connection number. Valid entries take the form of: Xhp :0 Start the Xhp X server on display connection 0 Xf86 :10 Start the Xf86 X server on display 10 /usr/bin/X11/Xhp :5 Start the Xhp X server on display connection 5 /usr/bin/X11/Xvfb :7 Start the X Virtual Framebuffer server on display connection 7 FILES
/etc/X11/Xstart Dispatcher control file. /var/X11/Xserver/logs/Xstartup.N.log X dispatcher log file for display N. SEE ALSO
X(1), Xhp(1), Xf86(1) STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
See the appropriate section in Xhp(1) or Xf86(1). Xserver(1)