Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding DSN for MySql
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding DSN for MySql Post 302754653 by Anupam_Halder on Thursday 10th of January 2013 11:31:03 PM
Old 01-11-2013
unixODBC. We are trying to create DSN for mysql in UNIX. But not getting any good tutorial anywhere.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for adding a table in mysql with 10,000 lines ... pls help

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I need to write a shell script in sql to add 10,000 lines of data in a table . Pls help guys :) ---------- Post updated at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ---------- guys please help !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinumahalingam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Test new DSN connection to sql server

I installed an odbc driver and created a DSN to connect to a sql server database on AIX 6. I want to know how to test the DSN from the command line. What syntax or commands do I use? ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:26 AM ---------- OK I figured out how... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jdbrown239
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy UNIX File into a DSN with a specific Format

Hi All , I am new to programming and here is what i am trying to achieve , i am taking a list of mounted filesystems (based on the HLQ) , passing it on to a txt file and then copying the file to a DSN .The code i am using : df | grep WAST.*WASCFG.*ZFS | awk '{print $2}' | sort -o log.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjanM
5 Replies

5. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
PDO_ODBC-DSN(3) 							 1							   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)

PDO_ODBC DSN - Connecting to ODBC or DB2 databases

The PDO_ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) is composed of the following elements:

o DSN prefix
		-  The	DSN  prefix is odbc:. If you are connecting to a database cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog, you can
		append the cataloged name of the database to the DSN.

o DSN
		- The name of the database as cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog. Alternately, you  can  provide  a  complete
		ODBC connection string to connect to a database as described at http://www.connectionstrings.com/.

o UID  -	The  name  of the user for the connection. If you specify the user name in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of the user name
		argument in the PDO constructor.

o PWD - The password of the user for the connection. If you specify the password in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of  the  password
		argument in the PDO constructor.

Example #1

PDO_ODBC DSN example (ODBC driver manager)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an ODBC database cataloged as testdb in the ODBC driver manager:

odbc:testdb

Example #2

PDO_ODBC DSN example (IBM DB2 uncataloged connection)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an IBM DB2 database named SAMPLE using the full ODBC DSN syntax:

odbc:DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};HOSTNAME=localhost;PORT=50000;DATABASE=SAMPLE;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID=db2inst1;PWD=ibmdb2;

Example #3

PDO_ODBC DSN example (Microsoft Access uncataloged connection)

The  following  example	shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to a Microsoft Access database stored at C:db.mdb using the full ODBC
	      DSN syntax:

odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\db.mdb;Uid=Admin

PHP Documentation Group 													   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)