Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Determing the encoding of a file Post 302751841 by MIA651 on Friday 4th of January 2013 03:10:27 PM
Old 01-04-2013
Sorry DGPickett, tried that and it looked all Greek to me(not in a literal sense, lol)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encoding in Unix

1. I have a shell script which creates a file using cat command. How can i find what encoding the file follows (e.g. UTF8, ANSI)? 2. I want to convert that file to PC-ANSI format. How can i achieve that? I am using HP-Unix. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinment
2 Replies

3. AIX

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinment
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dymically determing the number of check list in Zenity, How?

hi, In my project i cannot determine the number of check list initially... I will know dynamically during execution... so How to specify the number of check list dynamically in zenity Waiting for your precious Answer..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin vi XML file encoding problem

Hi, I have got a zip (binary) file transferred from MacOS (thus it has additional __MACOSX directory packed inside). On extracting this zip, there are few *.xml files available. When I opened this *.xml file in vim editor using Cygwin (on windows) the editor displayed in the bottom. I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to find the character encoding of a file in hp_ux

how to find the character encoding of a file in hp_ux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the file encoding and updating the file encoding?

Hi, I am beginner to Unix. My requirement is to validate the encoding used in the incoming file(csv,txt).If it is encoded with UTF-8 format,then the file should remain as such otherwise i need to chnage the encoding to UTF-8. Please advice me how to proceed on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

Determing size of swap space

Hi Experts, Need your advise in determining the size of swap space in of the new HP-Ux server. Server is having 32G of physical memory. Ideally what amout of physical memory should be allocated as a swap space? Following document from HP suggests to have minimum swap space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
2 Replies

9. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know file encoding?

how can i know what format a file is * example: UTF-8 ANSI UCS2 i am in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
8 Replies
UNCRUSTIFY(1)							   User Commands						     UNCRUSTIFY(1)

NAME
uncrustify - C, C++, C#, D, Java and Pawn source code beautifier SYNOPSIS
uncrustify [OPTIONS] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
If no input files are specified, the input is read from stdin. If reading from stdin, you should specify the language using -l. If -F is used or files are specified on the command line, the output filename is PFX + "/" + filename + SFX. Unless, of course, the options --replace or --no-backup are used. When reading from stdin or doing a single file via the '-f' option, the output is dumped to stdout, unless redirected with -o FILE. Errors are always dumped to stderr OPTIONS
Basic Options: -c CFG Use the config file CFG. If not specified, uncrustify will use $UNCRUSTIFY_CONFIG or $HOME.uncrustify.cfg. -f FILE Process the single file FILE, sending output to stdout or the file specified with -o. -o FILE Redirect output to FILE. Use with -f, --update-config, --update-config-with-doc, --universalindent. -F FILE Read files to process from FILE, one filename per line. You can create this file using something like 'find . -name "*.c" > list.txt'. This cannot be combined with -f. --prefix PFX Prepend PFX to the output filename path. This cannot be combined with -f, --replace, or --no-backup. --suffix SFX Append SFX to the output filename. The default is '.uncrustify' if neither SFX or PFX are specified. This cannot be combined with -f, --replace, or --no-backup. --frag Assume the input is a code fragment and the first line is properly indented. --replace Replace source files (creates a backup). This cannot be combined with -f, --prefix, or --suffix. --no-backup Replace files, no backup. Useful if files are under source control This cannot be combined with -f, --prefix, or --suffix. --mtime Preserve mtime on replaced files. -l Language override: C, CPP, D, CS, JAVA, PAWN, VALA, OC, OC+ -t Load a file with types (usually not needed) -q Quiet mode - no output on stderr (-L will override) Config/Help Options: -h -? --help --usage Print this message and exit --version Print the version and exit --show-config Print out option documentation and exit --update-config Output a new config file. --update-config-with-doc Output a new config file with embedded usage comments. --universalindent Output a config file for Universal Indent GUI. --detect Detects the config from a source file. Use with '-f FILE'. Detection is currently fairly limited. Debug Options: -p FILE Dump debug info to a file -L SEV Set the log severity (see log_levels.h) -s Show the log severity in the logs --decode FLAG Print FLAG as text and exit EXAMPLES
Read a D file from stdin, output to stdout. cat foo.d | uncrustify -q -c my.cfg -l d Process a file, output to stdout. uncrustify -c my.cfg -d foo.d Process a source tree, output to a different tree. find src -name "*.[ch]" > files.txt uncrustify -c my.cfg -F files.txt --prefix out Process a source tree in-place. uncrustify -c my.cfg --no-backup $(find src -name "*.[ch]") NOTES
Use comments containing ' *INDENT-OFF*' and ' *INDENT-ON*' to disable processing of parts of the source file. AUTHOR
Written by Ben Gardner REPORTING BUGS
Use the issue tracker at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/uncrustify> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Ben Gardner LICENSE
GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. uncrustify 0.59 Oct 2009 UNCRUSTIFY(1)