Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding more text to a variable Post 302751633 by RudiC on Friday 4th of January 2013 08:15:13 AM
Old 01-04-2013
in bash:
Code:
$ var+=" green"
$ echo $var
blue green

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding 0 to a variable

Can anybody plz help me to solve this puzzle? amt=00002280674231 ((amt = amt + 0)) # to remove leading zero's echo $amt prints -2014293065 but this works fine for numbers less than 2000000000. Thanks S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakundan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding PATH variable

Hello i use bash and i added a path variable for 2 files /rscr and /uscr in /etc/profile /rscr working fine but the other one shows command not found and when i try to type whereis for scripts in /rscr it shows them but the other one shows nothing... thanks :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wir3d
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding spaces for a variable value

Hi, i have to form the header and add fillers(spaces) to it. I have done something like this. i have added 10 spaces at the end HDR="AAAABBBBCCNN " echo $HDR >> file1.dat but the spaces are not being stored in the file. How to add the spaces. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding specific text and spaces to each line in a text file

Hi, I wanted to add specific text to each row in a text file containing three rows. Example: 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8 9 0 7 9 7 8 9 0 1 2 And I want to add a 21 at the beginning of the first row, and blank spaces at the beginning of the second two rows. To get this: 21 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding value to variable using expr

for i `cat abc.txt` do m= `expr $i + 2` echo $m done i wrote this script to assing value to m. but i got the error "a.sh: 423: not found" please help me to sort out this issue (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kochu77
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding grep'd results in a variable

Here is one I am baffled with; I have not used unix for a while and now that I am back it has been fun remembering and I have enjoyed it, for the most past. this is in ksh. I need to search in a file for the line with X1 and cut columns 20-25, put them into a variable, added them (dollar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CougarMutt
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Content to Variable (bash)

is this possible? its kind of like incrementing the value of a number in a variable. but in this case, instead of the value of the variable being a number, it's just contents/strings/characters/alpha-numeric etc. NOT a number. For instance: VAR=Tommy for all in $(blah blah) do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Help] Adding text to a variable line in a file

Hey guys, I need to write a script that will add a specific text at the end of a specific line (of a text file). but the line is a variable this is my text file : device_2 ansible_ssh_host=127.0.0.1 ansible_ssh_port=30000 ansible_ssh_user='root' device_2 ansible_ssh_host=127.0.0.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OdedOvdat
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text from a variable using sed (Or awk) with punctuation

Hi All, I would have though this would have been simple, but... I have text in a variable that I need to insert into a bunch of other files... The text is simple: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
2 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)