Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nagios, clean all alerts
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nagios, clean all alerts Post 302750553 by SkySmart on Tuesday 1st of January 2013 10:04:57 PM
Old 01-01-2013
argh i remember having to deal with this. you actually have a few options at your disposal. there are free third party apps out there that does this type of thing for you. one of them thruk. you may have heard of it. i had some problems with it, but it may work perfectly for you.

i personally prefer to work on things from the backend. i did some rigorous searching. found Nagios Automation. i use a few of the scripts from that site. they work pretty well. does what i need. it looks like they're now charging for ALL their scripts though. try contacting their support email. you should get a free already developed script for what your trying to do. got one about a month ago to remove a bunch of devices all at once

Last edited by SkySmart; 01-02-2013 at 01:10 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vulnerability Alerts

Aside from CERT, are there any additional sources for unix/linux vulnerabilities? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmgrady01
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Alarms/Alerts

Is there a imbedded command (Solaris v8 ksh) that will send an administrative alert/alarm. Or is it just triggering a mail message via shell script? If no, is there a good open-source code someone knows about? Thanks so much in advance for any replies. ...Gozer13 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gozer13
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Email Alerts

Dear Network Masters, I want to know who brought up the concept of Email Alerts Feature. are their any RFC's on Email Alerts???? Please let me know. Thanks in Adv, meti (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nagios Alerts Issue

Hi, I had installed Nagios on RHEL5.0 for Server Monitoring and configured the email alerts. Presently i am able to get the alerts of the c drive space,ftp,http services, But when the host goes down I dont get any alert saying that the Host is down or Host is Up. Request you to please help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
4 Replies

5. Solaris

sms alerts

how to configure sms alerts in SUN SPARC servers to notify file system , cpu, memory and disk errors. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani.madiraju
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Alerts

hi I am running so scripts that clean up empty folders on our servers once a week. I run from a cron. But what i would like to do is add a email notfication so i can be notified that it completed. The script is #Clean Empty Folders on Studio Share perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

df -k Alerts

Hi - I would like to send an e-mail alerts if in the output below capacity reaches to 80% and 90% df -k /d500/oracle /d905/oracle /d805/oracle /d705/oracle Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/abcde_raid5_db/d500 52428800... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niraj_bhatt
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Grouping of Nagios alerts

Hi! I want to group alerts in Nagios and want to know if and how that can be done? So something like 1 alert for multiple alerts and I am notified only once than multiple times. I tried using nan and nans (two of the opensource solutions) and tried hooking them into Nagios but after... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Nagios is sending critical false alerts about current users

Hello All, Nagios seems to be sending false alerts about few hosts, (ex: There were no users on one host and still Nagios was reporting a critical alert and says 6 users are logged in. How do I fix this one? Also, I have installed nagios and added 12 hosts as a start and monitoring few... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
4 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_mon mode [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_mon - Provides a summary of cluster's current state. Outputs varying levels of detail in a number of different formats. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -Q, --quiet Display only essential output Modes: -h, --as-html=value Write cluster status to the named html file -X, --as-xml Write cluster status as xml to stdout. -w, --web-cgi Web mode with output suitable for cgi -s, --simple-status Display the cluster status once as a simple one line output (suitable for nagios) -S, --snmp-traps=value Send SNMP traps to this station -C, --snmp-community=value Specify community for SNMP traps(default is NULL) -T, --mail-to=value Send Mail alerts to this user. See also --mail-from, --mail-host, --mail-prefix Display Options: -n, --group-by-node Group resources by node -r, --inactive Display inactive resources -f, --failcounts Display resource fail counts -o, --operations Display resource operation history -t, --timing-details Display resource operation history with timing details -A, --show-node-attributes Display node attributes -c, --tickets Display cluster tickets Additional Options: -i, --interval=value Update frequency in seconds -1, --one-shot Display the cluster status once on the console and exit -N, --disable-ncurses Disable the use of ncurses -d, --daemonize Run in the background as a daemon -p, --pid-file=value (Advanced) Daemon pid file location -F, --mail-from=value Mail alerts should come from the named user -H, --mail-host=value Mail alerts should be sent via the named host -P, --mail-prefix=value Subjects for mail alerts should start with this string -E, --external-agent=value A program to run when resource operations take place. -e, --external-recipient=value A recipient for your program (assuming you want the program to send something to someone). EXAMPLES
Display the cluster status on the console with updates as they occur: # crm_mon Display the cluster status on the console just once then exit: # crm_mon -1 Display your cluster status, group resources by node, and include inactive resources in the list: # crm_mon --group-by-node --inactive Start crm_mon as a background daemon and have it write the cluster status to an HTML file: # crm_mon --daemonize --as-html /path/to/docroot/filename.html Start crm_mon and export the current cluster status as xml to stdout, then exit.: # crm_mon --one-shot --as-xml Start crm_mon as a background daemon and have it send email alerts: # crm_mon --daemonize --mail-to user@example.com --mail-host mail.example.com Start crm_mon as a background daemon and have it send SNMP alerts: # crm_mon --daemonize --snmp-traps snmptrapd.example.com AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)