Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find Unmatched name from given lists.. Post 302749497 by Killer420 on Friday 28th of December 2012 12:44:03 PM
Old 12-28-2012
spcl thnx to bipinajith....
exact ans. which i want..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

else unmatched

I'm getting an else unmatched error on the script below.. For info : SYDB is the database name entered as a param on the command line. #Check the DB name HBDB=`sql $SYDB <<_END_ | grep '^|' | grep -v dbase | sed 's/|//g' | sed 's/ //g' set autocommit on; \p\g set lockmode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.hamilton
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list of unmatched columns

Hi , I have two files want to compare and list of column values and postion which are not matched between two files,I can use diff but it will return rows from two files which are matched and unmatched columns.I wrote the below script but not working. f1=$1 f2=$2 for i in 1 do file1=`cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

done' unexpected and do' unmatched

Good morning, I have been teaching myself shell scripting and seem to be stuck here. I am sure I am just blind and not seeing it so I thought maybe some fresh eyes would help. With the script below I keep getting.... "syntax error at line 248 : `done' unexpected" I am not seeing why this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

`for' unmatched

:b:Hi guys, I am getting this error in this piece of code, Any help will be appreciate rypidoc.shl: syntax error at line 79 : `for' unmatched ##Determine if there is a file to process ls 3526*.dat > /dev/null 2>&1 if then exit fi for i in 3526*.dat do # Capture just the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove unmatched values

Below is my requirement : unmatched values should get deleted from file1 file1 A-1 B-1 C-1 D-2 E-3 F-4 file2 D C F output C-1 D-2 F-4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavnayas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the difference between two server lists

I just want to find the server names that belong to one list but doesnt belong to another. Just the server names in output. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmatched <<

Hi, I am running sinple ksh script . From some reason it failed on the following error: ./ogg_status.sh: syntax error at line 16 : `<<' unmatched Please advise. #!/usr/bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/software/oracle/DB10gR2 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/software/oracle/DB10gR2/lib:/usr/lib... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with unmatched condition

Hi Gurus, I'm facing some issues with multiple conditions in my if statement. if (!($InputLine=~/^Date/)) && (!($fields eq "VEN")) { Above is the line troughing some syntax errors. I am trying to avoid the below creteria lines to process in my logic. Records starting with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< unmatched error

Hi all, I want to call a plsql package that does not return any value. I am using the following script to do so: sqlplus $UserNamePwd <<EOF set head off begin test_pkg.procedure('$DebugFlag'); end; exit EOF if then log_message "procedure failed." exit 1 fi exit $? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
2 Replies
dump(5) 							File Formats Manual							   dump(5)

Name
       dumprestor, dumpdates - incremental dump format

Syntax
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/inode.h>
       #include <dumprestor.h>

Description
       Tapes used by and contain:
       A header record
       Two groups of bit map records
       A group of records describing directories
       A group of records describing files

The format of the header record and of the first record of each description as given in the include file <dumprestor.h> is:
       #define NTREC	   10
       #define MLEN	   16
       #define MSIZ	   4096

#define TS_TAPE	   1
       #define TS_INODE    2
       #define TS_BITS	   3
       #define TS_ADDR	   4
       #define TS_END	   5
       #define TS_CLRI	   6
       #define MAGIC	   (int) 60011
       #define CHECKSUM    (int) 84446

struct	 spcl {
	    int       c_type;
	    time_t	   c_date;
	    time_t	   c_ddate;
	    int       c_volume;
	    daddr_t	   c_tapea;
	    ino_t	   c_inumber;
	    int       c_magic;
	    int       c_checksum;
	    struct	   dinode	  c_dinode;
	    int       c_count;
	    char      c_addr[BSIZE];
       } spcl;

struct	 idates {
	    char      id_name[16];
	    char      id_incno;
	    time_t	   id_ddate;
       };

#define	 DUMPOUTFMT	"%-16s %c %s"	    /* for printf */
				     /* name, incno, ctime(date) */
       #define	 DUMPINFMT "%16s %c %[^
]
"  /* inverse for scanf */

NTREC  is  the  number of 1024-byte records in a physical tape block.  MLEN is the number of bits in a bit map word.  MSIZ is the number of
       bit map words.

The TS_ entries are used in the c_type field to indicate what sort of header this is.  The types and their meanings are as follows:

TS_TAPE	    Tape volume label.
       TS_INODE     A file or directory follows.  The c_dinode field is a copy of the disk inode and contains bits telling what sort of file  this
		    is.
       TS_BITS	    A bit map follows.	This bit map has a one (1) bit for each inode that was dumped.
       TS_ADDR	    A subrecord of a file description.	See c_addr described in the next list.
       TS_END	    End of tape record.
       TS_CLRI	    A bit map follows.	This bit map contains a zero bit for all inodes that were empty on the file system when dumped.
       MAGIC	    All header records have this number in c_magic.
       CHECKSUM     Header records checksum to this value.

The fields of the header structure are as follows:

c_type	    The type of the header.
       c_date	    The date the dump was taken.
       c_ddate	    The date the file system was dumped from.
       c_volume     The current volume number of the dump.
       c_tapea	    The current number of this (1024-byte) record.
       c_inumber    The number of the inode being dumped if this is of type TS_INODE.
       c_magic	    This contains the value MAGIC above, truncated as needed.
       c_checksum   This contains whatever value is needed to make the record sum to CHECKSUM.
       c_dinode     This is a copy of the inode as it appears on the file system.  For further information, see
       c_count	    The count of characters in c_addr.
       c_addr	    An	array of characters describing the blocks of the dumped file.  A character is zero if the block associated with that char-
		    acter was not present on the file system; otherwise the character is nonzero.  If the block was not present on the	file  sys-
		    tem,  no  block was dumped; the block will be restored as a hole in the file.  If there is not sufficient space in this record
		    to describe all of the blocks in a file, TS_ADDR records will be scattered through the file, each one  picking  up	where  the
		    last left off.

Each  volume  except  the last ends with a tapemark (read as an end of file).  The last volume ends with a TS_END record and then the tape-
       mark.

The structure idates describes an entry in the file where dump history is kept.	The fields of the structure are:

id_name	The dumped filesystem is `/dev/id_nam'.
       id_incno The level number of the dump tape.  For further information, see
       id_ddate The date of the incremental dump in system format.  For further information, see

Files
See Also
       fs(5), types(5), dump(8), restore(8)

dump(5)