Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ==please answer the following questions== Post 302749459 by vamshigvk475 on Friday 28th of December 2012 11:16:24 AM
Old 12-28-2012
Oracle ==please answer the following questions==

Hello Smilie !

i've few doubts.
1) how can we find the newly attached disk in SOLARIS ?

2) how to change port number of a service ?

3) how can we find that autofs is running in our system without using
svcs and prstat commands ?

4) we know that there are several types of dns servers in linux such
as bind,djbdns,power dns,nsd......

similarly , how many types of dns servers are there in SOLARIS ?

please tell me !!
Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent- please answer these set of questions

Hi, I have a few questions to be answered.Please help me out in this.Its urgent. 1) what does ' $* ' mean, what does it do ? 2) Command to change UNIX Password. 3) What is Daemon processes ? 4) How do u execute a Unix command or process in the background ? 5) What is nohup ? 6) Difference... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uni_ajay_r
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Answer Terminal Questions With Shell Script?

First off, I am using Mac OS X, with Apple Remote Desktop. I have to install several app's on teachers' laptops which are on several cd's that I have made disk images of. (DMG's) To do rollouts quicker, I have written a script to mount the disk images and running the installers inside each of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Reepr
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Experts Answer this INterview Questions please

1, why Boot server should be in a network in jumpstart? 2, what is the different between patch and package? 3, how to list the avilable NIC in solaris9? 4, User complaing system is slow (solaris) what are the steps to check? 5, what is hardware error and software error and Transport Error? in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can any one please answer these questions

6.nohup cmn is used to Prot execn of pgm frm aborting when hangup s/g is rxd Not hangup modem Disconn a node frm s/m Chng execn prev of pgm .wat is the o/p? Cut -d”” -f3 file1/sort -r Display 3rd col of file 1 in asc order Disp 3rd col of file 1 in desc Not ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techguru
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to answer the Questions in Perl .

I need to write a script to telnet or ssh a device the execute some commands in device then copy the output in a file, I wrote the script but I faced one issue, when you execute some commands the device asked me a Question, for example : device # copy run tftp device # Source filename ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Please give me answer for these interview questions.

As i'm going to attend my first interview day after tomorrow, What should i need to answer if the interviewer asked me about 1. Tell me about your production environment. 2. What about your team size? 3. Tell me about the most critical situation/issue you have ever faced. Can any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answer for these LINUX questions URGENT!!

I am very new to LINUX and could not find answer to these questions please submit your comments and suggestions to answer these questions. Appreciate your time thank you, :) If you look at the permissions associated with a symbolic link, it has universal access. Does this lead to security... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answer for these LINUX questions URGENT!!

I am very new to LINUX and could not find answer to these questions please submit your comments and suggestions to answer these questions. Appreciate your time thank you, :) 1. Make sure there is no filename1.txt in current directory first. Now, enter vi with "vi filename1.txt" command. vi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
4 Replies
dns(n)								 Tnm Tcl Extension							    dns(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dns - Query the Domain Name System of the Internet. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The dns command allows to query the Internet Domain Name System (DNS) (RFC 1034, RFC 1035, RFC 974, RFC 1912) for host information. The main purpose of this command is to convert host names into IP addresses and vice versa. The dns command also allows to retrieve host infor- mation records as well as mail exchanger records. DNS COMMAND
dns [options] Invoking the dns command with options but without any command arguments allows to retrieve and change the default values. See the description of supported options below. Default values are bound to a Tcl interpreter which allows to have multiple Tcl interpreter with different defaults. dns [options] address host The dns address command sends a query to retrieve the address record for the specified host. The command returns the list of IP addresses for the given host name. dns [options] name address The dns name command sends a query to retrieve the domain name pointer record. A pointer record maps an IP address to a fully quali- fied domain name (FQDN). The command returns the fully qualified domain name for the given IP address. dns [options] hinfo name The dns hinfo command sends a query to retrieve the host information record. The command returns a list containing two elements. The first element describes the hardware type and the second element the operating system. dns [options] mx name The dns mx command sends a query to retrieve the mail exchanger record. The command returns a list of mail exchanger records if name is a domain name for which one or more MX records exist. Each element of this list contains a full qualified domain name (FQDN) and its priority. dns [options] soa name The dns soa command sends a query to retrieve the start of authority record for a DNS domain. The command returns the name of the authoritative DNS server of the DNS domain name. DNS OPTIONS
-server server The -server option defines the DNS server which will be used to process the request. The default value is the default DNS server configured on the local system. -timeout time The -timeout option defines the time the dns command will wait for a response. The time is defined in seconds with a default of 2 seconds. -retries number The -retries option defines how many times a request is retransmitted during the timeout interval. The default number of retries is 2. Please note, that many resolver double the last timeout after every retry. SEE ALSO
scotty(1), Tnm(n), Tcl(n) AUTHORS
Erik Schoenfelder <schoenfr@gaertner.de> Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> Tnm dns(n)