Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XWindow Tool
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers XWindow Tool Post 302747813 by top.level on Sunday 23rd of December 2012 03:03:26 AM
Old 12-23-2012
XWindow Tool

Hi Guys

can any one help me in this regard ..

I'm using Reflaction and xManager but I want list of another xWindow tools between Unix and Windows ..

Pls advice ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO os5 xwindow

I acciedentaly terminated the x window session on my sco os5 machine. Can somone help me get it going again with out rebooting? Another ? Does anyone know where I can get the VNC version for SCO or can some one help me make changes to the RH version to work for SCO OS5. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruizf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xwindow on old computer

hello at first sorry for my english... i know it isn't good but i hope you can understand me i want to install xwindow on my old pentium133MHz, 49MB ram memory, graphic card - stb horizon64 1MB (with old monochromatic monitor - horizontal 30.6-36.0, vertical 50-90) all this under redhat6.1...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XWindow problems

ok, i've got a FreeBSD box, and it doesn't like my monitor. At all. The first time i installed BSD, it wouldn't write the changes. I reformated and reinstalled, and this time it would write, but when i went to load the x server with startx it would go through the load process, but say "no screens"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GirlsHackBetter
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xwindow display

I am installing Oracle 10g on UNIX. I have prepared the server in various fields. Then when I started installation, one error message came out like this: Could not execute auto check for display colors using command /usr/openwin/bin/xdpyinfo. Check if the DISPLAY variable is set. So I check... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where is xwindow start script

I am using a Mandrake spinoff (PCLinux) and would like to have a yakuake terminal started when I launch xwin. Where is the start up script? Thanks JZ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to exit xwindow

What is the command to exit xwindow when i am in xwindow's terminal. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Xwindow on Linux

Hi, On my PC which is a XP, I have installed SSH client from www.ssh.com company. Linux server is a CentOS version 5. Before using my application, I want to test it and I am trying to get the xclock display back to my window and it's not working. Any idea. #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

XWindow is not enabling !!!

Dear Experts, Our system admin is struggling over a month with an issue regarding xwindow. RHEL 5.4 is our server OS. whenever I export Display with my machine IP and run xclock. It is not working. We are using DHCP. Please tell me what checks and actions should be taken from our sys admin point... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Questions on CLI and xwindow

Hi, I was not sure about the terminology of the thing that I am about to explain, so it was very difficult to find relevant search results. I want to use my computer using the ctrl+alt+f1 CLI without using a graphical system. However, at the same time, I would also like to do basic tasks like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing xwindow on RHEL (offline)

I need to install xwindow on my RHEL 7.2 server which is behind a firewall and no access to internet. If I run the below code, it will not able to install, as my server dont have internet connection. yum -y install xterm* xorg* xclock xauth Do you know, where can I get the required binaries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies
madv.so.1(1)							   User Commands						      madv.so.1(1)

NAME
madv.so.1 - madv library SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/madv.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The madv.so.1 shared object provides a means by which the VM advice can be selectively configured for a launched process (or processes) and its descendants. To enable madv.so.1, the following string needs to be present in the environment (see ld.so.1(1)) along with one or more MADV environment variables: LD_PRELOAD=$LD_PRELOAD:madv.so.1 ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If the madv.so.1 shared object is specified in the LD_PRELOAD list, the following environment variables are read by the madv shared object to determine to which created process(es) to apply the specified advice. MADV=advice MADV specifies the VM advice to use for all heap, shared memory, and mmap regions in the process address space. This advice is applied to all created processes. Values for advice correspond to values in <sys/mman.h> used in madvise(3C) to specify memory access patterns: normal random sequential access_lwp access_many access_default MADVCFGFILE=config-file config-file is a text file which contains one or more madv configuration entries of the form: exec-name exec-args:advice-opts Advice specified in config-file takes precedence over that specified by the MADV environment variable. When MADVCFGFILE is not set, advice is taken from file /etc/madv.conf if it exists. exec-name specifies the name of an application or executable. The corresponding advice is set for newly created processes (see getexec- name(3C)) that match the first exec-name found in the file. exec-name can be a full pathname, a base name, or a pattern string. See File Name Generation in sh(1) for a discussion of pattern matching. exec-args is an optionally specified pattern string to match against arguments. Advice is set only if exec-args is not specified or occurs within the arguments to exec-name. advice-opts is a comma-separated list specifying the advice for various memory region(s): madv=advice Applies to all heap, shared memory, and mmap regions in the process address space. heap=advice The heap is defined to be the brk area (see brk(2)). Applies to the existing heap and for any additional heap mem- ory allocated in the future. shm=advice Shared memory segments (see shmat(2)) attached using any flags, flag SHM_SHARE_MMU, or flag SHM_PAGEABLE respec- ism=advice tively. Options ism and dism take precedence over option shm. dism=advice map=advice Mappings established through mmap(2) using any flags, flag MAP_SHARED, flag MAP_PRIVATE, or flag MAP_ANON, respec- mapshared=advice tively. Options mapshared, mapprivate, and mapanon take precedence over option map. Option mapanon takes precedence mapprivate=advice over mapshared and mapprivate. mapanon=advice MADVERRFILE=pathname By default, error messages are logged via syslog(3C) using level LOG_ERR and facility LOG_USER. If MADVERRFILE contains a valid pathname (such as /dev/stderr), error messages will be logged there instead. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Applying advice to all ISM segments The following configuration applies advice to all ISM segments for application /usr/bin/foo: example$ LD_PRELOAD=$LD_PRELOAD:madv.so.1 example$ MADVCFGFILE=madvcfg example$ export LD_PRELOAD MADVCFGFILE example$ cat $MADVCFGFILE /usr/bin/foo:ism=access_lwp Example 2: Setting advice for all applications with exception The following configuration sets advice for all applications with the exception of ls. example$ LD_PRELOAD=$LD_PRELOAD:madv.so.1 example$ MADV=access_many example$ MADVCFGFILE=madvcfg example$ export LD_PRELOAD MADV MADVCFGFILE example$ cat $MADVCFGFILE ls: Example 3: Precedence rules (continuation from Example 2) Because MADVCFGFILE takes precedence over MADV, specifying '*' (pattern match all) for the exec-name of the last madv configuration entry would be equivalent to setting MADV. The following is equivalent to example 2: example$ LD_PRELOAD=$LD_PRELOAD:madv.so.1 example$ MADVCFGFILE=madvcfg example$ export LD_PRELOAD MADVCFGFILE example$ cat $MADVCFGFILE ls: *:madv=access_many Example 4: Applying advice for different regions The following configuration applies one type of advice for mmap regions and different advice for heap and shared memory regions for a select set of applications with exec names that begin with foo: example$ LD_PRELOAD=$LD_PRELOAD:madv.so.1 example$ MADVCFGFILE=madvcfg example$ export LD_PRELOAD MADVCFGFILE example$ cat $MADVCFGFILE foo*:madv=access_many,heap=sequential,shm=access_lwp Example 5: Applying advice selectively The following configuration applies advice for the heap of applications beginning with ora that have ora1 as an argument: example$ LD_PRELOAD=$LD_PRELOAD:madv.so.1 example$ MADVCFGFILE=madvcfg example$ export LD_PRELOAD MADVCFGFILE example$ cat $MADVCFGFILE ora* ora1:heap=access_many FILES
/etc/madv.conf Configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWesxu (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cat(1), ld.so.1(1), proc(1), sh(1), brk(2), exec(2), fork(2), mmap(2), memcntl(2), shmat(2), getexecname(3C), madvise(3C), syslog(3C), proc(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The advice is inherited. A child process has the same advice as its parent. On exec() (see exec(2)), the advice is set back to the default system advice unless different advice has been configured via the madv shared object. Advice is only applied to mmap regions explicitly created by the user program. Those regions established by the run-time linker or by sys- tem libraries making direct system calls (for example, libthread allocations for thread stacks) are not affected. SunOS 5.10 15 Feb 2002 madv.so.1(1)