Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to ping localhost
Operating Systems AIX Unable to ping localhost Post 302747621 by chpsam on Saturday 22nd of December 2012 12:19:42 AM
Old 12-22-2012
Thanks Michael for the input. I have 2 days holiday. I shall try your suggestions once i am back to office and update this thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to ping host

Hi, dear all, I am rather new to Unix and have this problem where I cant seem to ping from 1 host to another. The scenerio is as follows: - 1 QNX host->Eth->1 SCO host the SCO host is configured with it's IP the QNX host is configured with another IP both in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.XX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC The Status Down but I can ping the localhost??!!

Hello, hi guys I don't know what is the problem with my NIC I can ping the Localhost (LOOPBACK) but when I run a scripts to check the NIC statuse it's shown the NIC DOWN sooo what could be the problem and what is the best way to start trouplshooting the NIC in SUN-SOLARIS. Regards, Karim ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable ping ipaddress

I have Sco openserver 5.0. It had a 125. ip. I changed it to a 192. ip. was unable to ping the 192. I was told to change it in the etc/tcp etc/hosts files which i did. still unable to ping. i am getting a message unable to route to host. I also have an error in my etc/tcp file on line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdoug76
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to ping

DEar all i am receiving this error on start and then unable to ping (dlpid): unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/e3h0) what to do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Unable to ping the gateway IP itself

We are unable to bring one of our linux boxes into the network once it was restarted. But once we stop and start the network service. We are able to ping the gateway and get into network. After a minute or two we get the following reponse for the ping command 64 bytes from 124.168.215.40:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
6 Replies

6. Solaris

unable to ping server

hi, I setup a Solaris machine in my server room and my client cannot access it. Can anyone advise? Test that i have done: -My client pc cannot ping the server. -My solaris server cannot ping client -My solaris server can ping it's gateway -Another NT machine 1 (10.179.30.26) in the server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skiturn
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

unable to ping to my server

hi, I setup a Solaris machine in my server room and my client cannot access it. Can anyone advise? Test that i have done: -My client pc cannot ping the server. -My solaris server cannot ping client -My solaris server can ping it's gateway -Another NT machine 1 (10.179.30.26) in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skiturn
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to ping New server

Hi ALL, I Have installed NEW v240 server through hyper terminal, After installation i unable to ping the server from out side server... i can see no entry in resolve.conf file.. but the server has DNS.. willl that issue.. please guide me ping the server from outside within the same network bk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to ping Windows

Hello, Am unable to ping the Windows Box, from my Solaris Box. They both are in same LAN, have the same IP Segments. Windows IP :: 10.141.14.120 Solaris IP :: 10.141.14.11 Unable to get why isnt working out.... When using the command 'ping 10.141.14.120', it gives the error as 'ping:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayanto
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Unable to connect to localhost in Debian 6?

Hello Everyone, I have unable to run the default server with localhost in my Debian machine. While trying to run Django I get: Error: That IP address can't be assigned-to. error While trying to run galaxy-dist I get this error: socket.error: Cannot assign requested address I can't telnet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
3 Replies
hdate::Hdate(3) 					       libhdate C++ language						   hdate::Hdate(3)

NAME
hdate::Hdate - Hdate class. SYNOPSIS
#include <hdatepp.h> Public Member Functions Hdate () Hdate constructor. ~Hdate () Hdate destructor. void set_gdate (int d, int m, int y) compute date structure from the Gregorian date void set_hdate (int d, int m, int y) compute date structure from the Hebrew date void set_jd (int jd) compute date structure from the Julian day char * get_format_date (int s) get formated hebrew date. char * get_day_of_week_string (int s) get name of week day. char * get_month_string (int s) get name month. char * get_hebrew_month_string (int s) get name hebrew month. char * get_holyday_string (int s) get name hebrew holiday. int get_holyday_type () get the hebrew holiday type. char * get_parasha_string (int s) get name hebrew parasha. char * get_hebrew_year_string () get name hebrew year. char * get_hebrew_day_string () get name hebrew hebrew day of the month int get_parasha () get parash number int get_holyday () get holiday number int get_gday () get Gregorian day of the month int get_gmonth () get Gregorian month int get_gyear () get Gregorian year int get_hday () get Hebrew day of the month int get_hmonth () get Hebrew month int get_hyear () get Hebrew year int get_day_of_the_week () get the day of the week int get_size_of_year () get the size of the Hebrew year in days int get_new_year_day_of_the_week () get the day of the week of hebrew new years int get_julian () get the Julian day number int get_days () get the number of days sice Tishrey I int get_weeks () get the number of weeks sice Tishrey I void set_location (double in_latitude, double in_longitude, int in_tz) set location int get_sunrise () sunrise time int get_sunset () sunset time int get_first_light () first light time int get_talit () talit time int get_first_stars () first stars time int get_three_stars () three stars time int get_sun_hour () sun light hour time int get_midday () midday hour time char * get_translator_string () name of translator void set_diaspora () set this hdate object to use diaspora holidays and dates void set_israel () set this hdate object to use israel holidays and dates Detailed Description Hdate class. class for Hebrew/Gregorian date conversions Constructor &; Destructor Documentation hdate::Hdate::Hdate () [inline] Hdate constructor. hdate::Hdate::~Hdate () [inline] Hdate destructor. Member Function Documentation void hdate::Hdate::set_gdate (int d, int m, int y) [inline] compute date structure from the Gregorian date Parameters: d Day of month 1..31 m Month 1..12 , if m or d is 0 return current date. y Year in 4 digits e.g. 2001 void hdate::Hdate::set_hdate (int d, int m, int y) [inline] compute date structure from the Hebrew date Parameters: d Day of month 1..31 m Month 1..14 , if m or d is 0 return current date. y Year in 4 digits e.g. 5731 void hdate::Hdate::set_jd (int jd) [inline] compute date structure from the Julian day Parameters: jd the julian day number. char* hdate::Hdate::get_format_date (int s) [inline] get formated hebrew date. return the short ( e.g. '1 Tishrey' ) or long (e.g. 'Tuesday 18 Tishrey 5763 Hol hamoed Sukot' ) formated date. Parameters: s short flag. Returns: a static string of foramted date char* hdate::Hdate::get_day_of_week_string (int s) [inline] get name of week day. Parameters: s short flag true - returns a short string: sun, false returns: sunday. Returns: a static string of the day of the week char* hdate::Hdate::get_month_string (int s) [inline] get name month. Parameters: s short flag true - returns a short string: Mar, false returns: March. Returns: a static string of month name char* hdate::Hdate::get_hebrew_month_string (int s) [inline] get name hebrew month. Parameters: s short flag true - returns a short string. Returns: a static string of hebrew month name char* hdate::Hdate::get_holyday_string (int s) [inline] get name hebrew holiday. Parameters: s short flag true - returns a short string. Returns: a static string of hebrew holiday name int hdate::Hdate::get_holyday_type () [inline] get the hebrew holiday type. Returns: the holiday type (1- regular holyday, 2- three regels, 3- tzom, 0- no holiday) char* hdate::Hdate::get_parasha_string (int s) [inline] get name hebrew parasha. Parameters: s short flag true - returns a short string. Returns: a static string of hebrew parash name char* hdate::Hdate::get_hebrew_year_string () [inline] get name hebrew year. Returns: a static string of hebrew year char* hdate::Hdate::get_hebrew_day_string () [inline] get name hebrew hebrew day of the month Returns: a static string of hebrew day of the month int hdate::Hdate::get_parasha () [inline] get parash number Returns: the hebrew parasha number int hdate::Hdate::get_holyday () [inline] get holiday number Returns: the hebrew holiday number int hdate::Hdate::get_gday () [inline] get Gregorian day of the month Returns: the Gregorian day of the month int hdate::Hdate::get_gmonth () [inline] get Gregorian month Returns: the Gregorian month int hdate::Hdate::get_gyear () [inline] get Gregorian year Returns: the Gregorian year int hdate::Hdate::get_hday () [inline] get Hebrew day of the month Returns: the Hebrew day of the month int hdate::Hdate::get_hmonth () [inline] get Hebrew month Returns: the Hebrew month int hdate::Hdate::get_hyear () [inline] get Hebrew year Returns: the Hebrew year int hdate::Hdate::get_day_of_the_week () [inline] get the day of the week Returns: the day of the week int hdate::Hdate::get_size_of_year () [inline] get the size of the Hebrew year in days Returns: the size of the Hebrew year in days int hdate::Hdate::get_new_year_day_of_the_week () [inline] get the day of the week of hebrew new years Returns: the day of the week of hebrew new years int hdate::Hdate::get_julian () [inline] get the Julian day number Returns: the Julian day number int hdate::Hdate::get_days () [inline] get the number of days sice Tishrey I Returns: the the number of days sice Tishrey I int hdate::Hdate::get_weeks () [inline] get the number of weeks sice Tishrey I Returns: the the number of weeks sice Tishrey I void hdate::Hdate::set_location (double in_latitude, double in_longitude, int in_tz) [inline] set location Parameters: in_longitude longitude to use in calculations degrees, negative values are east in_latitude latitude to use in calculations degrees, negative values are south in_tz time zone int hdate::Hdate::get_sunrise () [inline] sunrise time Returns: sunrise in minutes after midnight (00:00) int hdate::Hdate::get_sunset () [inline] sunset time Returns: sunset in minutes after midnight (00:00) int hdate::Hdate::get_first_light () [inline] first light time Returns: first light in minutes after midnight (00:00) int hdate::Hdate::get_talit () [inline] talit time Returns: talit time in minutes after midnight (00:00) int hdate::Hdate::get_first_stars () [inline] first stars time Returns: first stars in minutes after midnight (00:00) int hdate::Hdate::get_three_stars () [inline] three stars time Returns: three stars in minutes after midnight (00:00) int hdate::Hdate::get_sun_hour () [inline] sun light hour time Returns: sun light hour in minutes int hdate::Hdate::get_midday () [inline] midday hour time Returns: midday hour in minutes char* hdate::Hdate::get_translator_string () [inline] name of translator Returns: a static string with name of translator, or NULL if none void hdate::Hdate::set_diaspora () [inline] set this hdate object to use diaspora holidays and dates void hdate::Hdate::set_israel () [inline] set this hdate object to use israel holidays and dates Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libhdate C++ language from the source code. Version 1.4 6 Jan 2008 hdate::Hdate(3)