Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NIM NFS file system cannot unmount Post 302746819 by MichaelFelt on Thursday 20th of December 2012 04:29:18 AM
Old 12-20-2012
I am guessing you are running a
Code:
nim -o define -t mksysb ...

command to perform these backups and it is the client that is not able to unmount.

To debug - you could start with using rpcinfo -p <NIM> | grep nfs to see if the nfs demons are recognized.

The other question I would have is whethr this client has more than one IP address and/or nim route back to the nim server. If it is, the way I debugged the interface being used by default is the telnet/ssh to the nim server (use the <NIM> name as hostname, and then after login, use the command "who" to show which IP address/hostname is recognized as originating IP address.

Compare these values to what a "working" client returns.

My gut feeling, if I read corrently it is the same client that fails, is that there is a configuration difference between this client and the one that succeed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

UNMOUNT a windows file system

Hi, I try to unmount : smbumount /mnt/directory But I receive : Could not umount /mnt/directory: Device or resource busy Any idea ? Many thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system?

Hi... Is it possible to re-export a exported NFS file system? If no, Why? Let me know, if any further details are required about the question. Thanks in advance Adams:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adams Nave
5 Replies

3. AIX

Cannot access NFS file system

I create a NFS file system. I can read this system from client, however, I cannot write anything in this folder. Why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. AIX

changing values for nfs shared file system on aix

Hi, I want to change the values for shared file system in aix for that I have run the command smitty chnfsexp but I am not getting the all the values which I have seen while adding the file system while exporting example smitty chnfsexp but after selecting shared file system using F4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check whether file system is local or NFS?

Hi, suppose I have file system path say /foo/bar/baz then how would I find out whether it is local file system or NFS? If it is NFS then I want to find out the host where file system is located. Thanks, Paresh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: masaniparesh
5 Replies

7. AIX

For NIM: NFS file system problem

hello, i am trying to export a file system so that i can mount it on NIM server and make mksysb backup of the server on that fs. i get this message: mount: 1831-011 access denied for s_semdev:/dr_s_zeus/mksysb/dr_s_zeus mount: 1831-008 giving up on: s_semdev:/dr_s_zeus/mksysb/dr_s_zeus ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happens if i unmount local file system when is mounted to a different server?

Hi, as title says what happens if i unmount local file system when is mounted to a diffrent server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies

9. AIX

Write once on NFS file system

Hello Guru's We are trying to save some data for 10 -15 yrs. so we created a NFS share file system and mounted on AIX 5.3 servers, keeping in mind that we might need to replace the expired disk/bad disk every 2 yrs or 4 yrs. Now we are trying to solve. How to protect it from getting deleted... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
6 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to mount previously-working NFS share from NIM to LPAR

Right, now that I've finally worked out this website, I'll ask my question! I am having an absolute nightmare with NFS on AIX. I have used it many times, and I know what I'm doing, however I cannot fathom what is going on here. I have 2 LPARs, sitting on the same physical host. They are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmooredba
12 Replies
tapset::nfs_proc(3stap) 												   tapset::nfs_proc(3stap)

NAME
tapset::nfs_proc - systemtap nfs_proc tapset DESCRIPTION
nfs.proc.lookup NFS client opens/searches a file on server See probe::nfs.proc.lookup(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.read NFS client synchronously reads file from server See probe::nfs.proc.read(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.write NFS client synchronously writes file to server See probe::nfs.proc.write(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.commit NFS client committing data on server See probe::nfs.proc.commit(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.read_setup NFS client setting up a read RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.read_setup(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.read_done NFS client response to a read RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.read_done(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.write_setup NFS client setting up a write RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.write_setup(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.write_done NFS client response to a write RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.write_done(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.commit_setup NFS client setting up a commit RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.commit_setup(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.commit_done NFS client response to a commit RPC task See probe::nfs.proc.commit_done(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.open NFS client allocates file read/write context information See probe::nfs.proc.open(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.release NFS client releases file read/write context information See probe::nfs.proc.release(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.handle_exception NFS client handling an NFSv4 exception See probe::nfs.proc.handle_exception(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.create NFS client creating file on server See probe::nfs.proc.create(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.remove NFS client removes a file on server See probe::nfs.proc.remove(3stap) for details. nfs.proc.rename NFS client renames a file on server See probe::nfs.proc.rename(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::nfs.proc.lookup(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.read(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.write(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.commit(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.read_setup(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.read_done(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.write_setup(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.write_done(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.commit_setup(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.commit_done(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.open(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.release(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.handle_exception(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.create(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.remove(3stap), probe::nfs.proc.rename(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::nfs_proc(3stap)